Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

PC Patch 5.2 "Legend of the Foxes" - Bran's Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » PC Patch 5.2 "Legend of the Foxes" - Bran's Thoughts 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » February 7, 2018 5:09pm | Report
Until SF gets patch notes up, the official ones are found here: https://www.smitegame.com/news/legend-of-the-foxes-5-2-update-notes

Not going to go over the skins...didn't watch the show (oh well).

Item changes:
  • Deathbringer (nerf): Power decreased from 50 to 40. Crit chance decreased from 35% to 25%. Crit bonus damage increased from 25% to 30%. This is a great thing overall. I'm happy with this change, I think. The crit chance drop prevents it from becoming a 1 stop crit shop for gods that normally wouldn't pick it up, and it's definitely weaker overall than it was in S4. This works to its advantage...less people will build DB, and this means it makes people build less crit counters like Hide of the Nemean Lion or Spectral Armor, making it possibly a better situation for those that do build crit.

• Devourer's Gauntlet (nerf): This is a good shift. Nerf to the price, increasing from 2,100 to 2,300. Delays hunter power spike, makes them perhaps rely a bit more on the Support early (maybe helping with that portion of the gaming population that likes to play double Jungler). Also might give a bit more strength to Trans builds, not that they're directed for the same purpose.

• Asi (nerf): Decreased flat pen from 15 to 10. Probably puts it better in line as a true bridge item. I do like the item, so slightly bummed, but I haven't been building it much.

• Talisman of Energy (buff): Kept the same end stats at full stacks, but in half the max stacks. Now means you can get full stacks from a single minion wave. Still not sure when/where I'd build it, but this is nice...if attending teammates (which you should be to get the best effect), you can get full stacks maybe in a single quick ability from the ADC, giving them immediate power to chase, gain back the mana they lost, and give a slight boost to their attack speed. I dunno...weird item.

• Midgardian Mail (buff): Increased physical protection from 30 to 40. This is a nice buff. I like it.

• Atalanta's Bow (buff): They REALLY want this in the meta. They also still don't know how to spell their own item (says Atlanta's Bow in the notes). Anyway, 100 gold decrease, and 5% attack speed increase. Does that make it better? Yes. Does it make it an item I want to build? Still no. Want to make it more appealing? Give it 10 flat pen, and revert these new changes.

God changes:
  • Ares (buffs): Increased damage from Shackles to minions (lol still weak) and decreased mana cost at all ranks for Bolster Defenses. That one is nice, at least.

• Neith (buff): Increased base power by 3, and increased base power per level from 2.3 to 2.5. This is a shift at level 20 of 7 power. Really?

• Thor (buff): CD buff on his Berserker Barrage from 13 seconds to 11 seconds. That's a nice buff for him to help with jungle clear and jumping from enemy to enemy in a teamfight.

• Vulcan (buff): Magma Bomb gets a slight scaling buff from 70% to 80%. That could mean an extra 50+ damage with a high power build.

Seems pretty good overall. Don't know why they still haven't addressed Ullr though.

Oh wait, here it is.
  • Ullr (nerf): All of his abilities have been brought down in damage to half. This should bring him mostly in line with all other hunters. XD
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » February 7, 2018 9:11pm | Report
Thought you were serious about ullr for a minute.

I wonder if marki/bestminionbestminionever will see this post, But what do you think about the new Ne zha skin?

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » February 7, 2018 9:35pm | Report
Hockey. I'm in.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 7, 2018 10:27pm | Report
Still prefer the blue re-color skin for Ne Zha, but I guess I will throw some gems at HiRez and get it. High quality skins (looking at the pictures).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » February 8, 2018 1:06pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:
  • Ullr (nerf): All of his abilities have been brought down in damage to half. This should bring him mostly in line with all other hunters. XD
All stance-changing gods are inherently broken, in my opinion. It's like trying to balance a turn-based RPG character that can attack twice per turn.
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » February 8, 2018 2:53pm | Report
But some are more broken than others. Ullr can attack twice in a turn and twice as hard. So he's 4x stronger.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IceColdPappsi » February 8, 2018 6:32pm | Report
You see, I was with you, until you said Atalanta's Bow should get +10 pen. This was the same case with Hastened Fatalis, where they added pen, and then it became broken, and then it got removed. RIP you will be missed.

IceColdPappsi
<Master Wizard>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » February 8, 2018 6:33pm | Report
Its hard to really balance stance gods.
They are either useless or broken unless done perfectly. Which can take a while if not done carefully.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » February 8, 2018 6:41pm | Report

You see, I was with you, until you said Atalanta's Bow should get +10 pen. This was the same case with Hastened Fatalis, where they added pen, and then it became broken, and then it got removed. RIP you will be missed.

Hmmm, that's partially true...but even then, Fatalis had true full movespeed...this gets a boost but still is less than standard because of the MS penalty. I think this would work...but wouldn't know unless they did it. Right now, it just seems underpowered (or at least just doesn't have anything defining enough to make it a better choice over other existing items).
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » February 9, 2018 4:32pm | Report
Fixed the adjustment to Deathbringer. Wrote this:

The crit chance drop prevents it from becoming a 1 stop crit shop for gods that normally wouldn't pick it up, and it's definitely weaker overall than it was in S4. This works to its advantage...less people will build DB, and this means it makes people build less crit counters like Hide of the Nemean Lion or Spectral Armor, making it possibly a better situation for those that do build crit.

I think this is a good shift.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }