Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DV-8's Smite Tier List

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DV-8's Smite Tier List 90 posts - page 2 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » March 27, 2018 2:20pm | Report
@marki: I agree with your fenrir analysis.
Upper B tier/lower A tier.
Talaaria boots being required also hurts his early burst.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » March 27, 2018 2:42pm | Report
boogiebass wrote:

@marki: I agree with your fenrir analysis.
Upper B tier/lower A tier.
Talaaria boots being required also hurts his early burst.

I actually never go Talaria, feel the burst and clear speed from warriors is more valuable (now that ppl like talaria I don't like it anymore) :P

He is definitely better than Thor though!

And you can camp under phoenix fairly well atm with most comps. So unless you stomp really hard early and mid you will end up falling off late game compared to a "real" assassin. He might actually be better if you build him AA. So AA-fen = A and ability = B :P
IDK though I have only played against him so far this season.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » March 27, 2018 3:42pm | Report
@Marki: Great points. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Branmuffin17 wrote:

Actually, mind chatting more on Osiris (and similar gods), and nerfs/buffs to specific items?

So in my statement above, I said I expected the Witchblade and Midgardian Mail buffs to make warriors more viable in solo...actually, I should have said tanky gods in general, which would include Guardians like Ymir, Sobek, etc. Those two items add a ton of health combined, and now they stack attack speed slows, which is big.

At a not so distant past, Osiris was top tier. This was earlier in S4 when Death's Toll was still strong for cleave basics, and Gladiator's Shield had better stats, if I'm not mistaken.

These days, he's either got to go Hunter's Blessing or Warrior's Blessing, and I'd expect Warrior's is the better choice, though I honestly don't know as I haven't played him. Glad Shield might still be okay, but the nerf, combined with lesser healing potential from the blessing, make his sustain in lane a lot weaker, with overall less clear potential.

On top of that, the Witch/Midgard buffs could definitely hurt his damage output. I'd say his damage output wasn't the biggest part of his kit...it was more the control he could provide with some nice damage mitigation, and being able to just stick to his enemies. Midgardian, though, really cuts into both his damage potential and his speed in sticking, if he's focusing a god building it...which is important for early laning, but less so late-game.

I'm more curious though...Midgard and Witchblade, to me, are later-game counter items...I never pick them up early. With these buffs, think they might be grabbed earlier? Early enough to the extent that they would screw with his laning phase?

In any case, putting all this together, and...okay, now I start thinking that he struggles, and might be better in B...but you, Duo, Kriega and others might have better opinions.

Dealing with Osiris:

This was kind of my reasoning. I think his performance will be hurt by Midgardian Mail (and perhaps Witchblade being picked up a bit more often now), not just for what it does to his offensive potential, but also with his ability to stick to people (as you mentioned).

However, as I haven't had any direct experiences with 5.5 (yet), this is purely speculation, and I think it is best to keep him in A for now until we see how it plays out. I was probably being a bit too impulsive dropping him immediately down to B. But I don't think it is a stretch of the imagination for him to fall as low as that.

(Can you tell I wasn't a big fan of the Midgardian Mail change?)

With Witchblade, I can see it functioning mainly as a later-game counter item, but I feel that Midgardian Mail could be picked up as early as the laning phase. This especially applies to Solo lane, particularly against AA-based gods such as Bellona, Osiris, or Erlang Shen. Bonus points if they have a Bakasura or Kali jungle accompanying them.

Again though, we will have to see how this plays out...

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » March 27, 2018 4:53pm | Report
I want to note that I don't think Witchblade will be picked up more now because of its 100 health buff, but rather because the attack slow stacks with Midgardian (or vice versa).

Marki, yeah...hadn't really thought about Frostbound Hammer because I never pick it up these days, but...yeah...

Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » March 27, 2018 4:55pm | Report
@Bran: Hey Bran, remember that one Assault game where I played Fenrir and built Frostbound Hammer (you were Jing Wei)? That enemy Sobek was pretty much a sitting duck for you.

Outside conquest, Froatbound is super under rated.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » March 28, 2018 9:12pm | Report
Made a few changes:

Achilles: Moved from S to S+

Freya: Moved from S to A

Janus: Moved from S to S+

Raijin: Moved from S to A

Camazotz: Moved from A to S

Ra: Moved from A to S

Zeus: Moved from B to C

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » April 5, 2018 5:26pm | Report
MAJOR REHAUL

I had a bit of free time on my hands, so I decided to spend it refining this Tier List.

Beforehand, I had far too many gods in A Tier, which is a mistake that was to be had with me creating my first ever tier list.

Now, I have revised the KEY and how gods are classified, leaving a bit more room for disparity.

Because of this, several gods have been moved. For those interested, I have kept a record of the moves below:

Tier List Changes

I'm excited to see what changes the 5.6 Patch will bring!

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 5, 2018 7:28pm | Report
Slightly surprised at how many gods you have listed in B rather than A. I'd personally expect gods like Scylla, Medusa, Cernunnos to be considered A. I know on the hunter side of things they're pretty weak now, though, so I can understand if that affects your ratings.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » April 5, 2018 8:16pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Slightly surprised at how many gods you have listed in B rather than A. I'd personally expect gods like Scylla, Medusa, Cernunnos to be considered A. I know on the hunter side of things they're pretty weak now, though, so I can understand if that affects your ratings.

Yes, beforehand, I had SO many gods in A Tier that it just... didn't feel right. I made these changes because I have exclusively been playing Ranked as of late. At the moment, I feel like I have a pretty solid grasp on the meta.

I feel that Smite is generally well-balanced, so there really isn't a whole lot of difference between a god in A tier vs B tier. It comes down to small, arguable details.

My KEY's description for B tier is:
  • Still somewhat strong, but not competitively viable in all situations. High player skill with individuals in this pool is likely to still sway a match up in your favor, but there are generally better picks.

These gods still have potential to be game-changers, but I feel that in terms of these B Tiered gods, there are arguably better picks.

For example, Medusa is a strong god in her own right, and players with a high skill level can still have a significant impact on a match with her. However, she has a blockable dash that enemies can capitalize on. Furthermore, she is very mana hungry in the early game, and this can be exploited to hurt her farm. Good players can work around this, but it is arguable that there are safer options out there.

Another way to think of it is; gods in B tier and lower have more apparent weaknesses that can be exploited, with C tier's being the most glaring. Gods in A tier and higher have kits that give them more opportunities to be successful. Generally, they will fit into most team compositions more seamlessly without having to be built around for maximum effectiveness.

A good example of this is when Cu Chulainn was completely broken. In that past meta, if you were a solo laner, and there was a Cu Chulainn on the other team, the Cu Chulainn wasn't adjusting to you; you were adjusting to the Cu Chulainn.

He could pretty much carry without having to have any other pieces put around him in order to succeed. So on that note, you might have to put certain pieces around something like a Scylla in order to operate effectively as a team, but this is less the case with someone like an Eset (A Tier) or a Thoth (S+ Tier).

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 5, 2018 9:15pm | Report
Good explanations, thanks DV. Just a shocker for me, cuz when I think of general tier lists and gods that have been considered very balanced for a long time, Medusa, for example, is at the top of the list. But you make some good points, AND hunters in general are considered weaker overall right now. When's the last time a hunter was considered up in the S/S+ ranks?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }