Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 16 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 18, 2014 5:30am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Maybe he ends up behind the enemy (with his back to the enemy so he'll have to turn around)? If that's what you meant?

No, I mean, he can move right after he stuns, meaning he has a window of 1 second to deal damage. For the previous one, it was more like 0.5 seconds, on top of being forced to stand still for one second. With your rework, the target itself is under less CC, but Merc has a longer window to hit them.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 18, 2014 5:30am | Report
DucksRock wrote:

Maybe making his 3 less wide perhaps? Also, He really has got to slow down when he encounters minions in his 3.

That would just make him harder to play without fixing anything.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 18, 2014 5:47am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

No, I mean, he can move right after he stuns, meaning he has a window of 1 second to deal damage. For the previous one, it was more like 0.5 seconds, on top of being forced to stand still for one second. With your rework, the target itself is under less CC, but Merc has a longer window to hit them.

Well then we add a delay :P
Doesn't change the concept of the rework.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » August 18, 2014 6:03am | Report
Er... So we're giving him a stun and removing his UNIQUE THROW because a lot of assassin's have stuns? And then to think you guys cry about "waaa waa there's not enough uniqueness among gods of the same role waa waa"
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 18, 2014 6:15am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Er... So we're giving him a stun and removing his UNIQUE THROW because a lot of assassin's have stuns? And then to think you guys cry about "waaa waa there's not enough uniqueness among gods of the same role waa waa"

Yeah, but other people cry that he's too op. So instead of criticising our suggestions how about you make one yourself?

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » August 18, 2014 6:44am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

I'm fine with him keeping his unique throw so long as it has more limitations, such as not dashing through minions (why should Charge Prey get this limitation but not Special Delivery?)

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » August 18, 2014 6:48am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Yeah, but other people cry that he's too op. So instead of criticising our suggestions how about you make one yourself?

People cry that Mercury... MERCURY.. is OP? In what world? Mercury is a mediocre, at best, assassin. His close range damage is garbage compared to most assassins, however he does have good chase. He is extremely easy to shut down, his 1 is easily dodged, his 3 is predictable and so is his ult. His steroid is strong, but that's pretty much all he has.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » August 18, 2014 6:54am | Report
His 1 is easily dodged at lower ranks, but at rank 4/5 its so big that you'd have to have the worst aim in the world to miss.

His 3 when it lands pretty much guarantees him two free hits.

His close range damage is great, no clue what you're talking about. And with his steroid he can easily burst down Gods. Hell I've seen and bursted down tanks with just AAs and the steroid alone.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 18, 2014 7:07am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

His close range damage is garbage compared to most assassins.

Disregarded.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 18, 2014 7:07am | Report
Sasquatch180 wrote:

His 1 is easily dodged at lower ranks, but at rank 4/5 its so big that you'd have to have the worst aim in the world to miss.

His 3 when it lands pretty much guarantees him two free hits.

His close range damage is great, no clue what you're talking about. And with his steroid he can easily burst down Gods. Hell I've seen and bursted down tanks with just AAs and the steroid alone.

Pretty much exactly my reaction to his post.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }