Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 353 posts - page 2 of 36
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 1, 2015 2:44pm | Report
Personally, I want to see some drops - the low rankings look pretty bare to me. Let's start with dropping what's too high up, then go to the gods that are too low in their rankings. After this is cleaned up, we can really start the nominations.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 1, 2015 2:49pm | Report
I'd say Eset and Poseidon can be dropped. They're good mids, but mids aren't OP right now. I also think you're missing Kali and Nox, maybe some others, but those should be low. Awilix has not been demonstrated as an A pick yet. Ne Zha is too unreliable to be A+; the only player who can play him with consistency is andinster, the best jungler in the world. Kukulkan has too bad of an escape to be A+. Chaac doesn't bring anything to teamfights besides a 2 second silence, so I think he should be dropped from A. Cabrakan is B or B+.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 1, 2015 2:54pm | Report
Alright, broad cleanup means quick changes, here we go!

Kali to C
Ne Zha to A-
Awilix to B+
Kukulkhan to A
Chaac to B+
Cabrakan to B
EDIT: Nox to C

Holding off on Eset and Poseidon at the moment since they were just nominated for/changed to S, so there's obviously some controversy. I'll wait until I hear other people's opinions.

I shall be going to a BSA meeting soon, so I will make any more changes when I get back.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 1, 2015 3:43pm | Report
I feel as though Nox could be dropped even further, I'd sooner have a Zeus or Anubis on my team than a Nox. Also, Chaac brings large AOE slows to teamfights, has better damage than some other warriors and pretty much always wins lane, I feel as though he should remain a solid A.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » June 1, 2015 3:44pm | Report
I personally don't look into tier lists too much just because they're usually opinionated. Along with Grappul, SmiteStuff is another great resource that I use pretty frequently. Any analysis of an individual match, I go to smite guru. The Hi-Rez website is horrible.

Even though I don't really follow tier lists, I can just give a bit of insight for this tier list. So basically your A / A+ list is your top tier gods and S is broken? And then B tier is pretty much the focal point of balance or the average picks?

If so, I'd only leave Bellona and Athena in S tier since those are usually thought of the most unbalanced gods atm. The new A+ tier should include: Poseidon, Isis, Serqet, Nemesis, Sylvanus, Hun Batz, Bastet, Xbal, and Neith. There is quite a bit you can move around but I'll just pick off the few that don't make sense. Loki and Kukulkan should take their spot in B tier or lower. I haven't seen a Kukulkan pick in ranked in like a month and while Loki is alright, he's a solid B tier according to your terms. Lastly, gods that should be brought up a notch or two include Vamana (B+ tier), Arachne (B/B- tier), Freya (B tier), and Kali (B- tier). All who are not too bad but are not faring as well as other picks in this meta. However, Vamana although not picked too much, he's incredibly strong against hunters in lane.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 1, 2015 4:54pm | Report
Chaac doesn't lose lane, but he doesn't win it either. DM talks about this, as do most of the pro solo laners. The point is, why would you pick Chaac if you have Hercules, Tyr, Vamana, or Apollo open?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 1, 2015 6:23pm | Report
Greenevers, S is more for Gods that aren't broken and don't need nerfs, but are almost always first pick/ban, and are usually thought of when you think of the current metagame. S+ exists for Gods that are inherently broken and will obviously be nerfed next patch. Other than that, that's pretty much the quality I want most posts to be here. Same goes with FemFatalis.

I'll have to go AFK for a bit, but I'll implement some changes when I get back.

EDIT: Implementing the following changes:

Anubis to C
Nox to C-
Chaac to B-
Poseidon to A+ (I'm going to implement these now instead of waiting)
Eset to A+ (I'm going to implement these now instead of waiting)
Loki to B+
Kukulkhan to B+
Vamana to A-
Arachne to B
Freya to B+
Kali to B
Ah Muzen Cab to D

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 1, 2015 6:38pm | Report
I think you're forgetting that this is HiRez -_- they like having broken gods in the game. That's why SS exists: it's the S+ you're talking about, while S+ are the gods who are crazy broken but HiRez is going to leave just the way they are. Think Apollo, Serqet, Sylvanus from last season. Release Bellona was SS.
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » June 1, 2015 6:41pm | Report
Ah I misread when you said you were "going to" put in a S+ tier for gods that need nerfs. Just move everything up 1 tier from which I said.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 1, 2015 6:51pm | Report
Whoops, ninja'd that post, lemme fix the changes real quick

FemFatalis wrote:

I think you're forgetting that this is HiRez -_- they like having broken gods in the game. That's why SS exists: it's the S+ you're talking about, while S+ are the gods who are crazy broken but HiRez is going to leave just the way they are. Think Apollo, Serqet, Sylvanus from last season. Release Bellona was SS.

I wasn't here last season, remember? -_-

but yeah, from what I've heard about release Bellona, it'd be S+ easy. Ratotskr also looks like possible S+ material when it is released.

You guys also may have noticed the lack of Ah Puch; I decided to wait until A.) a new patch comes or B.) a new god comes before ranking it, so we have sufficient experience to back up our claims.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }