Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DV-8's Smite Tier List

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DV-8's Smite Tier List 90 posts - page 6 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 20, 2018 12:03pm | Report
For 5.13, although Typhon's Fang's base power got nerfed by 20, the passive boost from total lifesteal got doubled...that's a significant buff for Anubis, I feel, as he'll pick Typhon's up late-game. So he'll actually see a higher base of power from it, with it ramping up much higher as he's damaged and utilizes Bancroft's Talon's lifesteal boost more.

Also, Rod of Asclepius got a nerf, and yes, they're trying to shift the meta away from healing. That said, Ah Puch doesn't pick up Asclepius, so that doesn't affect him at all. If you're saying instead that some Soloers would pick up Asclepius (I don't think you're saying this), the only one normally affected that would do so is, in my mind, Aphrodite.

And of course, as you mention, his early got better due to Undead Surge no longer requiring 3 levels to get the 2 corpses. This also means he can, if he prefers, start prioritizing Fleeting Breath before maxing Undead Surge. That's great for the potential of Spear of the Magus, and very strong against those self-healers.

Empty the Crypts will now also be a nice counter to the self-healing many Solo laners have, and should deal more damage due to more hits.

I don't know if that boosts him to A or whatnot, but
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » July 20, 2018 12:19pm | Report
Kumbhakarna S tier, eh? What changed your mind, Bran?

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 20, 2018 12:24pm | Report
No, lol, I just added taco to DV-8's list. That was the whole purpose.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 20, 2018 1:24pm | Report
What I meant was other solo laners would pick up Rod of Asclepius even if it’s just for fire giant buff. But the healers like Aphro, Chang’e etc will likely be less popular now so Ah Puch may have less relevance as a counter pick.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » July 30, 2018 3:02am | Report
Updated for 5.13.

It was a major patch, so I'm still unsure about some placements and how they will play out. Happy with the overall results, though.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » July 30, 2018 6:45am | Report
Wow, Cupid falling from A to B and now to C ;-;. Why and When Ne Zha become a S+?

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » July 30, 2018 11:52am | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

Wow, Cupid falling from A to B and now to C ;-;. Why and When Ne Zha become a S+?

Yeah, Cupid, as well as several other Hunters, feel very weak at the moment. They are in need of some kind of rework/buff.

Oops, Ne Zha is supposed to be in S, not S+. He got a very nice buff to his passive, and has better teamfight poke and kill secure than most Assassins.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » July 30, 2018 12:24pm | Report
DV-8 wrote:

Yeah, Cupid, as well as several other Hunters, feel very weak at the moment. They are in need of some kind of rework/buff.

Oops, Ne Zha is supposed to be in S, not S+. He got a very nice buff to his passive, and has better teamfight poke and kill secure than most Assassins.

Yep I do agree with Cupid, and I forgot the change in Ne Zha passive.
Another thing I'm felling weird about is Odin S tier. Last time I saw Odin was B or A but they didn't change him, so why he become S?

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » July 30, 2018 1:48pm | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

Another thing I'm felling weird about is Odin S tier. Last time I saw Odin was B or A but they didn't change him, so why he become S?

Odin is a very solid meta pick. He is usually drafted as a counter pick to specific compositions, especially healers.

His ult creates problems for several strong meta gods such as Zhong Kui, Baron Samedi, He Bo, Chang'e, Ra, Agni, and Sylvanus. It also confines gods without leaps, such as Thoth or Artemis.

While you do have the option to purchase Phantom Veil, a few things should be noted. For one thing, the cooldown on the relic is 150 seconds. Odin's ultimate Ring of Spears has a 75 second cooldown (as low as 45 seconds at 40% CDR). This means that even if you use Phantom Veil to get out of Ring of Spears, Odin can still potentially cast TWO MORE while the relic is on cooldown, depending on his CDR, which is typically maxed.

As you can see, his ultimate alone can be problematic for enemy teams, and this is before we've even taken into consideration the rest of his kit, which is fairly strong in itself. Among the Warrior class, perhaps only Achilles and Cu Chulainn are as strong as Odin in the current meta (in my opinion).

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » August 17, 2018 2:57am | Report
Updated as of Patch 5.14.

Not a whole lot of impact in this patch, 23 moves in total.

Changes 5.14

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }