Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 38 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 15, 2014 3:17am | Report
Let's get back on the road. Ne Zha is next.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 15, 2014 3:35am | Report
I'll start with some quick facts.

Ne Zha has the highest base damage on any basic ability in the game.

Armillary Sash can hit for 140 +200% of PP at rank one.

Ne Zha's ultimate is a four-second suppress with a 90 second cooldown attached to the second-strongest physical nuke in the game WHILE you become untargetable. You cannot do anything once you are in the air, and are utterly helpless against, I repeat, one of the best physical nukes in the game.

Ne Zha's ultimate deals 300 base damage + 230% of your PP at rank one. Beating every assassin in terms of nukes.

The only god to beat Ne Zha in nukes is Anhur's ultimate, and that requires hitting with all 8 spears.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » September 15, 2014 4:19am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I'll start with some quick facts.

Ne Zha has the highest base damage on any basic ability in the game.

Armillary Sash can hit for 140 +200% of PP at rank one.

Ne Zha's ultimate is a four-second suppress with a 90 second cooldown attached to the second-strongest physical nuke in the game. You cannot do anything once you are in the air, and are utterly helpless against, I repeat, one of the best physical nukes in the game.

Ne Zha's ultimate deals 300 base damage + 230% of your PP at rank one. Beating every assassin in terms of nukes.

The only god to beat Ne Zha in nukes is Anhur's ultimate, and that requires hitting with all 8 spears.

Sooo, tl;dr : Reduce the damage on his skills?

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 15, 2014 4:46am | Report
Ne Zha is in a weak position with strong skills, oddly. His ultimate should never be able to one shot someone yet more often than not it does.

I don't know why, because I always do well on ne zha, but something about him makes him feel weak when he isn't oneshotting someone in his ult. (Inb4 duh of course he's weak without ult, but no I'm serious something feels...off.)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 15, 2014 7:41am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Ne Zha is in a weak position with strong skills, oddly. His ultimate should never be able to one shot someone yet more often than not it does.

I don't know why, because I always do well on ne zha, but something about him makes him feel weak when he isn't oneshotting someone in his ult. (Inb4 duh of course he's weak without ult, but no I'm serious something feels...off.)

I think it's due to his inconsistency. Like, having his 3 depend on crit chance, his basics depend on crit chance, getting only Deathbringer on most builds, giving you only 35% crit chance, having a luck-based one...

Basically, his ENTIRE KIT depends on the RNG most of the time. Of course, excluding his ultimate and some specific situations with his one.

And yes, his ultimate is ridiculous. I forgot to mention it also makes him untargetable.

So in other words, we have something like an Anubis ultimate, dealing similarly ridiculous damage, except that Ne Zha makes himself untargetable, suppresses a target, and it also happens to function as an escape.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 15, 2014 7:42am | Report
FerrumSlash wrote:

Sooo, tl;dr : Reduce the damage on his skills?

Yes. And hopefully give him some consistency. No one should be able to literally oneshot people.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » September 15, 2014 8:18am | Report
Personally I feel Deathbringer should not interact with his ult, and possibly remove the crit on timed strikes and replace it with double damage or something on a correctly timed press.

That way you'll still be dealing significant damage but no potential one shots.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » September 15, 2014 8:20am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Yes. And hopefully give him some consistency. No one should be able to literally oneshot people.

Huehuehue... wait until you see odin's midgame burst.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » September 15, 2014 11:13am | Report
Just to clarify, I do not support oneshotting in any game. Having recently played xenoblade, I am quite educated on the matter...
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 15, 2014 1:05pm | Report
Sasquatch180 wrote:

Personally I feel Deathbringer should not interact with his ult, and possibly remove the crit on timed strikes and replace it with double damage or something on a correctly timed press.

That way you'll still be dealing significant damage but no potential one shots.

I think reducing the damage is a good idea, but I still think its unfair how this ultimate still beats every other ultimate even without Deathbringer.

I think it needs a massive damage reduction. The thing is, it's still a massive CC ability. Ult an enemy carry, and you take them out of the fight for four seconds, easily enough for your team to win that fight. It's a CC you can't beads out of, and you can't say Ne Zha isn't doing anything while supressing, since he's dealing damage.

Let me put it this way: What if Freya could banish enemies and still deal damage to them while they are banished? Because NZ's ult is like that. That's a good way to visualize it: Basically a Banish that deals damage and is a ranged skillshot. (Seriously, they're both freskishly similar, can't be beads'd out of, etc)

It does have the potential to be balanced - but right now, when it's tied to one of the strongest nukes in the game even WITHOUT Deathbringer, it's not.

Raventhor is sort of right. Like, the rest of his kit is somewhat lacking, and definitely inconsistent - for example, if Armillary Sash critted all the time, it, too, would be massively overpowered.

So I think that's where we should be going - toning down his ultimate and upping the rest of his kit, plus consistency.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }