Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 353 posts - page 22 of 36
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 5, 2015 9:00am | Report
It depends on whether Bellona jungle or Bellona solo becomes more prevalent. Jungle: A+ definitely, since Ullr will be getting ganked a bunch. Solo, I think A.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » June 5, 2015 9:03am | Report
Honestly especially with this new update Awilix needs to be moved to A or A+ ranked. Unless we're factoring in the average player's inability to play Awilix in which case I'd honestly move her down to a C rank because 90% of people are terrible with her.

Also the whole "META IS WHAT HAPPENS IN THE SPL" is nonsense. Sure it's based off of that because kiddies like to try and mimic the pros (Honestly it's hard to watch). But by no means does it set the meta. If anything the pro league helps to solidify metas that were already there, just not as prevalent. But take the double adc meta for instance. It wasn't uncommon to see 2 hunters in a match before it became "The Current Meta" But when Neith got buffed, everyone realized "Wow, Neith is pretty damn broken" and so out comes the Double Hunter meta which quickly made it's way into the SPL.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 5, 2015 9:05am | Report
To be fair, Anatoliy started that whole thing. The commentators and the teams were all surprised when he pulled out Neith solo in relegations, and it quickly became a thing. The SPL does form the meta, especially now that it's advertised so completely.

Doesn't Awilix still need synergy to be effective? I think she fits where she is, because she's balanced, but she needs a team comp to be broken.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » June 5, 2015 10:25am | Report
Nah Awilix needs team synergy to be EASY. She's still amazingly strong on her own if you actually know how to play her. Thus my comment about 90% of people not knowing how to play her properly.

And frankly Neith solo was in the casual meta long before Ana pulled it out. Like I said, the pro league only SOLIDIFIES meta that's already out there. Pro players might be mechanically great but there are a large number of theorycrafters out there that Aren't pro but still help solidify Meta and How gods are played.

The pro league brings the meta to the more casual players that use the pro league to try and learn how to play the game. Most of the more experienced players figure these things out on their own. And now we have the current times where the old and new metas are vying for positioning. So honestly if you ask me, pro players simply bring existing strategies into the spotlight.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 5, 2015 1:45pm | Report
@ICEN: your OPINION matters. Your EXPREIENCE does NOT matter unless it's from relatively high league matches. This is not meant as an insult, just that if your experience isn't up to par (example: me), don't use it as/for your argument.

@Sub: If you think they're in the wrong place, then nominate them, and if they truly are misplaced, I'm sure the majority of the community will agree with you.

This tier list is based off of the non-professional competitive Metagame, a.k.a. higher-level League matches, which is bound to be influenced by happenings in SPL. In short, SPL influences the metagame, which influences the tierlist.

And let's be honest: This thread hasn't even been up for a week, and it's already spawned some of the most consistently intelligent talk on this site. At worst, in the event that the tierlist itself is complete garbage, you can look at the recent posts and grab quite a bit of metagame and god knowledge.

I'll bring up some gods that were brought up for nominations later, when I have the time.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 5, 2015 5:19pm | Report
Thank you Talenhiem <3
Ullr was nominated for A+, as was Awilix. Pretty sure that was it.
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 5, 2015 6:26pm | Report
Talen bae.

Also, new dicussion : Why is Geb on A, not A+ ?

I mean, he is the go-to god if Athena and Sylvanus have been banned/picked by the enemy team, and he's Stone Shield cleanses all kinds of CC, being a faster Cleanse , but single-targeted. Also, it can take a ton of damage.

He's Roll Out has a really nice Slow, and a knockback if hit at max speed.

shockwave is one of the most annoying skills in the game, and a really good way to gain a second plus of getaway.

Cataclysm isn't as good as Sylvanus' ult since Sylv's ult is a Hard CC, meaning you can't beads out of it, but Geb's ult CAN shred people's health
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 5, 2015 6:29pm | Report
Geb is A because he's far from the level of Athena and Sylvanus. The go-to supports right now are Ares, Geb, and Bacchus, and they're all around the same level. The tier list isn't based on relations; it's based on the individual god strength, and Geb belongs in A. For now. Until the inevitable Athena - Sylvanus nerf.
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 6, 2015 6:22pm | Report
Okay. Old nominations:

Ullr to A+
Awilix to A+
Geb to A+

And a few I want to bring up (okay, more than a few):
Ah Puch to A: Mainly his lack of escape, since he really only has slows.
Thanatos to A: Not sure about this guy's placement, starting with this nom for now.
Janus to A+: One of the better mage mid-laners ATM.
Vulcan to A-: I remember reading somewhere that they wanted this dropped.
Ymir to A-: Just doesn't seem on par with the rest of A.
Ares to A: Based off the above post.
Chang'e to A: She just FEELS good in this meta, this nom is more of a gut feeling than anything.
Cupid to A: Again, one of the better ADCs in the current meta.
Sobek to B: Heavy competition with Sylvanus, mostly.
Ah Muzen Cab to C-: Disable is nice and all, I think it deserves a small raise.

Holding off on Nox, Ne Zha and Ratatoskr until they settle into the meta.

Also initiating Anubis to C+: If I miscounted the votes and this is the minority, I don't think people will be TOO upset.

and still no +rep for all this :[

EDIT: 22 pages in less than a week, I think that's a new SF record @_@

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 6, 2015 6:32pm | Report
@Talen if you haven't played against an Ah Puch with Gem of Isolation, don't pass judgement XD it's awful to go against.
Janus is A+ imo.
Chang'e is definitely good if you know how to use her.
Sobek plays solo too, which is why he's in A. He crushes a lot of solo matchups right now.
Ah Muzen Cab isn't good right now, but the June 16th patch will make him much better.
Vulcan loses a lot of matchups in mid, so I think A-.
Ullr should be A+.
Geb should be A, I think. Maybe A+.
Awilix is A imo, but I suck at her, so who knows? I haven't seen or heard about her played amazingly without team support.
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }