Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 35 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 7, 2014 12:51am | Report
Well I was playing league for a bit today, my team mate was a Nemesis and pretty much wrecked and chased everyone around the map.

The person picked Nemesis because the other team picked Zhong Kui so they wanted to counter him, I assume they ment her ult would counter him since he is tanky as hell and Nemesis can shred him.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 10, 2014 10:10am | Report
I want to make her into a warrior/assassin hybrid, where an assassin build and a warrior build, or even one in between, are all equally viable. This will be reflected in the ideas.

Passive Idea #1: Damage Multiplier

Passive Idea #2: Damage Reflection

Passive Idea #Just4Fun

Either way, her passive is lackluster and needs a rework.

Dash Idea #1: Charge System

Dash Idea #2: Recast

Dash Idea A: Optional

These changes are just general improvements to her mobility, as well as making her kit a lot more flexible and free-flowing. Like it should.

Slice and Dice...it's not the worst skill in the world...barely. To be honest, very few skills are worse than it. Warrior's Will gives CDR. slither gives slow immunity and a good amount of speed. Eat Minion gives valuable sustain. tangled web gives a giant AoE ranged slow. I guess Searing Flesh or transgressors fate are worse.

Slice Idea #1: Damage Boost w/Cooldown Reduction

Slice Idea #2: Damage Boost w/CC

In both cases, you get a skill that doesn't deal completely garbage damage.

Retribution is so inefficient it needs a rework.

Shield Idea #1: Good Old...

Shield Idea #2: Shield Power!

In both cases, the reflection heal/damage is based on RAW damage. If the healing and damage reflect were based on mitigated damage, it would essentially be mitigated twice from your and the enemy's protections, making it deal pathetic damage. This way is much better.

As for Nem's ultimate, honestly, the protections steal makes zero sense. She's an assassin, she's supposed to target squishy folks, not the tanks.

There are so many components to the ultimate, I decided to simply make a list of the possible ideas to add in. Mix and match them at leisure.

Current Ones

I'd like to remove the protections buff, for reasons as stated above. The health and move speed can be tweaked.

Ideas

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 11, 2014 4:54am | Report
Moving on in a bit.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » September 11, 2014 12:36pm | Report
I think this thread has run out of steam. I mean the last god was just a bunch of people saying meh or this god shouldn't be here, and then suddenly a rework summary pops out of nowhere with changes that were never discussed or mulled over. This thread has turned into a rant at a brick wall.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » September 11, 2014 12:40pm | Report
HolyPudding wrote:

I think this thread has run out of steam. I mean the last god was just a bunch of people saying meh or this god shouldn't be here, and then suddenly a rework summary pops out of nowhere with changes that were never discussed or mulled over. This thread has turned into a rant at a brick wall.

I stopped commenting on it as well.
Jorden left and sub is just adding gods he thinks are op or up, which is not what was intended at all.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » September 11, 2014 1:38pm | Report
While the whole summary thing was a bit annoying to see pop up I'm glad he was so invested in this thread.

Also from now on when we do this kind of stuff I feel it would be best to make separate threads based on role to lower the clutter.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 11, 2014 9:36pm | Report
HolyPudding wrote:

Are you nuts? Everyone agreed that Guan was underpowered as hell. He was put up BEFORE they changed his Taolu Assault. The day the patch came, I moved on.

Are you even reading the thread? If you're wondering why Guan Yu seemed to have more rework ideas than other suggestions (suggestions that you didn't even bother to acknowledge, it seems), you'd see that people just gave vague little things like "I wish Conviction was stronger" or "Guan needs his old Taolu Assault back." I can't squeeze water out of a stone. Try naming one time in this thread where I did not post someone's idea in a summary.

I know jumping on the "hate sub" train is in fashion lately, but you might want to read the content of the thread you're posting in.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 11, 2014 9:43pm | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

I stopped commenting on it as well.
Jorden left and sub is just adding gods he thinks are op or up, which is not what was intended at all.

We know you stopped commenting because you're pissed at me for some unknown reason.

Also, Jordenito's list was made of gods that he thought were OP or UP. There should be no difference between that and me adding gods that I think are OP or UP.

You also seriously need to grow up and get over yourself. I'm tired of you snipping at me whenever possible. I know you don't care for me, and so you're insulting and harassing me, but for the love of god:

1. Harass me in a more rational manner
2. Stop going into irrelevant discussions to harass me.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 11, 2014 9:50pm | Report
Sasquatch180 wrote:

While the whole summary thing was a bit annoying to see pop up I'm glad he was so invested in this thread.
?

Sasquatch180 wrote:
Also from now on when we do this kind of stuff I feel it would be best to make separate threads based on role to lower the clutter.

That was already tried. It didn't work, and ended up as mass chaos of random suggestions that were never organized. There was too much chaos, too much moving over old ground, there was no progress.

Jord's method is slower. But at least it lets us move on.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » September 11, 2014 9:50pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

We know you stopped commenting because you're pissed at me for some unknown reason.

Also, Jordenito's list was made of gods that he thought were OP or UP. There should be no difference between that and me adding gods that I think are OP or UP.

You also seriously need to grow up and get over yourself. I'm tired of you snipping at me whenever possible. I know you don't care for me, and so you're insulting and harassing me, but for the love of god:

1. Harass me in a more rational manner
2. Stop going into irrelevant discussions to harass me.

Excuse me?
Was this offensive in any way?
No.
So stop acting like it.
Also, Jorden didn't make the list:
Discussion: The Promo

Like, seriously that's exactly what happened and I didn't like it. How did you want me to say it then...

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }