Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DV-8's Smite Tier List

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DV-8's Smite Tier List 90 posts - page 3 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » April 5, 2018 9:50pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

When's the last time a hunter was considered up in the S/S+ ranks?

I currently have Ullr listed as S+, and Anhur, Hachiman, and Hou Yi as S.

Is this what you meant? Or are you referring to how they are ranked on other peoples' tier lists?

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » April 6, 2018 1:03am | Report
What makes Kali a C tier pick? Not saying I necessarily disagree because I honestly don't play SMITE enough at the moment to have a good grasp of the meta, just curious.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » April 6, 2018 3:16am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

What makes Kali a C tier pick? Not saying I necessarily disagree because I honestly don't play SMITE enough at the moment to have a good grasp of the meta, just curious.

She got hit really hard by Midgardian Mail and burst damage is mainly what you look for in your assassins atm (she has decent burst, but not insane). I would say she is B/C though anti heal is a pretty big thing though atm so her passive is not as OP. Still stupid good though.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » April 6, 2018 4:09am | Report

I like that you removed some of the gods from A (as you said there was a lot of gods in A hehe).

Her are the picks I disagree on (starting from the top) ^_^

I think HeBo is more of an S pick now, he was SS/S+ at the start much becaus ppl had forgotten bow to play against it. But S+ is also fine, But i feel Da ji, Janus, nem and Thoth are a tier over he bo.

Anhur, Hou yi and Sobek are A for me.

Serqet is still S+ for me. Always a ban in my book.

Still think Thor is B and not A :(

Ao kuang, Arachne, freya, hel, iza, medusa, rajin, scylla, terra, zhong are still A for me.

Kali is B for me (might be because of personal preference).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » April 6, 2018 6:40am | Report
Man, I totally agree with the list, but I'm just insecure with that Kali in C and not in B. Also the Thanatos in A and not S.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » April 6, 2018 10:48am | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

Man, I totally agree with the list, but I'm just insecure with that Kali in C and not in B. Also the Thanatos in A and not S.

She got hit really hard by Midgardian Mail and burst damage is mainly what you look for in your assassins atm (she has decent burst, but not insane). I would say she is B/C though anti heal is a pretty big thing though atm so her passive is not as OP. Still stupid good though.

As Marki said, the recent buff to anti-attack speed items such as Witchblade, and most notably Midgardian Mail, have really had an impact on her effectiveness I feel.

Moreover, Kali is a late game god. This is mainly due to the fact that she is dependent on getting certain items online (such as penetration and attack speed). Once her items are built, she is strong. However, in the early game, she can really be punished and outfarmed by other picks.

Basically, she just has so many different ways that she can be hard countered. I think it is unlikely that we see her in the competitive scene as there are a multitude of better picks, unless the user is a true master with the god. This fits my KEY's description for C tier, which is why I decided to place her there.

@xmysterionz Thanatos is definitely a strong god, and will always be relevant with his execute. However, the thing that I feel keeps him from S is the fact that he is a bit counterable. For example, he doesn't really have a true escape, other than pure movement speed. His kit is definitely solid and deserving of at least A tier, but I'm not completely convinced yet that he is S.

I like that you removed some of the gods from A (as you said there was a lot of gods in A hehe).

Her are the picks I disagree on (starting from the top) ^_^

I think HeBo is more of an S pick now, he was SS/S+ at the start much becaus ppl had forgotten bow to play against it. But S+ is also fine, But i feel Da ji, Janus, nem and Thoth are a tier over he bo.

Anhur, Hou yi and Sobek are A for me.

Serqet is still S+ for me. Always a ban in my book.

Still think Thor is B and not A :(

Ao kuang, Arachne, freya, hel, iza, medusa, rajin, scylla, terra, zhong are still A for me.

Kali is B for me (might be because of personal preference).

I feel like I didn't do too bad this time around, if we only have a few differences of opinion (and only 1 tier lower/higher difference for the most part).

He Bo: On my list, S+ just means your typical first picks and bans, and I feel that He Bo fits this description. I would put Nemesis above him as well, but am currently happy with him in S+.

Anhur: I feel he has been doing really well lately. His Enfeeble makes him pretty potent in the early and mid game.

Hou Yi: His ult has great team fight presence for a hunter, especially in crowded jungles. Doesn't suffer from a bad early game due to ricochets and a safe escape. I feel S is fine.

Sobek: Both Guardian and Solobek are pretty strong imo.

Serqet: Hmm, I'd put her more in line with that of Camazotz, and it seems to me that general consensus dictates that other bans be prioritized over her typically. She is very strong though, which is why I have her in S.

Thor: I feel he has been doing better lately. He has been having some decent success with the dank dunks. I'm buying into the hype of A tier. Also, did you see Thor support in the SPL xD (I think it was Rival?)

Izanami: I'd be willing to bend on this one. May be better suited in A tier.

Ao Kuang: Very strong in 1v1 situations, but in late game team fight situations, all he can really do is go for picks. If the enemy team is grouping together effectively, he becomes far less effective in fear of being hit by crowd control. Also, anti-heal can affect his performance I feel.

Arachne: She can pubstomp in lower ranks for sure, but similar to Ao Kuang, what does she bring to the table in terms of team fights? I could go for A tier I suppose but thought B better suited her.

Terra: I'm kind of waiting to see how she plays out in the new patch. I'd project her in at least A.

The others: It comes down to several small points, and to be honest, most of these could jump back between A and B. It's a delicate balance. Overall though, I think the list is in a better place than when I first made it.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 6, 2018 11:09am | Report
Great points and responses, DV-8. I like this topic from you.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » April 6, 2018 11:22am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Great points and responses, DV-8. I like this topic from you.

I appreciate that ^_^

I've learned a lot while doing this.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 6, 2018 11:43am | Report
You definitely have more knowledge on the matchups and states of the gods than I do...I really do need to do the ranked thing (and still need to get through qualifiers...queue with me?).
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DiabeticRage » April 6, 2018 11:55am | Report
Hey DV-8,

I really like the tier list and appreciate all the work you put into it. One god I am specifically interested in is Agni. I have seen him picked quite a few times in various game modes and people tend to perform very well with him. What do you think is keeping him from being an S+? (Not that I necessarily disagree with your ranking, just wondering what you think :) )

DiabeticRage

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }