Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hello SmiteFire

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Hello SmiteFire 38 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » January 13, 2015 7:16am | Report
To Branmuffin17 :
Quoted:
The Overarching Assault Guide, Part 1 of 2

The Overarching Assault Guide, Part 2 of 2

In fact, I the day I started to play Assault, the next day you released your first guide. That was a nice timing.
It helped me alot, like many of other guides in this site.
I may be new to SmiteFire, but I am reading you since May 2014, so I read most of the threads.
At least the more popular ones for each god, but every threads on mechanics and such.
This site has an amazing knowledge base, we just need to search.

Quoted:
As an aside, just curious if you're also a hockey fan...Canadiens? If so, I'm an Anaheim Ducks fan, but that doesn't mean we can't get along! =P

Truth be told, while majority of us are hockey fan, I am not.
I never found any interest to watch a sport game on TV, any sport.
Lol, until last week-end. That was the first time I saw an eSport event.
That was awesome.

To Devampi :

Yeah, being a hunter with no death mean you are useless from mid game and later.
But I was Cupid, and I played him as a healer, started with Jotunn's Wrath and spamming hearts.
Never running out of mana, never being in front lane, so the low damage was a lesser issue.
But after the game, I realized I would have been more useful for my team if I would have died.

Quoting myself :

Quoted:
We ended by changing ISP, which solved the issue, so I never tried to play on EU server yet.
I'll give it a try tonight and see if it's playable.

Result :
200 ping instead of 40, so a bit laggy. My girlfriend wanted to destroy her computer lol.
Also, that game (Assault) ended up crashing, returning us to Lobby, as if the game never happened.
So, I think we will stick to the NA server, sorry.

Sure it would be nice to play with skilled players.
But I am afraid the language might be an issue, as our spoken english so really bad.
We would have to stay with the chat.
If you find me online, my IGN is the same : Bullfrog323

Off Topic : How do you add forum members links like Branmuffin17
I tried [[Branmuffin17]], but it doesn't seem to work.
My quotes don't like like other quotes, and I can't find why.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 13, 2015 12:28pm | Report
the double brackets only work with items and gods etc otherwise you would need to use the url= code (see more options)

My english isn't perfect too but normally you do understand everyone a bit

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 13, 2015 1:32pm | Report
Thanks for your kind words on my guide...I worked hard on it. It's not perfect, but I think it's the most complete Assault guide out there, and I've tried to use as much logic as possible. Hope it's helping people...not getting much in the way of votes or comments, but that's probably because it's Assault! (And I've added and revised a good amount since that first release)

Bullfrog323 wrote:
Truth be told, while majority of us are hockey fan, I am not. I never found any interest to watch a sport game on TV, any sport. Lol, until last week-end. That was the first time I saw an eSport event. That was awesome.

I think your appreciation for anything increases when you do it yourself. I've been playing hockey (poorly) since my early 20s (roller for 10+ years, switched to ice 2 years ago). I only started watching it when I started playing it. When I was younger, I played soccer/futbol for 10 years, and used to love watching...now I can't stand it!!! Anyway, hockey fans are pretty passionate about their teams, especially those in Canada, so maybe it's better for you and me that you don't have any interest, hahaha.

I haven't watched any of the SWC, but it sounds like it was awesome. I'll have to check some of the videos out on YouTube or something.

Bullfrog323 wrote:
Yeah, being a hunter with no death mean you are useless from mid game and later.
But I was Cupid, and I played him as a healer, started with Jotunn's Wrath and spamming hearts.
Never running out of mana, never being in front lane, so the low damage was a lesser issue.
But after the game, I realized I would have been more useful for my team if I would have died.

When I first started playing, anytime I rolled any gods that could heal, I was always concentrating on doing that. In the case of Cupid and Chang'e, I've changed my strategies a bit, because their healing skills aren't comparable to standard healers. If you're the only god with healing capability though, then some emphasis on maxing healing potential can still really help the team...but I don't personally think it should be your main focus when you're one of those two.

If you don't mind, I'm going to be a bit of a nerd...

I'm not sure at what point you were in your Cupid game, but if you went that long without dying, well, I'm going to use an example of Cupid at level 20, based on a standard crit build. Let's assume you built Jotunn's Wrath, then Warrior Tabi, Bloodforge, and Rage. In this build, Power = 140, CD on Share The Love is 10.5s. The heal per heart would be 110 (+25% of power) = 145, or 435 health in full...41.4 health per second. With only Jotunn's Wrath, numbers aside, you're looking at 360 health in full...34.3 health per second, about 20% less than with more items. This might heal the damage from approximately 1 ability for one teammate. Another way to look at it would be that this ability is almost like an HP5 boost for the team...not much more than that.

As a quick (and unfair) comparison, if all of Hel's teammates are alive and down on health, her equivalent heal (4 item build of Chronos' Pendant, Shoes of Focus, Rod of Asclepius, Rod of Tahuti would be (Power = 507.5, CD on Inspire is 6 seconds (40% CDR)) for 510 health per player, or a max of 2,551 health...up to 425 health per second, 10x more than Cupid. Not sure I calculated that correctly...if I'm anywhere close, this just means that Hel = BS!!!

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you're Cupid, it's best to use your heals to supplement and support the team, but it's not going to affect the game as much as if you were to participate more in the fights...that's almost like a 4 on 5. Keep in mind, not saying you weren't fighting, just that you were probably playing very conservatively.

But, you know what, I probably don't know what I'm talking about, lol. I'm not a great player. Sometimes I do really well, but it's not that consistent. And sometimes I play like a bonehead. Too aggressive or too conservative...can't find a comfortable medium.

And all of your peeps' use of English is great...I wouldn't worry about it, even if in-game speaking. Devampi, Ferrumslash, etc...could have fooled me!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » January 13, 2015 4:13pm | Report
Wow, now I feel like a noob !
I never thought about the game from this angle.

In my head I was the only god with a healing ability.
While the other team had Guan Yu (if I remember), then I HAD to play the healer to compensate.
I used to think that Cupid's Share The Love was not that bad.
At least way better than just a good HP5 item.

Your calculations seemed correct, though I think you forgot to take his passive Lovestruck into consideration, which I tried to use as most as I can.

On a second note, I have to admit that in every game I play, I have a defensive / conservatie playstyle. So, not being in the front lane is very well suited for me.
In this game, I was always behing my team-mates, but were still able to throw my Fields Of Love when needed. It's just I wasn't AA or bombing ennemies.

I think I would need to improve my teamfight skills, as it's always my weak points in arena games too.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » January 13, 2015 4:15pm | Report
Again Off-Topic:

Look at the quote form last Branmuffin17 reply.
Compare it to mine

Quoted:
Truth be told, while majority of us are hockey fan, I am not. I never found any interest to watch a sport game on TV, any sport. Lol, until last week-end. That was the first time I saw an eSport event. That was awesome.

They are clearly different.
And I cannot find how they are doing.

Thanks

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 13, 2015 5:12pm | Report
Hey Bullfrog323,

Sorry, not my intention of making you feel like a noob. That was honestly the first time I crunched any numbers, and you're right, I didn't take Lovestruck into account, so even then, I wasn't fully accurate. And although I was working myself toward a guide that I finally wrote, I didn't start really thinking of things in that depth until I was writing it. It's like, the best way to really understand something is to try to explain it to someone else!

Here's another aspect in your situation that is completely variable...the enemy team's Guan Yu could have been spamming heals on his end...or he could be focusing on dmg. Your entire team could have Salvation while his team had only 1. These types of things really change how the whole thing plays out, and you don't know until you're in the midst of it. But Cupid's heals don't even match Guan Yu's, who really is closer to Ra in terms of amount healed (since his CD decrease)...so an alternate strategy to trying to keep up with him in heals is to have your team focus him to take him out of the picture...and use Weakening Curse and other anti-heal items.

You're right in that you should absolutely spam your heals, no matter what. If others pick up the hearts, it costs you 80 mana and you get back 90, so you're +10. It's meant as a free team support ability. You're probably just fine picking up Jotunn's in any case, over the standard crit or unicorn build, because Cupid's ult is awesome, especially when used as a combo with other gods' ults.

And ohhhh, I see what you mean on the quote process. I had to look it up myself. What you're doing is putting "quote" in brackets, putting the words in the middle, and ending with /quote in brackets...like this, but substitute [ ] for ( ).

(quote)words words words(/quote)

This is how you'd have to write it:

(quote=Branmuffin17)words words words(/quote)
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 13, 2015 5:16pm | Report
Bullfrog323 wrote:
On a second note, I have to admit that in every game I play, I have a defensive / conservatie playstyle. So, not being in the front lane is very well suited for me.
In this game, I was always behing my team-mates, but were still able to throw my Fields Of Love when needed. It's just I wasn't AA or bombing ennemies.

I think I would need to improve my teamfight skills, as it's always my weak points in arena games too.

That was exactly the way I used to play...conservative throughout. As I played more and more, my nephew really noticed and commented that I was starting to jump in and play aggressive at the right times...I think it just comes with experience on the individual gods, along with a bit of conscious effort in trying to play more offensively.

And really, people are a lot nicer in Assault, in general, than in even casual Conquest (at least to my experience), so if you experiment a bit, it's okay...don't worry about what others say, in any case. Anyone actively negative is pretty much worth a mute...seriously, it's a GAME, people! Right?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » January 13, 2015 9:52pm | Report
Get out before its to LATE
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » January 13, 2015 11:04pm | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Get out before its to LATE

Don't listen to him. He is mad :D

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 14, 2015 3:18am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Hey Bullfrog323,

Sorry, not my intention of making you feel like a noob. That was honestly the first time I crunched any numbers, and you're right, I didn't take Lovestruck into account, so even then, I wasn't fully accurate. And although I was working myself toward a guide that I finally wrote, I didn't start really thinking of things in that depth until I was writing it. It's like, the best way to really understand something is to try to explain it to someone else!

Here's another aspect in your situation that is completely variable...the enemy team's Guan Yu could have been spamming heals on his end...or he could be focusing on dmg. Your entire team could have Salvation while his team had only 1. These types of things really change how the whole thing plays out, and you don't know until you're in the midst of it. But Cupid's heals don't even match Guan Yu's, who really is closer to Ra in terms of amount healed (since his CD decrease)...so an alternate strategy to trying to keep up with him in heals is to have your team focus him to take him out of the picture...and use Weakening Curse and other anti-heal items.

You're right in that you should absolutely spam your heals, no matter what. If others pick up the hearts, it costs you 80 mana and you get back 90, so you're +10. It's meant as a free team support ability. You're probably just fine picking up Jotunn's in any case, over the standard crit or unicorn build, because Cupid's ult is awesome, especially when used as a combo with other gods' ults.

And ohhhh, I see what you mean on the quote process. I had to look it up myself. What you're doing is putting "quote" in brackets, putting the words in the middle, and ending with /quote in brackets...like this, but substitute [ ] for ( ).

(quote)words words words(/quote)

This is how you'd have to write it:

(quote=Branmuffin17)words words words(/quote)

just take a unicorn build and the healing is reduced by 40%

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }