Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hello SmiteFire

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Hello SmiteFire 38 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » January 14, 2015 6:51am | Report
Yesterday, the MoTD was a Conquest with the same team composition as the last match of SWC 2015 finals.

I thought it would be a good way to try a come back on Conquest mode, as there are less toxic chat for MoTD games.
I played Apollo, and honestly, I don't like him that much.
I have Rama as rank X, so I thought I would use the same build for him.

Sadly, the Anhur on other side was way better than me, and my support started to trash me right at the beginning.

Fortunately, aside this person, every other team mates were just chilling.
We were losing during whole match, we were all in negative KDA.
We lost, of course, but the game last 55 min, and we managed to get 2 deicides.

Still, it is sad that when only 1 person in a team is harrassing, how it makes this game less funny sometimes.
I mean, it's just a game, and MoTD matches are even more "casual" than casual Conquest.
What else can I do to play and learn Conquest without being called an idiot.

Playing against bot ?
Of course I did, but I don't know if HiRez is aware that the bots AI is ... "limited" ?
Now that I'm level 30, I am matched with other people level 30, but people playing Conquest since their beginning.
I even tried to create another account, to start from level 1.
Unfortunately, by doing so, I lost the Ultimate God Pack, so I am stuck with the Free Rotation gods and I lost my skins.
But I least, I a Conquest game :)

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » January 14, 2015 7:25am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

.34.3 health per second, about 20% less than with more items. This might heal the damage from approximately 1 ability for one teammate. Another way to look at it would be that this ability is almost like an HP5 boost for the team...not much more than that.

I don't know why I didn't realise it at first.
But 34.3 health per second, it is 171.5 HP5, which is a lot.
In comparison, Stone of Gaia gives between 65 HP5 (squichy 2000 hp) to 105 HP5 (tanky 4000 hp).
So, as I can see, even with only 1 item : Jotunn's Wrath, you are basically giving equivalent to 2 Stone of Gaia to your team, which is not negligable in my opinion.

Of course, we still cannot compare Cupid's healing to Ra, Hel, Aphrodite, and even Guan Yu or Sylvanus.
But, if it's the only healing available in your team, you would want to use as much as possible.

Branmuffin17 wrote:

Your entire team could have Salvation while his team had only 1.

Provided there are not that many tanky team mates, Salvation heal for 375 (2500 * 0.15) (assuming an average of 2500 hp) to everybody, once every 2 minutes.
Let's suppose all members are well synchronized, it is a constant 375 hp every 24 sec.
This means a 15.6 health per second or 78 HP5.
So, I don't think Salvation main utility is for healing.
Yes, it is useful, but it's the fact that it gives BOTH mana et health to full team that this active is mandatory in Assault.
So, if you have a Hel in your team, only 1 or 2 Salvation might be enough.

Branmuffin17 wrote:
And ohhhh, I see what you mean on the quote process. I had to look it up myself. What you're doing is putting "quote" in brackets, putting the words in the middle, and ending with /quote in brackets...like this, but substitute [ ] for ( ).

(quote)words words words(/quote)

This is how you'd have to write it:

(quote=Branmuffin17)words words words(/quote)

Here is the final answer :
You have to keep the brackets [], and not parentheses ().
Which gives: [quote=Branmuffin17]words words words[/quote]

But I didn't know about the "=Branmuffin17" property we could add to the quote tag.
Then, I would suppose there are other such propreties we could use. Is there a thread about this ?

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 14, 2015 10:41am | Report
That's funny, I don't like Apollo much either. That probably also comes because he's way less functional in Assault than other modes. One day, I should probably branch out and play some conquest or something...

Bullfrog323 wrote:
I don't know why I didn't realise it at first.
But 34.3 health per second, it is 171.5 HP5, which is a lot.
In comparison, Stone of Gaia gives between 65 HP5 (squichy 2000 hp) to 105 HP5 (tanky 4000 hp).
So, as I can see, even with only 1 item : Jotunn's Wrath, you are basically giving equivalent to 2 Stone of Gaia to your team, which is not negligable in my opinion.

Of course, we still cannot compare Cupid's healing to Ra, Hel, Aphrodite, and even Guan Yu or Sylvanus.
But, if it's the only healing available in your team, you would want to use as much as possible.

And sorry, I should have fully completed my line of thinking. I think of things in my head, say half of it and wonder why my wife is missing something. It drives her crazy.

To state accurately, you're giving (at max) the HP5 from 2 Stone of Gaia to your team, split between 5 people...not Stone itself, because that's a huge amount of magical protection that healing doesn't provide. I'm assuming that's what you meant.

From my previous post (I stated "You're right in that you should absolutely spam your heals, no matter what."), especially given that it costs you 0 mana if others are picking up the hearts, you absolutely should heal as much as possible. But, if you're playing the role of healer, rather than a hunter w/ support capabilities, you're not contributing much in the way of damage, and you're going to be outclassed by that Guan Yu...who not only can heal more, but can be a great tank as well. To counter that on a 1 to 1 basis, you not only need to support with heals, but do a pretty decent amount of damage as well.

On Salvation, you're also absolutely right that the heal isn't huge. I don't consider Salv with regard to HP5 though (or rather, as an item with health sustain)...I see it as a possible immediate effect. Here's a situation with an intangible for you...3 v 3 (two from each side has already died). On your side, you've got a mage (say He Bo that has 1/4 health or less, say 400 health). The enemy assassin (how about Bakasura) sees the mage as a juicy, succulent steak, but he's also at about 1/3 health. If 2 out of the 3 of you pop Salv, your He Bo is now over 1/2 health...and he's a much less appealing target. Don't know if that's a bad example, but that's what came to mind. Either way, you just made that He Bo a very happy god.

To summarize points from our discussion:

1. Spam Cupid's heals, because it doesn't cost you anything, and for what it's worth, it's a decent support heal
  2. As a hunter, Cupid's biggest potential contribution is still damage
  3. As a break from standard crit/unicorn builds, throwing Jotunn's Wrath in the mix is probably a great item for Cupid, not only for heals, but also for his ult, escape, etc.
  4. If you've built up lots of gold, die when possible, because the items really do have an effect
  5. As Devampi said (thanks!), at full build w/ Brawler's, the Unicorn build is a good counter to the higher healing of Guan Yu. If you're the only one with healing ability on your team, it's highly unlikely the enemy team will build anti-healing against you.

Anyway, hope I'm not sounding argumentative or anything. Trying to be helpful, and trying to learn (you, Devampi and others bring up good points that I don't consider), and I just love to discuss things like this. It's very interesting to me!

On the BBCoding side, check out this site: BB Code Tags Reference
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » January 14, 2015 11:56am | Report
I won't say "usually", since I played Cupid in assault only twice I think.
But should I play Cupid in Assault, here would be the build I'd use :

Jotunn's Wrath
Ninja Tabi (If I'm the only healer god, to max CDR) Warrior Tabi otherwise.
The Executioner
Brawler's Beat Stick (If I'm Cupid, there is a healer on ennemy team most likely)
Qin's Sais

The order of those last 3 items could be different depending of situation and/or gold I have in hand when dead.

Last item would situational
I really like to have a defensive when it worths it.
In assault, it's not that uncommon to have ennemy team with 4-5 phys or magical gods.

Branmuffin17 wrote:
To state accurately, you're giving (at max) the HP5 from 2 Stone of Gaia to your team, split between 5 people...not Stone itself, because that's a huge amount of magical protection that healing doesn't provide. I'm assuming that's what you meant.

Yes, that's what I meant of course.

Branmuffin17 wrote:
On the BBCoding side, check out this site: BB Code Tags Reference

Thanks for the link !
I didn't know BBCoding was a standard. I thought it was only used by SmiteFire forum.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 15, 2015 1:52am | Report
BBcoding is pretty standard on a lot of forums (only on some forums they only have the collour bbcoding and other text option stuf but we also have the icons and double [)

also for quoting other people there is a "button" on the right top side (you can also find the PM and +rep option there) that quotes the whole post from someone.

on Salvation it's also a must for giving mana to multiple persons (because running out of mana with med on Cd is hell)

Bullfrog323 wrote:

I won't say "usually", since I played Cupid in assault only twice I think.
But should I play Cupid in Assault, here would be the build I'd use :

Jotunn's Wrath
Ninja Tabi (If I'm the only healer god, to max CDR) Warrior Tabi otherwise.
The Executioner
Brawler's Beat Stick (If I'm Cupid, there is a healer on ennemy team most likely)
Qin's Sais

The order of those last 3 items could be different depending of situation and/or gold I have in hand when dead.

Last item would situational
I really like to have a defensive when it worths it.
In assault, it's not that uncommon to have ennemy team with 4-5 phys or magical gods.

your build goes more to a unicorn build ( Devourer's Gauntlet-tabi- Qin's Sais- Asi-beatstick- Titan's Bane)
with jotunn's for the bane and exocutioner for asi

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » January 15, 2015 7:15am | Report
Devampi wrote:
also for quoting other people there is a "button" on the right top side (you can also find the PM and +rep option there) that quotes the whole post from someone.

Wow, thanks for the tip. I didn't even notice those buttons.

It's very nice, because now I can look at the BBCoding of other posts and learn more about it.

btw, what is that +Rep button used for ?
When I clicked on it, it just popped a message saving a Rep has been given.
Did I report you by accident ? If so, I'm really sorry.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » January 15, 2015 8:15am | Report
Bullfrog323 wrote:

btw, what is that +Rep button used for ?
When I clicked on it, it just popped a message saving a Rep has been given.
Did I report you by accident ? If so, I'm really sorry.

It is not a report. Rep (Reputation) is the purple title and number you see under the name of a member. People usually give +rep to people who helped them out and such stuff. For example you can find this under your number : Unremarkable (1) meaning that somebody gave you one reputation point. After you gain more points the title will be changed to other title for example Notable

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » January 15, 2015 8:45am | Report
Ahh I see !
I thought this was related to the number of posts below.

Thanks again

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }