Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DV-8's Smite Tier List

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DV-8's Smite Tier List 90 posts - page 4 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » April 6, 2018 1:15pm | Report
DV-8 wrote:

@xmysterionz Thanatos is definitely a strong god, and will always be relevant with his execute. However, the thing that I feel keeps him from S is the fact that he is a bit counterable. For example, he doesn't really have a true escape, other than pure movement speed. His kit is definitely solid and deserving of at least A tier, but I'm not completely convinced yet that he is S.

Yes, I agree, but due this escape makes him immune to slow makes him something like one step in A and one step in S, at least for me.

Besides, thanks for the topic, I acquired a lot of knowledge here. Can you also just explain why Cupid is B and Ratatoskr is S, just curiosity :)

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 6, 2018 1:34pm | Report
Guessing: Ratatoskr S because early movement/rotation strength (Acorn can be bought outside of fountain) and as discussed in a different thread, a bunch of the better items fit really well with his kit right now.

Cupid B because he's got weaker early clear, he's a hunter that normally doesn't build crit (so Midgardian/Witchblade buffs hurt him and the 5.6 Nemean/Thorns doesn't really help him), and he only has 2 damaging abilities.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » April 6, 2018 1:44pm | Report
Haven't read all the comments, but I'm just going to touch on the Thor/Arachne situation. I think they both are on the same level. If Thor is A then Ara should be as well (at least).

Thor is basically a pubstomper as well, because you pretty much have to get fed for him to be relevant. And I feel Ara can still do stuff even if she isn't fed. :)

And yes Thor support for the win xD
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » April 6, 2018 2:52pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

You definitely have more knowledge on the matchups and states of the gods than I do...I really do need to do the ranked thing (and still need to get through qualifiers...queue with me?).

Let's do it! We need to get you qualified, lol.

DiabeticRage wrote:

Hey DV-8,

I really like the tier list and appreciate all the work you put into it. One god I am specifically interested in is Agni. I have seen him picked quite a few times in various game modes and people tend to perform very well with him. What do you think is keeping him from being an S+? (Not that I necessarily disagree with your ranking, just wondering what you think :) )

Thank you so much ^_^

I feel that Agni makes a pretty strong case for S+ tier. If we look at it comparatively, I don't think he is quite on par with the likes of a Janus or a Thoth as of right now, but is probably more comparable to the likes of others in S, such as Sol.

Although he does receive ban votes from time to time, I just feel that other picks and bans are prioritized over him right now, which is one of the main reasons I hesitated to place him in S+.

It will be interesting to see how he fares in 5.6 with the nerfs to Thoth, Soul Gem, and Warlock's Staff.

xmysterionz wrote:

Yes, I agree, but due this escape makes him immune to slow makes him something like one step in A and one step in S, at least for me.

Besides, thanks for the topic, I acquired a lot of knowledge here. Can you also just explain why Cupid is B and Ratatoskr is S, just curiosity :)

Branmuffin17 wrote:

Guessing: Ratatoskr S because early movement/rotation strength (Acorn can be bought outside of fountain) and as discussed in a different thread, a bunch of the better items fit really well with his kit right now.

Cupid B because he's got weaker early clear, he's a hunter that normally doesn't build crit (so Midgardian/Witchblade buffs hurt him and the 5.6 Nemean/Thorns doesn't really help him), and he only has 2 damaging abilities.

For Ratatoskr, as Bran touched on, his Acorn is a big advantage. His early game is very strong among Assassins, and he has superb mobility and gank potential. His kit also allows him to build tanky while still being able to burst down enemies, which allows him to engage fights and have a solid team fight presence in the late game.

Basically, his kit is very strong, and he is a common meta pick, which fulfills my requirements for S tier.

As for Cupid, Bran also hit a key point when talking about his early game. His clear in particular can be a bit awkward to work around. This combined with the other aspect that Bran mentioned; he only has two damaging abilities, means that he will struggle to have any sort of lane pressure.

As for his ultimate, I find it to be very easily countered. Most relics will negate it or save you from it, and the Mesmerize is interrupted by The Crusher, which is a very strong item right now.

In the right hands, he is still a very solid option that can have an impact on a match, but I think it is fair to say that there are generally better options available. This satisfies the requirements for B tier.

Thanks!

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » April 6, 2018 4:19pm | Report
Yup. Agree with everyone else about Kali in B.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » April 6, 2018 5:52pm | Report
Just lost a game to He Bo late game so I agree with S+ xD
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » April 6, 2018 7:41pm | Report

Just lost a game to He Bo late game so I agree with S+ xD

LOL!

Same actually xD

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » April 8, 2018 7:20pm | Report
Minor update.

After some thinking and healthy conversations with different SmiteFire members, I've made a few small changes. Some may seem a bit strange, but these are just my opinion.

Change Log

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » July 19, 2018 5:33pm | Report
After several patches, I finally got around to updating this as of Patch 5.12.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » July 19, 2018 6:16pm | Report
Why isnt Deathbringer s+ tier?

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }