Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 32 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » September 2, 2014 7:32am | Report
I'm not seeing what giving his old kit has to do with nerfing all Warriors?

Anyway...

As others have said, give it scalings that'll increase the heal.

Personally I think a scaling slow would be nice on this, as 20% at all levels doesn't feel like much, especially when God's like Ao or Nemesis have better slows that also have better ranges.

And since his old ult is apparently broken even in these days (though I choose not to believe you through my nostalgia goggles) how about changing it a bit?

First hit would be pure damage, and have the "current"/old cone's size. Second hit would be a slow, with the cone being reduced in size and the actual hit being weaker than the first hit. Third would either be the Stun or Silence, with a smaller cone and slightly less damage than the second hit.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » September 2, 2014 7:35am | Report
Oooh his oooold kit, not just un-nerf him?
Whoops :3

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 2, 2014 12:15pm | Report
Range on his 2 needs to be longer to have better engage/disengage.
His heal feels weak to me sometimes, could be slightly more heal.
3 needs to steal protections again, or maybe steal protections to anybody that he uses 2 on.
Horsey is fine I guess

Or maybe add to his passive that anytime he heals a team mate his next ability has an added effect.

His 1 does more heal
His 2 Slows for more
His 3 will steal protections

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 2, 2014 8:31pm | Report
I had a bunch of ideas, so bear with me.

Firstly, one thing that absolutely has to happen is reverting Taolu Assault.

Taolu Assault now shreds 3/4/5/6/7 > 6/7/8/9/10 protections.

The old one was never really overpowered, or at least in terms of its buffing/debuffing. It didn't make Guan Yu invincible or anything, and the protections debuff was strong but not overpowered - it didn't negate entire items' worth of protections. The most problematic use was for Support Tank Guans, allowing ADCs to deal nearly true damage, and you paid for that by losing hard CC and peeling - a pretty worthy trade, if you ask me.

If anything, it dealt too much damage for support Guans, allowing them to deal a rather stupid amount of damage for a guy building zero power. For all ideas except Battle Tempo, it's damage should be reduced.

Taolu Assault deals 15/25/35/45/55 (+20% of AD) > 17/24/31/38/45 (+20% of AD) damage

Hopefully, the weakened base damage will weaken Tank Yus while keeping the strength of Bruiser Yu. But at the same time, the increased protections shred will still help the viability of Support Yu, but limit his ability to deal stupid amounts of damage without building any power.

Conviction also needs a slight change. However, these are more like nonspecific ideas, since Conviction is so closely tied to his passive.

How about:
- Painless stacks now go up to 10 stacks, boosting healing up to 1.5x? The base heal will be upped, of course.
- Conviction now heals based off of power, NOT armor. Otherwise, tank Yus will dominate.
- Conviction's buff now gives more armor, up to 30/40/50/60/70 for 2 seconds. And FYI, Soraka from LoL can give up to 110 armor + more with AP, for the same duration, albeit on a single target.
- Or remove the buff altogether, and make it a pure healing skill.
- Maybe make it increase power or attack speed, or even have it slow enemies in the radius and reduce their power or attack speed?
- These are all brainstorming ideas. But I would like a more interesting Conviction.

Lastly, Warrior's Will could use a little buff, maybe by reducing its cooldown to 10 seconds. No one uses it for mobility, anyway, so this is more of a small damage upgrade. I'd prefer that over making it, I dunno, able to crit people or making it suppress for 5 years. Maybe have it break free of slows?

This last idea is entirely optional, but I'd like to mention it.

Cavalry Charge: Guan Yu mounts his charger, gaining a 30% move speed bonus and immunity to slows, roots, and knockups. Clicking will cause Guan Yu to make a spinning slash attack (like the current Cavalry Charge) and dismount, dealing damage and stunning enemies hit. Hard CC will knock him off his horse, causing this ability to go on cooldown. Guan Yu can only mount while out-of-combat, and mounting takes 1.5 seconds.

Damage: 100/150/200/250/300 (+50% of your physical power)
Stun Duration: 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 seconds
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds.

To anyone who's played Heroes of the Storm, this will look familiar. This is basically a option that weakens Guan's initiation a bit, as well as his damage, in exchange for giving him massive mobility and more reliable hard CC.

This isn't really a necessary change, but I thought it was a cool idea.

Rework Idea #1

Rework #2

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » September 2, 2014 10:10pm | Report
But now with the dmg reduction he can't clear lanes at all.
He's a warrior so he should also be able to be played in the solo lane.
I like the Painless, Conviction and Warrior's Will changes though, Cavalry Charge is a bit unnecessary.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 3, 2014 12:24am | Report
Uh, which changes in particular? Like, there were a lot of them.

As for clearing lanes, we could give him an AoE swing chain, or simply make Taolu Assault deal 30% more damage to minions. Something like that.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » September 3, 2014 7:29am | Report
Oh oops, the changes you mentioned first I mean.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 4, 2014 1:38am | Report
Moving on in six hours.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SupaAPE » September 4, 2014 2:12am | Report
Guan yu is fine IMO.

he's stronger than people think

SupaAPE

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » September 4, 2014 2:40am | Report
SupaAPE wrote:

Guan yu is fine IMO.

he's stronger than people think

No.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }