Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 33 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 4, 2014 6:49am | Report
SupaAPE wrote:

Guan yu is fine IMO.

he's stronger than people think

Then explain why he still is stronger as people think because in solo the moment he is lined up against someone with hard cc (e.g. Anubis or Chronos) he get's stunned and can't clear the wave that effective anymore.

and if he doesn't clear the wave he will get out pushed if he does clear the wave he lost his poke.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » September 4, 2014 6:50am | Report
SupaAPE wrote:

Guan yu is fine IMO.

he's stronger than people think

Lol

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 4, 2014 2:45pm | Report
I was playing Guan Yu in solo lane yesterday against vamana and vamana was marking me after like level 3....

Also somehow this vamana I was playing against was doing some type of lag skip movement....
I'm not sure how he was doing it but somehow he was like semi-teleporting left and right as if he is the only god in the match lagging....

When I say Vamana Merked me, I mean that he stopped me from clearing waves because he clears them before me and beats my *** to force me to hide under tower.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 5, 2014 11:05am | Report
ICEN wrote:

I was playing Guan Yu in solo lane yesterday against vamana and vamana was marking me after like level 3....

Also somehow this vamana I was playing against was doing some type of lag skip movement....
I'm not sure how he was doing it but somehow he was like semi-teleporting left and right as if he is the only god in the match lagging....

When I say Vamana Merked me, I mean that he stopped me from clearing waves because he clears them before me and beats my *** to force me to hide under tower.

that's lagg you can still hitt him before the little teleporting happens

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » September 5, 2014 2:15pm | Report
As of 9/9/14 guan has his protection steal back.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » September 5, 2014 2:18pm | Report
HolyPudding wrote:

As of 9/9/14 guan has his protection steal back.

Indeed. But removed protections from Conviction.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 5, 2014 3:39pm | Report
Guan Yu Summary

Guan Yu is currently one of the worst warriors in the game. How, you may ask. Guan had a minor niche in supporting and initiation, but his real strength was his ability to inflict a devastating debuff, on top of buffing his own protections significantly. His burst damage, sustained damage, healing, and CC are all below-average, so when HiRez nerfed his most important skill, Guan Yu quickly became a low-tier god, outclassed in all of his roles and abilities.

He needs a significant buff to return to his former (non-release day) glory.

Problems

Where to start?

Painless is merely an extension of his one, Conviction, meaning he has no true passive. Giving him one will be an important step to buffing him, although not completely unnecessary.

Conviction suffers from falling off quickly due to the lack of contributions, as well as the pointless armor buff that barely makes a difference. This skill only becomes useful when spammed over and over and over again, allowing him to have some kind of healing. It needs to be changed to be more meaningful, whether by changing the buff or the healing.

Warrior's Will is lackluster in all respects, from the damage to the CC to the little mobility it gives. Currently, it's merely a tool to reduce your cooldowns and avoid the occasional dodegable skillshot. That isn't...bad, per se. After all, not every skill has to be stupendously amazing. That said, this skill could use a change. I'm just not sure what.

Taolu Assault is lackluster in all respects. The protections shredded are merely 21, the lack of bonus protections means that Guan is incredibly vulnerable while channeling, the damage is lacking, and certainly not worth sitting there for 3 seconds. This, above all his other skills, needs a serious buff.

Cavalry Charge is Guan's single, genuinely good ability. There are no problems with this ultimate.

Now, finally, one thing that I must emphasize is how boring Guan Yu's playstyle is. Aside from his ultimate, Guan's playstyle, like all Smite gods, can be summarized as "blindly spam skills as soon as they come off cooldown." There is little interactivity or dynamics, just rapid-firing your healing, your dash, and your Taolu Assault to decrease their cooldowns, to repeat over and over again. This needs a change, but I doubt HiRez cares.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Guan Yu is currently good at initiation.

Guan Yu is average at team support. He has his buffs and debuffs and healing, but they are nothing compared to the **** ton of CC that other bruisers offer.

Guan Yu WAS good at team support, with a very useful debuff that also helped him do his secondary jobs of healing and doing damage by giving him more protections. He also also very good at countering other bruisers by reducing the protections they built, while capitalizing on their lack of notable penetration.

Guan Yu is terrible at CC, damage, and compared to other bruisers with tankiness, healing and survivability and sustain. His mobility is also not that great. He also lacks burst damage, and even his sustained damage is weak.

Solutions

Painless: See reworks.

Conviction: Also see reworks.
- Give it contributions.
- Maybe weaken the heal and give it a buff that isn't useless.

Warrior's Will: Give it scaling CC, or a lower cooldown. Maybe have it break free of slows and roots, etc. Or increase dash range. Just make it stand out a bit, basically, other than as the worst dash in the game.

Taolu Assault: Revert it to the old stealing-protections-thing. Maybe decrease damage and contributions, but keep its damage on minions.

At Minimum

He needs his old Taolu Assault back.

Passive Rework Ideas

Rework Idea #1

Rework Idea #2

Other Rework Ideas

Cavalry Charge: Guan Yu mounts his charger, gaining a 30% move speed bonus and immunity to slows, roots, and knockups. Clicking will cause Guan Yu to make a spinning slash attack (like the current Cavalry Charge) and dismount, dealing damage and stunning enemies hit. Hard CC will knock him off his horse, causing this ability to go on cooldown. Guan Yu can only mount while out-of-combat, and mounting takes 1.5 seconds.

Damage: 100/150/200/250/300 (+50% of your physical power)
Stun Duration: 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 seconds
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds.

Note

Guan got a significant buff to his Taolu Assault, essentially reverting it to its old state, with the 30 stolen protections. Time will tell if these changes were enough.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 6, 2014 6:38am | Report
Next god: Nemesis.

Nemesis

Nemesis is a laughable assassin. She is below-average in nearly every respect, from CC, to burst damage, to area damage, to sustained damage, to sustain, to jungle clear, to jungle control, to EVERYTHING except for teamfight utility. And that is just her ultimate, and nothing else.

She has also suffered through a reduction in base stats when she was reclassified as an assassin from a warrior from an assassin, and her shield changed from an one-second-reflect-everything barrier to a actual HP-based shield.

Nemesis, right now, has an odd kit. She used to be based on her abilities, but then when they were nerfed, she focused on her basic attacks by necessity. Now, with both nerfed, she focuses on nothing, but with a lot of untapped potential as both a warrior and an assassin, as both an autoattacker or an ability-based god.

Problems

Scales of Fate, while sounding cool in theory, is actually pretty terrible, especially in it's current 9% state. You get to remove about 18 physical power, at most. Hooray. And you get about 18 physical power. Woohoo. It might as well not be a passive.

Swift Vengeance, as a dash, is great. In all other respects, such as cooldown or damage or any extra effects, it sucks diseased moose wang.

Slice and Dice is a laughable version of Gungnir's Might. It slows for a good amount, but the damage is laughable, the clear speed you get from it is laughable, and it is just so, so bad. It starts to fall off in damage from level 11, FFS.

Retribution is an interesting, and honestly not at all bad skill...in theory. In execution, it sucks, with 500 health become amazingly quickly insignificant and the reflect amount is paltry. This skill depends heavily on what kind of Nemesis you want her to be.

Divine Judgement is another odd skill. It's a good skill...but very, very countered by Improved Sprint, and it lacks counterplay. The most overpowered thing about it is the protections debuff, making you pretty much completely vulnerable no matter who you are playing.

On a general note, Nemesis has the worst scalings AND base damage of ANY god in the game. Hardcore tanks have better contributions than her, and even Artemis has better base damage. I repeat: ARTEMIS, a hyper carry with some of the worst base damage in the game, has better base damage than Nemesis.

Strengths and Weaknesses

What Nemesis is Good At: Being very, very fast. Also has the best debuff in the game. Self-explanatory.

What Nemesis is Okay At: CC, survivability, relatively speaking. She has a good slow, her debuff is also a massive slow, and having some extra health gives you good survivability for an assassin.

What Nemesis is Bad At: Damage, in any form. She just lacks damage, plain and simple. She needs her debuff to do any kind of damage, and even then, anyone else in the vicinity can outdamage her, excluding tanks.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » September 6, 2014 6:47am | Report
Here is just my input:

Right now Nemesis is more of a teamfight assassin rather than a 1v1 assassin.

Scales of Fate temporarily lowers the damage output of enemy gods.

Swift Vengeance, although not good for damage, allows her to be extremely mobile and move in and out of teamfights quickly.

Slice and Dice is a massive ****ing slow that only blind people could miss, another great tool in teamfights.

Retribution, when timed correctly, can cause enemy gods to deal large portions of damage to themselves, although I think the shield health needs to be removed: It should last for a full one second or breaks on hard cc.

Divine Judgement is insane, and pretty much makes the enemy god as squishy as a mage. Your team will wreck anyone debuffed through this.

So before you start the rework, I think Nemesis should still stay a teamfight, debuffer "support" assassin.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » September 6, 2014 6:49am | Report
She doesn't lack damage imo, just build AS and Crit I guess.
Maybe nerf the slow a bit?
I kinda think she's fine, although her passive is kinda weak...

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }