Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Promo

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Promo 70 posts - page 1 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 12, 2014 1:27pm | Report
It's been quite a while since we had this sort of "let's make patch notes" are serious balancing discussions.

What I want us, the community to do, is to discuss each other's suggestions regarding the balance of certain gods and how we can refine them to make them both fair and fun.

But, I don't want us to discuss things like "Reduce Ao Kuang's ultimate's base damage by 50 per rank", or "reduce Bacchus' Chug mana cost by 25". These aren't as important as many other things, and do not require creativity from us. Hi Rez can figure out things like that themselves.

I want us to discuss major issues that make gods nonviable, or gods that have useless skills or flops in their kit that don't fit.

I will personally write a letter for Hi Rez Kelly after we finish discussing each god or a couple of them. Of course I will share my drafts with you to refine the letter before sending it.\

This thread is to know which gods the community wants to balance. I'll give you my list, and I'd like to see you comment your list. Then with the real thread, I will make a permanent list and we will start balancing from A-Z.

Here's my list of the most so called "urgent" ones. Note that this is according to the Serqet patch, so gods like ***bahkarna, who got nerfed in the right way, aren't included.
Anubis, Apollo, Arachne, Ares, Chronos, Cupid, Guan Yu, Hades, Ne Zha, Nu Wa, Osiris, Rama, Xbalanque.

My "not so urgent" list consists mainly of Zeus, Vulcan, Mercury and Kali.

I wanna hear your opinions, your lists, and if you are willing to participate.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 12, 2014 1:43pm | Report
I'm definitely willing to participate, are we going to do one god at a time like the previous threads?

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 12, 2014 1:59pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

I'm definitely willing to participate, are we going to do one god at a time like the previous threads?

Yeah. I'll wait for people to write their lists (You can write gods that I didn't write), then summarize the lists to see which gods repeat themselves and therefore the community thinks should be balanced. Then I'll write the list in the new, actual thread and we'll do them on by one.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 12, 2014 6:55pm | Report
Mah list.

Every ultimate in the game: Toned way down, and given increased cooldowns. And I mean literally EVERY ultimate, perhaps with the exception of Nu Wa and Chronos.

Beads/Aegis: Given increased cooldowns.

The above two are because I'm sick of the "beads or die" mentality in the game. Also, being forced to buy rank 3 beads and/or aegis from level 5+ is stupid, and it just increases the snowballing problems that this game has.

Every Mobility Skill from path of flame to hives: Reduced in some capacity, whether from CD, dash length, or movement speed intensity or duration.

Every "skillshot": Damage OR range OR speed reduced, or something that makes it easier to avoid.

For a game that's supposedly about skillshots, there is a lot of "juking" in the game that's merely spamming your escape skill. Screw that, get your jukes on.

Healing: Reduced. Healing 30% of your own health and own health only should be considered the maximum, with some exceptions. Healing 30% of the health of the entire group is just ridiculous. More single target heals and less insane AoE heals. This also applies to healing reduction; the items should be adjusted accordingly.

This is reducing the insane impact of healers as a whole. And partly because there's less of a need for such massive healing when enemies can't oneshot your team (basically in line with the above changes).

Guardian CC: Needs to be changed from the "massive CC but long CD" to "average CC with average CD." This is continuing the end of the "beads or die" mentality.

Now, for any issue that does not include the above:

Anubis: I donwanna change him; he's literally the perfect duo mid mage right now.

Ao Kuang: Tornadoes damage decreased, because holy **** one APC shouldn't be able to zone out the enemy ADC and assassin single-noodledly.

Arachne: Reworked. I honestly don't want her to have a gap closer, because I'm sick of power creep as it. Having move speed on her web should be good enough tho.

Ares: His flames deal increased damage and he needs some decent peel.

Artemis: Wards given back, poke damage reduced in base but increased in scaling. She's a hyper carry, dammit, she should have a skill with decent scalings.

Bacchus: Since skillshots will be made harder, his ult also needs to be toned down.

Bakasura: Less free stats.

Bastet: Cats need to be somewhat less worthless late game and less insanely overpowered early game.

Cupid: Heart Bomb pierces minions. Maybe have his stun duration increased from 1.1-1.5 secs as he levels.

Fenrir: Needs built-in tankiness and slightly less damage.

Freya: Banish's CD increased, can be cast on self.

Hades: Removed from the game.

He Bo: His water spout no longer slows, and has a delay.

Hel: Damage reduced along with healing. Stop whining, she'll still have the AoE cleanse; that alone will keep her up in viability.

Hercules: Needs to be less unkillable, reduce knockback distance on Driving Strike.

Hun Batz: See top section.

Isis: Less ******ed amounts of CC and damage, and give her a passive worth a damn.

Janus: Damage reduced.

Kali: Passive reworked to not make her utterly invincible at the whim of the RNG.

Loki: Burst damage reduced; with reduction of AoE radii he no longer needs damage reduction on stealth, either.

Mercury: Passive reworked to deal bonus instead of innate damage. Made You Look no longer crits.

Ne Zha: Rings stuck at four bounces.

Neith: Root duration reduced, other CC/debuffs nerfed slightly.

Nemesis: Slice and Dice given it's old 7 second cooldown, slow intensity reduced. Shield reverted to old form.

Nu Wa: Won't be too ****ty now.

Odin: Damage reduced slightly.

Osiris: Damage and slow reduced significantly. Passive reworked.

Poseidon: Mobility on passive kept; damage increase removed.

Rama: Slow reduced. FFS, the slow reduced.

Sobek: Pull distance reduced.

Thanatos: Damage reduced, silence reduced, stun removed, passive healing reduced. Damage increased (in some areas).

Thor: AoE damage kept; damage reduced, stun reduced.

Tyr: Dunno.

Ullr: Kit reworked so that his axe form is actually useful, stun reduced.

Vulcan: Meatball damage and CC reduced, BAckfire CD increased.

Xbal: Won't be awful with these changes.

Ymir: Slow reduced.

Zeus: Damage reduced on every ability to some extent, Detonate Charge now has an AoE damage spread.

ZK: Protections reduced and icnreased to scale with level.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SherriffTurtle » July 13, 2014 12:06am | Report
Arachne: BUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Everyone else: eh, arachne needs buff.
^my mentality^
Seriously, I love arachne, but she's not worth playing right now.
GIVE THE BUGGIE SOME LOVIE
Favorite Roles: Jungle, Mid
Favorite Gods: Sun Wukong, Loki, Thanatos, Ares
Never give up, because you move like a jaguar.

SherriffTurtle

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 13, 2014 2:46am | Report
My list
    OCE support
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 13, 2014 3:05am | Report
I get what you're saying Sub, and I agree with you for the most part, but these changes are unrealistic in the sense that I actually plan on sending a letter to Kelly, and I don't think that they'll be willing to even glimpse at a letter that demands to change the entire game, or make such a drastic overhaul.

I would like to get a list of you all people who want to participate, so I could really make a summary of which gods the community wants to fix. The ideal way is that you guys write two lists - one for urgent gods, and one for non-urgents, so that once we finish all of the gods that need the balancing the most, then we'll move on to those who'd use a slight buff/nerf/fix.

If the list thing doesn't really work, I'll just put my list of gods, or at least, its core.

My Guides

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » July 13, 2014 4:12am | Report
I'm up for participating.

As for my list, I'll make that up when I wake up tomorrow/today.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » July 13, 2014 4:14am | Report
I will join you on this epic journey.

Arachne Needs a Buff.

She should be the first done.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 13, 2014 4:34am | Report
Oh wait I'll just make my own quick list (and delete the other one) so all the gods are basically the same:
Ah Muzen Cab: Tiny buff
Anubis: Tiny buff
Arachne: Huge buff or complete rework
Ares: Tiny buff/Change of class or skills
Chronos: Slight buff
Cupid: Slight buff
Guan Yu: Slight buff
Hades: Tiny buff
He Bo: Maybe a tiny nerf
Hercules Tiny nerf
Kali: Slight buff
Ne Zha: Tiny buff/New passive
Nu Wa: Slight buff/Change of skills
Odin: Slight buff
Osiris: Slight nerf
Scylla: Tiny nerf
Sobek: Tiny buff/New passive
Sun Wukong: Tiny buff
Tyr: Tiny buff
Vulcan: Tiny buff
Xbalanque: Slight buff
Zeus: Tiny buff

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }