Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 39 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » September 15, 2014 5:11pm | Report
A good thing to note is Ne Zha's abilities aren't affected by that new item; Celestial Legion Helm.

(correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was tested and posted on Reddit)

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » September 15, 2014 6:18pm | Report
It does is indeed not affected by his ult, which is ******** since Deathbringer affects his ult.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 17, 2014 2:27am | Report
His ultimate also doesn't seem to proc Malice, either. (Wow, so Malice truly is a worthless item)

After playing him for a bit, I agree that his base kit is weak unless you consistently get lucky. He underperforms if unlucky even if you get fed (outside your ultimate), and he overperforms if lucky even when shut down. Like, seriously, the average build of 35% total crit chance on top of his stupid swing chain do NOT help...

Okay, so problems are too much damage and too much inconsistency. but the numbers are hard to pin down because they are so inconsistent. So I have two sets of suggestions:

1. Make his kit more consistent.
- Remove the swing chain, because getting a god crit on the x2 one is nice when it happens but getting a crit on his x0.75 swing and nowhere else is also ******ed.
- Remove the 15% crit chance from his steroid. Because this ability is literally praying to RNGjesus every time you use it.
- Remove the crit proc from his Armillary Sash. You can compensate in other ways and I don't want to show the random number god into literally every ability he has.
- Make Universe Ring Toss a back-and-forth linear skillshot, like Umbrellarang. Less RNG, the better, and it can still clear camps and **** perfectly fine - in fact, it should make it easier to clear camps.

2. Reduce his ult's damage and compensate otherwise.
- Reduce his ult's damage, somehow. Because again, oneshot supress ultimates are bad.
- If URT is getting reworked into a frisbee attack, then that skill will get some buffed damage to compensate.
- Also increase damage of his bandage, both for compensating for crits and for his ult.
- His steroid needs a rework without its crit chance.

tl;dr: Remove all crit chance and crit procs from his abilities, maybe except his ultimate, which gets a damage reduction in some way. Up the damage on Universe Ring Toss and Armillary Sash, and change his steroid, to buff his basic kit.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » December 18, 2014 3:34pm | Report
Please n, his kit works great, honestly its all about how you build him... Obviously if you build jet db his kit is less effective but if you throw in malice as well he benifits from the increased power and the 55% crit chance with his flame spear is just right, enough crits without sacrificing the importance of other items.
His ring toss is also perfect, you can easily scoop up a kill or even a double early and mid game if you use it at the right time when ganking the duo lane. It also is one of the best items for stealing the mid camps out from under the enemies nose. If that wasn't enough if the jungler is low while trying to clear the mid camp it is often a effortless kill if you time the ring toss right, I just feel that timing is the key to making the rng work in your favor... Besides even without crits most of his kit still works really well. That and because he crits so hard late game because of his swing chain you can instagib a lot of squishes lategame... Like 1975 damage on a basic attack with the dot from malice is guaranteed death on almost any squishy.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }