Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nu Wa Discussion Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Nu Wa Discussion Thread 65 posts - page 4 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 5, 2013 6:19pm | Report
Has nothing to do with being outplayed...it's a big circle, and a lot of skillshots are small. I played arachne, tell me exactly how to land the drain life (a targetted skillshot that I physically CANNOT use) or my very thin ult. You know an area, but sometimes it's just not possible to hit them.

Granted, you toss a zeus ult over it, you know she dead. But it's very, very useful. Especially with Water Crystal's huge movement speed buff.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 5, 2013 6:23pm | Report
You still see how the fog is moving though, 95% is pretty easy to calculate kind of like an easy version of Loki. At least I didn't have any problem hitting my stuff on the enemy Nu Wa :p
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 5, 2013 6:29pm | Report
It's hard to land a skillshot on like a 130% movement speed character though, much less one who is (even if predictably) stealthed. Have you tried landing a skillshot like Suppress The Insolent on a max level chronos? Pretty hard.

Again, it takes some quick reaction time and effort, but you can hit her. Just remember...she's able to dodge half your stuff anyway. The movement speed buff even without a stealth would let her dodge a lot, if she isn't braindead.

Only problem is most of them atm are braindead god-pack owners, the good ones will show just how nasty she can be.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 5, 2013 7:24pm | Report
I find that the Nu Wa's location isn't that hard to find. You just see where she's moving, then aim vaguely toward the center of the cloud, slightly to the side of where she is going. Of course, zigzagging solves this problem, but it comes with the notable downside of not moving very far.

Also, Nu Wa is a pretty good counter to most assassins, especially Thanatos, who will pretty much never hit you with his ultimate.

I think her one hasn't seen full potential yet since most Smite players don't have uber-coordinated teams.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 6, 2013 1:53am | Report
For the record, I'm putting down that maxing Fog might be great for damage.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NapTooN » December 6, 2013 3:51am | Report
Nu Wa's 1 is great for making a Loki rage. Everytime a Loki comes at me and uses stealth, i use my own stealth and laugh at him. Sure he can try to predict where i am, but he has only 1 try because he is revealed when he hits the mousebutton.

and its basically a permastealth even at skill-level 1 if you dont count the .4 seconds downtime (40% CDR).

NapTooN

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 6, 2013 6:50am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

For the record, I'm putting down that maxing Fog might be great for damage.

Yeah I had a Nu Wa doing that, might just have been her playing bad but it didn't go very well :P

The problem is that the damage is so slow, compared to the Flame Strike. I would just out push her so much.

But when it comes to damage it is 400 damage + 80% of your MP for 70 mana compared to 330 (if you are close) + 50 + 60% + 20% of your MP (so 380 + 80% of your MP) for 90 mana. But on top of that you get the OP passive so IMO Flame Strike is better. :)

I went 3>4>2>1 when I played solo with her, and that worked pretty good :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by fadellity » December 6, 2013 9:58am | Report
To be honest, I think she's almost balanced.

As for her fog, I don't think it's op at all. The damage on her fog isn't high, she is revealed one she attacks, and, like mentioned before, any AoE in the fog has a chance of hitting multiple targets. In a team fight, it's just a giant bullseye for any AoE.

Her clay minions are pretty weak to be honest, and I think they'll definitely be getting a buff. Even so, they don't really do much, and don't pose a huge threat.

Her flame strike is relatively balanced. It has decent damage and a stun, but this is balanced by the fact that it's a pain in the *** to land.

Her ult is very balanced. The damage isn't astronomical, and it is possible to avoid (unless you get wombo comboed like in the Fenrir video).

The reason I think she's balanced is that I have gone up against her multiple times, and each time the fight has been fair. Sometimes she comes out on top, and sometimes I do. I solo lane with Guan Yu a lot, and when I solo laned against her four times I dominated her three times but then got dominated once. I'm not an incredibly good player, but these four games tell me that she is balanced. She has just as much chance as any god for winning or losing her lane.

The only thing op about her is how distracting it is to go up against her cuz she's HOT.

fadellity

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 6, 2013 12:15pm | Report
fadellity wrote:

To be honest, I think she's almost balanced.

As for her fog, I don't think it's op at all. The damage on her fog isn't high, she is revealed one she attacks, and, like mentioned before, any AoE in the fog has a chance of hitting multiple targets. In a team fight, it's just a giant bullseye for any AoE.

Her clay minions are pretty weak to be honest, and I think they'll definitely be getting a buff. Even so, they don't really do much, and don't pose a huge threat.

Her flame strike is relatively balanced. It has decent damage and a stun, but this is balanced by the fact that it's a pain in the *** to land.

Her ult is very balanced. The damage isn't astronomical, and it is possible to avoid (unless you get wombo comboed like in the Fenrir video).

The reason I think she's balanced is that I have gone up against her multiple times, and each time the fight has been fair. Sometimes she comes out on top, and sometimes I do. I solo lane with Guan Yu a lot, and when I solo laned against her four times I dominated her three times but then got dominated once. I'm not an incredibly good player, but these four games tell me that she is balanced. She has just as much chance as any god for winning or losing her lane.

The only thing op about her is how distracting it is to go up against her cuz she's HOT.

I think you are right, there might be some tweaking (IMO on the fog, and make the ult just able to hit a few times. The infinite damage from the fen combo is kind of dumb). But overall she seems pretty balanced and the fog is a super fun mechanic :D

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by fadellity » December 6, 2013 1:15pm | Report

I think you are right, there might be some tweaking (IMO on the fog, and make the ult just able to hit a few times. The infinite damage from the fen combo is kind of dumb). But overall she seems pretty balanced and the fog is a super fun mechanic :D

Yeah, I've seen the fog used to cover Athena ults. Verdict: surprisingly effective!

fadellity

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }