Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nu Wa Discussion Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Nu Wa Discussion Thread 65 posts - page 5 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 6, 2013 1:54pm | Report
fadellity wrote:

Yeah, I've seen the fog used to cover Athena ults. Verdict: surprisingly effective!

That is pretty sweet!

Had a game with her when I had like 5% of my health left and was being chased by 3 ppl at 50% ish health. I managed to fog and get a around a corner where I met Poseidon, from there I just baited them and gave the pos a nice little triple kill :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » December 6, 2013 5:37pm | Report
I think that she is a pretty balanced God. If changes happen to her, it's because of one of two things:

1. People *****ed about her too much and Hi-Rez decides to listen to them.
2. Hi-Rez decides to be stupid and unnecessarily mess with people (which they do often).

Her Fog is not overpowered, people. It's not even underpowered. 30% Movement speed is considerable, but that's not huge. Fog has a variety of purposes, from initiating to escaping to hiding someone or their abilities (a recall or Athena's Ult). But Fog has a lot of downsides too. It can group people up, which can allow for an AoE attack to do massive amounts of damage to a team. It is slower than Nu Wa so she can outrun it. And the damage is not too good.

Clay Soldiers is NOT meant to do damage, people. They are meant to be a distraction. You can use them to stop a minion wave, to distract a tower, or to distract an enemy so that you can get some damage in. There is a reason why the damage does not scale.

Whoever says that Flame Strike is OP should probably be slapped. I have seen it do about 350 damage to minions TOPS, not point-blank. It does not scale that well because Nu Wa is generally not built enough for that 60% AP contribution to do much. Rather, I like to build her basic/AP hybrid, and it works quite well. The stun is her only hard CC, really. It is also about as hard to hit as Time Rift, which I might add is difficult to hit unless there is a Stop Time taking its effect on an enemy. It is not OP. It is rather balanced. The passive is also amazing, and is probably her most effective method of wave clear.

Flame Strike on minion wave -> Clay Soldier for distraction, basic hit the wave until it's gone.

Pillars of Heaven is really balanced. If you miss it, then you're screwed. If you trap someone inside of it, then they can avoid the damage unless you dish it out yourself. And I believe that it only hits once. I'm not certain on that.

She is a balanced God, I believe.

HER VOICE PACK IS ALSO SO SEXY! I bought it since I know that I will be playing her for awhile.

Also guys, I have a poll on whether not you want me to make a guide for her. Please respond to it. You know what I am capable of guide-wise.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 6, 2013 7:31pm | Report
I don't see a reason why the damage from her Clay Soldiers shouldn't scale. It's not like summoning 5 regular minions 30 minutes into the game is going to have any practical difference. Every god is still going to ignore the damage. I know what the purpose of the ability is, but it's still silly to see them hitting for 'immune'. I'd rather see them make the minions ranged, or at least hit on par with normal minions. What I fear happenening is buffs to the passive crystal effect of the move. Take a look at Aegis Shield for my expected endgame.

No one's arguing that she's overpowered though (at least that I've seen.) I agree that she's pretty close to balanced now, which is why I fear what she'll be in two weeks once HiRez has listened to everyone complain about how weak she is.

I'm still not buying her Fog not being overpowered though. She has a team perma-stealth. You don't need to put all five teammates in there and walk next to a Zeus, you just have to have her zig zagging through a team fight. Constantly losing sight of the ADC and the assassin, even for a second, is a big deal late game. It can win fights alone. Oh, and the late game mage will always have a 30% speed buff while being the hardest god to hit with skillshots outside of a stealthed Loki too. I still expect this ability to really shine once people learn how to play her and she starts getting picked up in ranked. Just please give me a counter to stealth ;_;

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 6, 2013 7:42pm | Report
It's about time they made sentry wards reveal stealth, anyway.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aj17 » December 6, 2013 8:03pm | Report
I would like to say something about her ult that needs to be said. A lot of people seem to now be aware of the "Shake and Bake" method of using her ult, or rather what a lot of people are calling 'abusing'. Please please please guys, don't complain about this to the point where it gets "fixed" so that it cannot proc twice, and here is the reason why.

#1) Hercs ult can proc multiple times given that it bounces. Why not a similar case for her?

#2) Since her ult is not directly damaging it could use this multi proc feature to make her ult relevant, because otherwise from the matches i've played her ult is decent in a team fight but nothing to be afraid of.

#3) the fact that an enemy player taking damage from it again depends on him being CC'ed into it or being too frantic to make the correct decisions that the player themself walks through it is a mechanic that hinges on skill from either side. Skill in a moba should be rewarded, not punished (and many games in general), thus if a team is well coordinated enough to CC someone into it for multiple procs then that is player skill, Nice Job! If the players on the receiving end made a poor decision and decided walking through it after already taking damage before hand, then that player made a poor decision and as result should take the damage.

#4) this kind of goes in hand with #3; the players on the receiving end have MANY methods of avoiding the proc at their disposal, whether it be grabbing Purification Beads, Aegis Amulet(the new mobile one, its really kick ***!), Blink, or leap moves(I haven't tested this option yet but if it does not work than this is what should be fixed, NOT CHANGING HER ULTS PROPERTIES!). any player not using these mechanics to avoid the damage has only them-self to blame or it was simply a real bad time to have these options on cooldown, which in that case, that in essence is how fights should be lost outside of player skill.

SOLUTION: this is really easy guys, leave the shake and bake tactic, the way to perhaps "balance" this is by making each consecutive proc do less or even up to %50 damage of the last proc that way no one takes ridiculous unreasonable damage, but still reward plays for utilizing CC/Ults correctly.

Again, I bring this up because every time i'm in the game, someone is complaining about it or we are talking about how hi-rez might patch it soon. It really doesn't need to be patched, just refined. I hope everyone can see where I am coming from with this.

P.S. I have not, nor intend to play as Nu Wa, I have aided in the "shaking of the baking" but have not benefited from it like a Nu Wa player would have.
gUise iM goen AD Ymir, Wee gOt diS.... hue hue hue hue hue

Aj17

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 6, 2013 9:39pm | Report
@AJ, good points, but I would like a *cap* on the amount of times it can proc. Shake and Bake may very well be a method, but if they have a fenrir and, say, an ares, then what?

Not a horrible amount, just not infinite.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 7, 2013 12:35am | Report
I have a question: Why do people bother using a basic attack build on Nu Wa?

She's not Freya or Chronos. Most of the time, her basic attacks are going to be weak like any other mage. She's not Zeus, either, who requires basic attack hits before dealing his damage. So what's the point?

Even with the metal crystal's passive, she's going to be dealing less damage with her basic attacks than Freya or Chronos.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » December 7, 2013 3:56am | Report
In my opinion, she needs to do more damage. I sometimes feel that the only thing I'm getting with my 3 is a hard-as-balls to hit 1 sec stun because the damage is underwhelming. The ultimate... what can I say, people can walk out of it fearing nothing.

Clay soldiers and fog are awesome, but those damaging moves... are meh at best.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 7, 2013 4:58am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

She's not Freya or Chronos. Most of the time, her basic attacks are going to be weak like any other mage. She's not Zeus, either, who requires basic attack hits before dealing his damage. So what's the point?

Even with the metal crystal's passive, she's going to be dealing less damage with her basic attacks than Freya or Chronos.

She only really has one consistent damaging skill that is hard to hit. Her wave clear is pretty poor [comparitive to ra/pos/chang'e/isis ect.] Due to her lack of actual damage, she NEEDS consistent damage in the form of an AA build and/or CDR build. Her AA can be surprisingly damaging with 3 + 4 triggered, especially with the polynomicon. She can generally keep her fire crystal active permanently with a CDR build, so it's basically freya's splash damage permanently. Why wouldn't you take advantage of that? :p

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 7, 2013 6:00am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Together with the passive from the 3 basic attacks deals tons of damage in teamfights (and she recks in the solo lane), the fact that Demonic Grip is applied to everyone as well, gives your mage even more damage.

Nu Wa isn't really a damage mage, she is more focused on controlling fights etc.

Building full power is kind of a waste on her if you think about it.

She has 3 abilities that is effected by magical power:
The fog 10%(x8 so 80 over 8 sec)
Flame strike 60%+20% (so 80x1,5=120 on a ability that is hard to hit/easy to dodge)
Pillar of heaven 50% (just don't walk into the fence...)
So as you can see she basically got one ability that benefits from power and that ability got such a long animation and small area that it is easy to dodge, but it deals sick damage if you get good with it.

If you build for basic attack damage you just utilize her kit better, 3 gives splash damage with on hit effects (OP), the ult gives x2 damage for 10 sec (OP).

You start with Shoes of the Magi, Telkhines Ring Breastplate of Valor, Demonic Grip then you get a Obsidian Shard to get some good damage, and finish with Focused Void Stone, Rod of Tahuti or Polynomicon (poly is great in arena (get it early in arena ofc), but it isn't that good in conquest).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }