Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 353 posts - page 3 of 36
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 1, 2015 7:11pm | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

I think you're forgetting that this is HiRez -_- they like having broken gods in the game. That's why SS exists: it's the S+ you're talking about, while S+ are the gods who are crazy broken but HiRez is going to leave just the way they are. Think Apollo, Serqet, Sylvanus from last season. Release Bellona was SS.

Gods like Anubis and Zeus aren't in B-. They're in the Pokemon equivalent of PU, or F-. No one uses them because others can do the exact same thing.

All Anubis can do, literally all he can do, is blow people up and have an AoE slow. Other gods do the exact same thing with better CC, better mobility, more range, etc etc etc.

Entei doesn't have Outrage or Close Combat like Arcanine does, nor does he have Intimidate, despite seeming to do everything Arcanine can do, but better. So Arcanine has a niche.

If Anubis could shred tanks, he'd have a niche. But he has literally nothing to offer over other blowupgods, so he doesn't have a niche; he's useless.

Smite is such an unbalanced wreck -_-

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 1, 2015 7:13pm | Report
Also, Smite has NOWHERE NEAR the depth or the amount of playable characters as Pokemon does. I advise removing all of the + and - tiers and just making it letters.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 1, 2015 8:40pm | Report
I'm only going to talk about two gods first, I will then just reply to other peoples stuff because I don't want to list all of only what I think, but I will just tell you the two gods I think should be higher and give reasons why.

I would put Hun Batz in S tier.

I think he he has little flaws and nothing but positives.

Why I think he has no flaws

- Escape, it also has a 50% slow, so like other junglers he has an escape but it slows people as well
- He has built in crit to his passive, which allows him to possibly do more damage early and with early crit he gets his crit online quicker
- His monkey throw is decent but the teleport is like having a ****py version of thors hammer throw
- His over hand smash does massive damage and can clear a wave once ranked up to around level 3
- His ult is probably the best team ult in the game, fearing everyone inside.

The reason I think Hun Batz is S tier is because he has no downsides that I can think of, he has everything and his kit in combination is over the top if you think about it. He forces entire teams to buy beads or lose, early game that is 300 Gold they have to spend or die to him when caught.

Look how secret OP his kit is
- He uses his ult which activates his passive crit
- He auto attacks you and you may get crit
- He uses another ability like over hand smash which does alot of damage while your still in his ult
- He does another auto attack and with his passive you may get crit again
- If you manage to use an escape, he has a jump that slows you by 50% making his next auto easy
- Because he jumped on you, his passive is back up and he may crit you again
- His other cooldowns are back
- His passive keeps resetting.

Thats why I think Hun Batz is S tier, I can't think of no downsides

Cabrakan may be able to be like A- tier, I think Cab is like between A- or B+ tier, I am leaning more towards A-. I think people are only started to figure out how strong Cab actually is, he does sort of need a good team comp, but at the same time he can play Solo and Jungle, rarely support.

Reason why Cab should be A- or B+ tier.

(By the way I just played against, Hades, Nemesis, ect in conquest and when I used Cab I was superior not because of skill but because Cab is actually good enough to beat someone like Hades, ect)

Here is my reasoning on Cab.

- He has burst damage/base damage
- He is super tanky because of his passive on refraction shield
- he can play jungle, solo and rarely support if someone wanted to
- he is semi-mobile with his 1, his 1 suffers no movement speed lost when autoing until you hit
- he has large CC, especially if someone picks up gem
- His ult destorys gods with no leaps

Unlike Hun Batz Cab does have some downsides but his downsides are more countered by his own kit which make his downsides not that bad compared to other gods who have the same downsides.

His down sides
- He has no dash or jump
- he has to get somewhat close to do his main damage abilities

But his kit sort of deals with his weakness, he is super tanky and most likely will not be taken down without help, he has two stuns in case people are on top of him, he has a decent escape if being chased. His taniness, CC stuns and decent speed increase sort of helps with his weakness.

Although he still has those two things as a weakness, he still has super high burst while being tanky and providing huge CC.

Because of this I think Cab is easily A- or B+, he has a few weaknesses to make him not S tier or A+ but A- or B+ seems right to me.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 2, 2015 8:17am | Report
There are plenty of gods who have no downsides. Thor, Serqet, Nemesis, and I'm just talking junglers. A god having no downsides doesn't make them S, otherwise every hunter except Ah Muzen Cab and maybe Hou Yi would be S. Also, maximizing Hun Batz's damage is difficult (meaning only experienced players can do it), so often the Overhand Smash into Sacred Monkey will be all the combo damage they get. I would keep Hun Batz where he is: he's balanced and on par with everyone else in his role.

Cabrakan has other weaknesses. Every ability has CC, which is BAD. Diminishing returns, buddy. Your team won't be able to CC anyone you hit for as long as they would otherwise. The ult is good, sure, but Cabrakan doesn't do anything late game apart from throw out a stun and a wall. I think B is fair for Cabrakan. (Also let's not base conclusions off one game, ok? Stuff needs to be tested.)

@sub, Zeus is B or C because of his versatility (he can be a mediocre mid laner or a mediocre ADC). Anubis and Nox should be F.

Are we rating Ah Puch now that the Ratatoskr patch has dropped?
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 2, 2015 9:16am | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

There are plenty of gods who have no downsides. Thor, Serqet, Nemesis, and I'm just talking junglers. A god having no downsides doesn't make them S, otherwise every hunter except Ah Muzen Cab and maybe Hou Yi would be S. Also, maximizing Hun Batz's damage is difficult (meaning only experienced players can do it), so often the Overhand Smash into Sacred Monkey will be all the combo damage they get. I would keep Hun Batz where he is: he's balanced and on par with everyone else in his role.

Cabrakan has other weaknesses. Every ability has CC, which is BAD. Diminishing returns, buddy. Your team won't be able to CC anyone you hit for as long as they would otherwise. The ult is good, sure, but Cabrakan doesn't do anything late game apart from throw out a stun and a wall. I think B is fair for Cabrakan. (Also let's not base conclusions off one game, ok? Stuff needs to be tested.)

@sub, Zeus is B or C because of his versatility (he can be a mediocre mid laner or a mediocre ADC). Anubis and Nox should be F.

Are we rating Ah Puch now that the Ratatoskr patch has dropped?
Hou Yi has weakness, his clear is worst than other hunters and he can be frozen out of his 3 (unless they fixed that).

Having CC is not bad just because its on every ability

IF Anubis had CC on every single one of his abilities would that be bad? No that would be broken and Over powered as hell having extremely high damage and on top of it CC on every ability.

Diminishing returns is like non-existent when I play gods, it exist but its not like it really matters when you die majority of the time from any hard CC that you don't beads out of. I don't care how high of diminishing returns there is, if you get Hit by Two Cab stuns, A ymir Stun then Anubis CC your not going to live.

If you live through just those CC's alone than the other team must be just watching you while your CC'd and not even attacking you, other wise you would get melted within 1-3 seconds max unless your a tanky god or beads out.

Also how is Hun Batz hard? He is easy mode, I played with some random guy yesterday who kept using Hun Batz and was going 10+ kills with no deaths in almost every match we played, you could simply say "because he is good with Hun Batz", but even if you are decent Hun Batz should easily crush the other team.

How is Hun Batz's damage exactly hard to get? If anything its very easy to get being that his ult makes people feared and you can just smack them for free in their face for tons of damage and easy crit.

I don't see how serqet can be in S tier but Hun Batz can't be in S Tier when Hun Batz is better. If Hun Batz is in A tier than Serqet should not be in S with Thor.

I'll fight a Serqet anyday over a Hun Batz

I guess everything is opinon

But I don't see how Serqet is S when Hun Batz is the main ULT ***** who can get your entire team destroy.

How can Serqet be in S when all she is is single target annoying, but Hun Batz is entire Team AOE and almost as mobile

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 2, 2015 9:30am | Report
Hou Yi can full clear because he can bounce Ricochet through the melee minions into the archers, and he can only be CC'd out during the first few frames of Divebomb, I'm fairly sure, just like Rising Jaguar.

Serqet isn't just annoying single target, she can burst someone down 100-0 with ease, her Deathbane can crit and benefits from Deathbringer, she is arguably one of the most mobile junglers behind Serqet, she has a taunt and a teamfight-affecting ultimate. Hun Batz is a walking Fear No Evil who needs to commit to get a kill. Also, Serqet has basically the same passive; if she auto-attack-cancels every ability, she deals relatively the same damage without relying on RNG for critical strikes. Catalyst. Hun Batz is good, but not better than Serqet and Thor.

Note: some junglers just can't play Serqet; she has a very unique and difficult playstyle. Watch Dagarz's Serqet in the Spring Finals if you want to see how amazing she is.

Also, please stop basing your conclusions off of games you've played. One person cannot prove a meta based on their personal experiences; this game is too complex for that.

We're not talking about Anubis, if we need to discuss that god's low placement, we will. Cabrakan loses his burst just like Thanatos past level 13, so all he has is CC. That drastically reduces the potential of any guardian, CC mage, or warrior. Diminishing returns do matter, and just because you've managed to CC chain people with diminishing returns doesn't mean that is how the game works.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 2, 2015 10:19am | Report
Quick note: While quoting personal experience is a legitimate way of getting your opinion across, the quality of the game certainly matters - don't go ahead and quote a Casual match. In the same vein, probably the single best resource you can use is a replay of a high-level League match, as it shows us in a legitimate environment just how that god plays; Of course, it should back up any points you make, and make sure that the God did well in the replay simply due to high skill at it, or for doing something that another god can do better. Focus on what the God can do that other Gods cannot.

I think I agree with FemFatalis on everything so far.

Anubis got moved to C due to the fact that he sports one of the best AoE melting capabilities in the game, so a well-played Anubis an easily turn a teamfight around. However, the need for strong team support, lack of escape, extreme squishyness for a close-range God, and the fact that he CANNOT afford to get behind the opponent in terms of gold relegate him from ever leaving the C tier.

If you think that you have enough information about Ach Puch to warrant a nomination, go for it.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 2, 2015 10:26am | Report
Anubis can play well in a teamfight, it's true, but he excels at one thing and really one thing only: objectives. Death Gaze takes 50% of the gold fury's health at 3:00, and it really speeds up objectives like the gold fury and fire giant in the late game. Anyone can focus an Anubis in a teamfight; he simply has no mobility when he's outputting these massive amounts of damage. Any burst mage or hunter can kill him while he's channeling two of his abilities. It's very dependent on player skill, which is why people who rate the gods (yes, DM) place him in tiers like C, which DM describes as "Unlikely to be found in competitive environments, unless the player is considered a master of the god." Not sure exactly how that translates to this list, C or D seems right.

Ah Puch is definitely going to see play (or banning) this week in the SPL, so I think we should wait until at least Saturday night to pass judgment. Right now, I see him as at least A+, but we'll see.
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 2, 2015 10:34am | Report
For Anubis, I'm thinking more of abusing Blink in combination with an ally-supplied shield to actually get in there and do something before it simply melts, which it certainly will. Grasping Hands still does a lot of damage while keeping him relatively safe.

At any rate, we're both saying C rank, so I say we stop talking about him.

I'll Add Ah Puch to A+, if he proves to be an S-tier threat he can be moved up later.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 2, 2015 10:38am | Report
I gotta AFK for a bit after this, but Kali is definitely worse than Chaac. Chaac can't lose lane and still brings something to teamfights, but Kali can be shutdown early and effectively turn the game into a 5v4.
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }