Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 5 Guide Contest And Giveaway Winners

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Season 5 Guide Contest And Giveaway Winners 33 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » March 1, 2018 11:53pm | Report

Hey guys, here are the results you've all been waiting for, from the winners of the Ultimate God Pack Giveaway to the winners of each of the individual role categories and of course the winners who earned a Thanatos skin by participating in any way, shape or form during the month of February. Let's get to it!

Ultimate God Pack Giveaway Winners

Congratulations to the five winners of the Ultimate God Pack!

Assassin Winners
The following winners will receive the Rocket Punch skin for Mercury, 2,500 Gems, a Season 5 gold Assassin badge, and the "Slayer" forum title.

DeezskillsNL won a prize in the Assassin category last year, and is back this time around following an update to his Thanatos guide. His use of colors and BBCode make it a joy to read more about how to best utilize the skills of the God known as the Hand of Death. On top of the ability, itemization and gameplay information the guide also includes a chapter devoted specifically to matchups and includes a change log so readers can keep track of progress the author has made.

Three years after winning in the Assassin category for the S2 guide contest, Estidien has struck gold once again with this beautifully crafted Awilix guide. Great use of images, colors and BBCode make the guide look organized, while the use of spoilers prevents readers from being overwhelmed by the amount of information presented unless they want to read more.

Normally, this would be the part where we would move on to the next category, but this year, there is actually a third Assassin winner! Read the introduction of the Hunter section in order to learn more.

SorenNoKitsune also defends his title as winner of the Assassin category following an update to his Ratatoskr guide. As before, his guide contains an in-depth overview of how to best utilize the squirrel's abilities, which items to buy and how to play during all stages of the game. The guide also scores points for its amazing formatting and use of BBCode.

Honorable Mentions

The following guides were considered strong contenders; as a reward, their authors will also receive the Rocket Punch skin for Mercury

Guardian Winners
The following winners will receive the Tremor Tech skin for Cabrakan, 2,500 Gems, a Season 5 gold Guardian badge, and the "Bodyguard" forum title.

IceColdPappsi marks his comeback to the SMITEFire community with a victory in the Guardian category with this guide for Athena, Goddess of Wisdom. His guide provides a great amount of detail regarding her itemization and gameplay during all stages of the game, and also features an extensive matchups list to help readers perform better in lane.

NKE07's love for Terra shows in this amazingly detailed guide written about the Earth Mother, which features a green-purple color scheme to match her look and makes excellent use of spoilers to give readers a quick overview of the topics that are covered. Opening up these spoilers will reveal a wealth of information, ranging from basic gameplay and itemization tips to precise numbers on how much XP players need to level in game.

Honorable Mentions

The following guides were considered strong contenders; as a reward, their authors will also receive the Tremor Tech skin for Cabrakan

Hunter Winner
The following winner will receive the Moonlit Ranger skin for Artemis, 2,500 Gems, a Season 5 gold Hunter badge, and the "Sharpshooter" forum title.

Before we talk about the winner in this category, we want to quickly touch on why there is only one winner in this category while there are three winners for the Assassin category. While reviewing all potential winners for this year's contest, it quickly came to the attention of the judging team that there were very few quality Hunter guides to choose from. So few, in fact, that the judge team (minus Branmuffin17) unanimously agreed that Branmuffin's Medusa guide should be picked as one of the category's winners.

However, seeing as he agreed to judge for this year's contest, Bran's guides weren't eligible to win any of the prizes. Instead, he asked for his prize to be passed on to an extra person in the Assassin category, for which we felt we had many strong entries.

xmysterionz spreads the love in his Cupid guide, going into great detail regarding the strengths and weaknesses of the god, how to best use, order and combo his skills and who the God of Love should be matched with (...not romantically). The information is well presented and accompanied by some good looking banner images for every section.

Mage Winners
The following winners will receive the Empress skin for Nu Wa, 2,500 Gems, a Season 5 gold Mage badge, and the "Sorcerer" forum title.

While AstralScythe's first guide is a winner in the Mage category, it should be noted that this guide also contains a lot of information on how to play Sol as an ADC during different stages of the game. Furthermore, the Abilities section contains a good amount of detail and the author goes by pretty much every possible magical item you could buy on her to explain exactly why certain choices are good or bad.

Perhaps one of the longest guides in this year's contest belongs to XenoChief, who has shown to be willing to go to great lengths to share his knowledge on how best to utilize the skills of the Arbiter of the Damned. Readers of this guide receive detailed information on Thoth's strengths and weaknesses, itemization choices and the matchups which he can encounter in the middle lane.

Warrior Winners
The following winners will receive the Harbinger skin for Nike, 2,500 Gems, a Season 5 gold Warrior badge, and the "Fighter" forum title.

Just like last year, one of the winners in the Warrior category is a Nike guide, this time written by Cyberhawk94. His build is well divided into separate purchase orders which separate the core purchases from the optional mid and late game additions, while beautiful use of BBCode makes the explanations that go along with it very easy on the eye.

Suavacious has claimed one of the top spots with his Osiris guide, which gives readers an in-depth overview of how best to utilize his abilities before describing in great detail which items players should buy while playing him. A special chapter at the top of the guide is dedicated to the most recent changes made which affect Osiris specifically, ensuring that readers are always provided with the author's up to date opinions.

Participation Winners
Congratulations to the fifteen winners of the Grim Reaper Thanatos skin!

Judges
Thanks to our judges for helping us make some very tough decisions!

How To Claim Your Prizes
  • Look out for an email from us ([email protected]) in the next couple of days letting you know you've won.
  • Respond to it and you'll receive your prizes.
  • You'll have 1 week (7 days) to respond. If you don't claim your prize within 7 days it will be given to a runner-up.

Thank you to everyone who participated in this year's contest by making or commenting on a guide. You're awesome! :)

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NKE07 » March 2, 2018 12:32am | Report
Congrats to all the winners, I can't wait to read and write more guides in the future :D

NKE07
<Bodyguard>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » March 2, 2018 1:15am | Report
Aaaaay congrats people! This year was a fun one! Hope that there'll be many more yo come!!!
Also ay participation
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RipleyW » March 2, 2018 3:52am | Report
Congratulations to all the winners^^ thanks for the giveaways

RipleyW

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deezskills NL » March 2, 2018 4:02am | Report
Thats awesome! Congrats to all the winners including me I guess.
Check out my Thanatos guide, all feedback will be appreciated. You can Find it here

To the Guide!

Deezskills NL
<Slayer>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Drexler » March 2, 2018 5:08am | Report
Congrats IceCold and NKE!!

Drexler

Remarkable (9)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » March 2, 2018 5:18am | Report
OH MY GODS, I can't believe I won. Thanks to everyone who help me and my congrats to all winners, all the guides were excellent!!!

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » March 2, 2018 6:54am | Report
OH man. Now I feel worse I procrastinated on my Izanami guide. Good job to the all the winners.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Cyberhawk94 » March 2, 2018 8:22am | Report
Wow some of these are crazy, that Sol guide actually discusses every single item.

Cyberhawk94
<Fighter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » March 2, 2018 9:07am | Report
Congratulations to everyone!!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }