Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hello SmiteFire

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Hello SmiteFire 38 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » January 12, 2015 7:57am | Report
Hello SmiteFire community !

My name is Bullfrog and I just created this account on SmiteFire forum.
But, I am not a new player.
I play since may 2014 and started to read guides from this forum about at the same period.
Before I post some threads on this forum, I thought it was a good idea to present myself.

As a person :
I am 30, playing with my girlfriend, who's 25.
I live in Quebec, Canada, which means I am a french speaker, so please forgive my english mistakes.
I play Smite only for casual games. I don't have neither the skills, nor the patience, nor the guts for League games.

As a Smite player :
I am level 30, Mastery 61.
I main Loki (Rank X), Rama (Rank X) and Kali (Rank IX).
90% of time, I am playing with my girlfriend.
We mostly play Arena games, and are starting Assault times to times.
We don't like Conquest that much due to the toxic chat and the fact that those games are so long.

Currently, we always queue together.
But we start getting bored to play with people that are clearly not on our level.
Either we play against a 4-5 players premade, who are litterally rolling on us, like we are just dust.
Either we play with people that are trying a new god, thinking that Hades' ultimate will pull everybody together and GG.
So ... yes, basically we would like to find people of our level to play with.
Obviously, we are not the best players and we are willing to learn.

Wish you all a great year 2015 !
And sorry for this wall of text.

Bullfrog

P.S. : I hope you guys won't be upset by my next post.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » January 12, 2015 8:24am | Report
Hey Bullfrog. Welcome to SmiteFire. I can't play with you because I live in EU, so I rarely play on NA servers due to high ping, although we have some guys from NA. If you have any questions - feel free to ask ;)

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » January 12, 2015 8:43am | Report
Welcome! :)

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » January 12, 2015 10:00am | Report
Thanks for the reply.

I'm reading your post for over 8 months now, and I know most of you are either from EU, either Asians. This is the main reason why I didn't ask to join SMFG clan.

But I am hoping some US players would hang around too.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 12, 2015 10:46am | Report
we do have a lot of NA players in the clan actually (at least I'm almost always playing with people who normally play na).

I play a bit of both (especcially if eu is having severe issues (e.g. when i tried to play a cq as baka it let me join 1:30 min after minions (my brother was already in the game so there was nothing with the connection)) i go to na for the rest of the day.)

I only don't play arena and CQ a lot anymore though. (CQ because toxic guys instalockers that screw your call up etc. arena is the game mode I always hate to play because i can't play it)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » January 12, 2015 11:20am | Report
Well, as you might have already seen, I created a second post to find some french people to play with.
I don't think I would find that many people, but at least I'll give it a try.
If it doesn't work, I'll most likely consider joining SMFG clan (provided they want me of course).

Quoted:
I play a bit of both (especcially if eu is having severe issues

A few months ago, I had issues with the connections. I always had some big lag spikes.
After a ticket to HiRez, it appeared it was our ISP that was using a weird route.
We ended by changing ISP, which solved the issue, so I never tried to play on EU server yet.
I'll give it a try tonight and see if it's playable.

Quoted:
I only don't play arena and CQ a lot anymore though. (CQ because toxic guys instalockers that screw your call up etc. arena is the game mode I always hate to play because i can't play it)

Currently, I don't play Conquest really, because of the same reasons. I play hunter because I know I won't be bad. But mostly I end up being support, because that's the only spot left, the one nobody likes.
I would try to be jungler, but I rarely can get to pick it.
Also, being a jungler in a Bot Pratice game is irrevelant.

As for the Arena mode, I find the concept of the game really nice. Still a team based game with some strategy, but a smaller map and a faster respawn time, which makes more quick games, and is "relatively less" subject to the Snowball effect that the Conquest map has.
My girlfriend always play a mage, on minions duty, and I pick up whatever is left. That is how I decided to try all gods.
The sad part of Arena is that about half the players are there for a pause of Conquest.
They think about Arena as a "Continous Team Fight battle where I can test my skills with this god".

I also found that Assault chat is way less toxic.
Mostly due to the magic answers
"Hey I'm [new | rusty] with this god, please I'm trying my best."
"With the draw they got, it's not as we had that much a chance"
Usually, it ends up the rage.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » January 12, 2015 11:35am | Report
Bullfrog323 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I'm reading your post for over 8 months now, and I know most of you are either from EU, either Asians. This is the main reason why I didn't ask to join SMFG clan.

But I am hoping some US players would hang around too.

I'm on NA!

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 12, 2015 11:40am | Report
damn that random log out -.- so to make all that text a bit shorter:

arena got the same respawn timer for everyone (allowing everyone to spawn the same second even if you die later. don't know how it exactly works)

I also hate arena because my team never knows the importance of the minions and the other team does

on assault people are mostly less toxic because of the reason they don't know to play their god but when people get toxic you don't know how to play (with this I mean rushing 1v5 into the enemy (also common in arena for me) and other stuff)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » January 12, 2015 12:31pm | Report
About arena respawn timer, I once read that it is related to your team ticket score.
Like, if you kill a god and get killed right after, and both of you start the timer for each time (meaning there were not other team-mates already dead and waiting)
If the score is even, then the timer will be the same for both of you.
If your team have the lead, your timer will be longer than your ennemy, and vice versa.
Now, about the Math on "how much" longer it is, based on the difference, I cannot speak of.

About the fact the players don't know about minions, that's all so true. Even I was like this before I read this awesome guide.
At first, I thought it would be fun to bring back League Arena (I never played, because it went away before I started to play), but after I realized it would only bring the toxic chat to Arena, because of Smite META is a religion.

As for the toxic chat because you don't know how to play. I must admit that I didn't get that much of those players fortunately. I mean, we all are level 30, by that time, we all know that facing 1 vs 5 is never a good idea, no matter the god you have, not even Kali with her ult up. So, basically, if at level 30, you still do such things, you either are trolling, either feeding. Either way, you deserver these recrimination and would not consider this a toxic chat. But it's my opinion.

Personally, should this situation happen, I would only ask him to just play safely back, or just ignore him and wait for the game to end.
In assault mode winning is less important than learning to adapt to situation on a god you don't know that much.
Your teammate is always 1 v 5 ? then
- Learn to support an "hard to support" character
- Learn to fight 4 v 5, this situation happen very often in Arena.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 12, 2015 1:13pm | Report
yeah true but some players know how to play when they reach lvl 20 and some afre just doing something not knowing what they are doing. and some players are so stubborn and then ask why no follow up when we didn't even know he had initiated. and in assault it's a bit harder to play 4v5 especially if someone of their team is fed and then dies because he will come back super strong. and you have less space.

(also you will see the let yourself die on purpose to the tower for a respawn to buy items but not give money to the enemy)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }