Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What Would You Like To See On SMITEFire?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What Would You Like To See On SMITEFire? 74 posts - page 7 of 8
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » July 13, 2017 11:45am | Report
True. Maybe hold off on the "hold-on-release" idea, and let the admins state their thoughts on it first.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Papa Murmz » July 13, 2017 11:46am | Report
https://www.eliteownage.com/smitebuilder.html

Adding a feature where we can actually see the stats the God gains from the given items. Yes, this is a difficult thing because people input several builds into the guide, but the option to see how Titan's Bane impacts so and so compared to how Jotunn's Wrath does.

The site I provided above does this.
THORNS ALWAYS WINS

Papa Murmz

Established (16)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 13, 2017 12:27pm | Report
All good ideas in theory, Shlappz. I'm just not the authority on ability to implement, or approving the initiation of these ideas in the first place.

You're also right on the chatroom aspect. I think it would be fun, because I'm on the site more than I am on Discord, and I always love discussions...but yeah, probably wouldn't function too well.

Comments USED to be at the bottom of the guides...but there could be SOOOOOO much scrolling. That's, I think, why they separated comments into a different tab. Maybe a switchable tab that shows at the top of the page (even when you scroll down) that doesn't just straight take you to a different page would be good.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shlappz » July 13, 2017 7:31pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Comments USED to be at the bottom of the guides...but there could be SOOOOOO much scrolling. That's, I think, why they separated comments into a different tab. Maybe a switchable tab that shows at the top of the page (even when you scroll down) that doesn't just straight take you to a different page would be good.

That's part of why I mentioned repurposing the button at the top to jump to the bottom of the page, and at the bottom of the page, where the comments would be, there would be a button to go back up. I just think it's a better idea to be able to read the guide while commenting, instead of the annoying process we have now - writing, copying it, going back and reading, going back to the comments and pasting it, writing more, repeat.
Check Out My Guide(s)!

Shlappz
<Pew Pew Pew!>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 13, 2017 8:55pm | Report
I know that's inconvenient, but until it's fixed...well, I just splitscreen it. Guide on left, comments on right. Doesn't work for mobile, but I won't write a review on my phone anyway.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 14, 2017 2:01am | Report
First of all I might be adding comments that have already been posted (haven't had time to read it all yet).

But for guides/builds, why not just make them into checkbox options when you make the guide? And with a info thingy you can go to to see what is required for it to be a guide etc.

Edit:

Adding ceckboxes for modes, intended audience (new/old players), platform, and other "must have" information. And make all these checkboxes searchable/filter options. Dont think this is very hard to do.

And I have always wanted mods/editors to archive guides. Just have a log for what is beeing done and by who. If someone is abusing it remove them as mod/editor or w.e.
I like the on hold system, it might require more mods/editors. But I would love to get some more stuff to do tbh.

Edit:

I think letting mods/editors archive guides should be enough so that we do not need the "on hold" system.
But as Bran says it can not just be his job to do this. I am not doing **** atm (except trying to be active on the forum atm) because there is no tasks assigned to my role. If for example editors where in charge of archiving and moderating guides and builds. And that was in your "job description" as an editor i would ofc. do it. And then your role would mean something as well. And if you don't do your job, well you are fired.
Ppl vould apply for positions as edditor, forum moderator, database moderator etc. Etc.
For editors we could share guides into what the editors know. Like I have basic knowledge of everything, but im best fitted to rewiev jungle and support guides and conquest and arena. Duel and solo is my worst mode and roles.

A chat room for all online members would be sweet, also be able to whisper ppl instead of it having to be over pm as long as the person is online etc.

Edit:

Moding a chat would be pain, but at least make us see who is actually online. So taht you know if you can expect a reply on your pm.

And what other site has a decent Smite forum tbh? Just to bad none is using it because everything goes through reddit

There is ofc a ton of stuff that could be done and that would make the sote better. But the hate is mostly because of ignorance imo.

Yes there are bad guides, but you got a brain (hopefully) so you can decide for yourself if you want to read and use them. But having mods/editors being able to hide the bad once would ofc help a lot. (hiding season 3 guides in a dropdown menu for example).

And a lot is from back in the days when there was a few "bad apples" that ruined by being rude to new members etc.

I will try and read through all the other suggestions etc. during the weekend. And some more suggestions myself.

Edit:

I do not like the idea of setting a fixed wordcount for it to be a guide etc. it could end up with ppl just making long and hard to read text with no usefull information juat to fill the quota. LESS IS MORE.

I also do not like the fixed chapters if you make a conquest guide etc. this limits creativity. But a sugested chapters is fine, but if you want to make everything in one chapter and use bbcoding for navigation I feel you should be allowed to do that for example.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by newbiemj » July 14, 2017 7:13am | Report
Shlappz wrote:

That's part of why I mentioned repurposing the button at the top to jump to the bottom of the page, and at the bottom of the page, where the comments would be, there would be a button to go back up. I just think it's a better idea to be able to read the guide while commenting, instead of the annoying process we have now - writing, copying it, going back and reading, going back to the comments and pasting it, writing more, repeat.

What about being able to highlight a section and make an individual comment? Like on Word or Google docs, you can highlight something and right click and add a comment. Then it could be off to the side or maybe a hover over to expand. Also then maybe a resolve comment to take the comment away as you fixed the error? I'm not sure this would be possible, but I think it could be nice.

newbiemj
<Punch Time!>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bernardozomer » July 14, 2017 9:49am | Report
Quoted:
What about being able to highlight a section and make an individual comment? Like on Word or Google docs, you can highlight something and right click and add a comment. Then it could be off to the side or maybe a hover over to expand. Also then maybe a resolve comment to take the comment away as you fixed the error? I'm not sure this would be possible, but I think it could be nice.

I think that Trello has something similar to this.

It would also be nice if we could write guides with 2+ people at the same time (live updates)
#9e2aff #a12bfd #af29e8 #bd29d0 #c828be #d728a8 #d728b0 #e02899 #ee2891 #f02887 #d72875 #d72860
#8a42ff #9c30f6 #ab21ec #b329e4 #b829d9 #ca29c7 #d429bd #de299f #ee2887 #e62873 #e03163 #e53d44
#7b54ff #8d39f6 #a311f4 #a22afb #ae29ed #b63dc7 #a247c7 #ca3d9f #ee3175 #e6325f #e94348 #f14f2c
#676cff #793fff #910aff #871ef5 #7f2ee4 #7542da #665bc7 #8e519f #c04777 #f0464b #f2552d #fc6410
#5384ff #6545ed #7b00e0 #6b1ada #5738d0 #4356d0 #2d74cc #5c65b3 #985b77 #dc5037 #e94c1b #de4606
#3598fe #4750da #5d00a8 #4423b2 #2b46bc #1762c4 #008fcc #377b9f #636b7b #9a574e #d73a12 #c12300

Bernardozomer
<Meat Shield>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 14, 2017 11:13am | Report
These would be awesome, but highly unlikely to happen...don't think the site has that kind of functionality.

Comments would also act weird...maybe they could only attach to a chapter, rather than a specific highlighted phrase or item, because if/when that specific set of wording or item choice was changed, that comment wouldn't be linked anymore.

2+ people working on guides...that's functionality almost no documents /sites have...generally called collaborations, Google had/has something like this.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IceColdPappsi » July 15, 2017 3:47am | Report
I remember reading that SmiteFire was the go-to website for guides during Season 1 and Season 2. What did the site looked like back then? There is nothing wrong with going back to the classic SF site.

IceColdPappsi
<Master Wizard>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }