Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What Would You Like To See On SMITEFire?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What Would You Like To See On SMITEFire? 74 posts - page 8 of 8
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 15, 2017 4:25am | Report

I remember reading that SmiteFire was the go-to website for guides during Season 1 and Season 2. What did the site looked like back then? There is nothing wrong with going back to the classic SF site.

Smitefire hasn't changed much since then though :p
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » July 15, 2017 7:17am | Report

I remember reading that SmiteFire was the go-to website for guides during Season 1 and Season 2. What did the site looked like back then? There is nothing wrong with going back to the classic SF site.

I don't think it was the look of the site that caused the issues, but the lack of quality in the builds submitted. That and there's no official peer review process in place. On of the reasons DukeSloth has a low opinion of the site is that a lot of the builds he's come across don't have any penetration items, so they're really only viable in casual play. If you tried to play rank games without any (or very little, like one or two items) pen, you're not going to get very far. I'm not going to mention any names or point out any guides, but some of the newer ones I've seen have me scratching my head and agreeing with him about the site's reputation. Hopefully we can get some type of review system implemented here, but it'll require people who are knowledgeable about the game, are willing to donate their time, and are capable of working with guide authors in improving said guides. Sloth may not be a pro-player, but he does have over 61k followers, so his videos do carry some weight in the community. I would like to tell him to check out the new guides that have been submitted, but I'm not sure that's a good idea right now...

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 16, 2017 10:29am | Report

even then reddit's opinion was low of SF.

Reading through this I really have high standards for just calling something a build. however the characters system atm is flawed as hell.

the thing for modes could be something like mobafire uses to mark something as jungle adc etc. (haven't looked how it worked)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » August 30, 2017 5:53pm | Report
One thing I would like to see is an unread post/topic section or link. Sure we have the 10 most recent posts, but if there's more than 10 posts, it's a pain to have to scroll through it to see if there's anything I want to read. There are a lot of "threads" I'm following here, but I have to think about where I stopped so I know which link to clink on. The problem is exacerbated if there's more than reply to a particular thread. An example is Bran's Guan Yu guide: There are three new posts for me, but I can't necessarily tell at a glance which ones I've already read, so I have to go to the thread and re-read it to catch up. Does that make any sense? Thanks.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }