Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nu Wa Discussion Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Nu Wa Discussion Thread 65 posts - page 6 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriwych » December 7, 2013 6:07am | Report
Aj17 wrote:

I would like to say something about her ult that needs to be said. A lot of people seem to now be aware of the "Shake and Bake" method of using her ult, or rather what a lot of people are calling 'abusing'. Please please please guys, don't complain about this to the point where it gets "fixed" so that it cannot proc twice, and here is the reason why.

#1) Hercs ult can proc multiple times given that it bounces. Why not a similar case for her?

#2) Since her ult is not directly damaging it could use this multi proc feature to make her ult relevant, because otherwise from the matches i've played her ult is decent in a team fight but nothing to be afraid of.

#3) the fact that an enemy player taking damage from it again depends on him being CC'ed into it or being too frantic to make the correct decisions that the player themself walks through it is a mechanic that hinges on skill from either side. Skill in a moba should be rewarded, not punished (and many games in general), thus if a team is well coordinated enough to CC someone into it for multiple procs then that is player skill, Nice Job! If the players on the receiving end made a poor decision and decided walking through it after already taking damage before hand, then that player made a poor decision and as result should take the damage.

#4) this kind of goes in hand with #3; the players on the receiving end have MANY methods of avoiding the proc at their disposal, whether it be grabbing Purification Beads, Aegis Amulet(the new mobile one, its really kick ***!), Blink, or leap moves(I haven't tested this option yet but if it does not work than this is what should be fixed, NOT CHANGING HER ULTS PROPERTIES!). any player not using these mechanics to avoid the damage has only them-self to blame or it was simply a real bad time to have these options on cooldown, which in that case, that in essence is how fights should be lost outside of player skill.

SOLUTION: this is really easy guys, leave the shake and bake tactic, the way to perhaps "balance" this is by making each consecutive proc do less or even up to %50 damage of the last proc that way no one takes ridiculous unreasonable damage, but still reward plays for utilizing CC/Ults correctly.

Again, I bring this up because every time i'm in the game, someone is complaining about it or we are talking about how hi-rez might patch it soon. It really doesn't need to be patched, just refined. I hope everyone can see where I am coming from with this.

P.S. I have not, nor intend to play as Nu Wa, I have aided in the "shaking of the baking" but have not benefited from it like a Nu Wa player would have.

This is mostly a joke right?
    1) Herc Ult isn't comparable one bit to Nu Wa's. I can't pick up a player with Fenrir and run along side the ball.

2) Her Ult forces a player to either stay inside the zone (hello Athena/Zues/Pos etc to force them out) and risk not taking any damage, or run through the lines and take a decent hit, maybe even two if you do it as they run away and line it up.
    To say grabbing a player and spinning them in circles take skill is great. Seriously? This is skill now? IMO unless Fenrir or Nu Wa have a guaranteed kill by using their Ult without comboing with each other then it is flat out bad play on their part. There is absolutely no skill involved, just a bad play if not done this way.

3) CDR does not effect Actives. This puts said player (who is being ganked) in an "every other" situation where they die because their beads/aegis/combat (which you failed to mention, as it is a huge CD) blink is still on CD. Any Nu Wa who doesn't run CDR at this point should look at point 2. It is just bad play.

Solution? This is even easier - make it so a player can't be "picked up" (keyword) and ran through the lines of her Ult. This still allows a Herc, Tyr, Batz etc to use an ability to "push" an enemy God through the Ult. I'd be fine if Ares' Ult worked this way as well, as the likely-hood of even "dragging" or "pulling" a player/players through the Ult more than once would be difficult.

Getting an assist still gives a player a gold bonus, so yes, you have benefited by doing the "Shake n' Bake".

Kriwych

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aj17 » December 7, 2013 11:23am | Report
No I am sincere with this, but maybe I should explain better so here I go.

In response to your 1st point, while it is true that fen cannot abuse this, my point is that Hercs ball has been made in such a way where it can multi-proc given the correct parameter, the maximum use of this it the herc and odin ultstack regardless of if odin and herc are allies this is a good example of his ult not being ridiculous across the board but instead if herc is playing in a match with odin, he has the potential to utilize his ult in maximum efficiency and so I am relating situation such as this to the fen and nu wa comp. If fen and nu wa are not in the same game AND even on the same team this her ult will ,in theory, not be used to maximum potential (not to say it cant be effectively used under other circumstances) this ideal sense of balance is only being achieved if nu wa's ult doesn't proc for max damage each hit, instead damage must be reduced. if each hit it is halved every time then the encounter is that much less broken: 450 first proc -> 225 next -> 112.5 next (and perhaps even stop at three procs at max) that would mean roughly 800 damage was done all together from her ult (these numbers are coming from a maxed nu wa ult ,so 300 dmg + 50% of a magic power pool of about 500, certainly achievable and quite excessive even depending on the player)

an ao -> fen ult would be well over 1000, so given my method of balancing I think that's fine given her ult comp's potential damage would be less than other mages coupled with fen's ult.

in your 2nd, I sincerely believe that if you are being ult stacked by athena, nu wa, a third member for the use of athena's ult, you would almost definitely be dead without allies to support you or escapes/aegis of your own. any of your suggested mage comps would be grim situation, so I feel that doesn't represent her ult as broken, just good synergy in a team scenario.

As for your 3rd point, i'm really sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to get across their. it's not your fault I just don't understand and could only guess, I am sorry.

Also about nu wa and fen comp not taking skill, I will admit the process of it isn't very skilled based, but my counter argument to it is zeus and odin ult takes even less skill than that, the margin for error is so large its laughable. so for that I would like to bring up that it however is still a team oriented tactic, and that in a moba is also fair play, IMO.

I apologize for the lengthy response and poop-tier essay structure...
gUise iM goen AD Ymir, Wee gOt diS.... hue hue hue hue hue

Aj17

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 7, 2013 11:49am | Report
I'd still prefer the idea of just adding a max cap to ult procs...like, possible 3ish. Again, if they have an Ares and a Fenrir, you're absolutely screwed, and you're going to take a LOT of damage, probably instantaneous death, from the ults.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aj17 » December 7, 2013 12:07pm | Report
from nu wa and ares alone? or other people ult stacking on that? I'm not understanding how ares and nu wa is a instakill.
gUise iM goen AD Ymir, Wee gOt diS.... hue hue hue hue hue

Aj17

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » December 7, 2013 1:04pm | Report
Nu Wa's ult seems like the ****ty version of odin's to me.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 7, 2013 1:44pm | Report
Aj, you can only beads one thing. If you're getting both beads and aegis, the CD's simply won't be up. There's little counterplay potential when the only way to stop the wombo combo - actives - don't have the CD necessary. My example was ares and fenrir - you HAVE to save your beads for ares, but then the now-infamous Fenrir/NuWa combo can take hold. Obviously this is a very specific circumstance, but it's merely an example for why unlimited ult procs should not be a factor - people aren't going to proc it many times anyway, so the only way for it to occur is through a gimmick that doesn't leave much counterplay potential.

I'm not asking for a damage nerf in any way, just a cap on the amount of times it can be triggered.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » December 7, 2013 1:51pm | Report
I have found out that it does proc more than once. How do I know?

A Kali on Domination (Where Nu Wa wrecks, I might add) decided to constantly fight me head-on. Every time I dropped Pillars of Heaven and she activated her Ult, Kali would continue to go through the gates and take damage. Needless to say, I wrecked her **** every time.

It can hit more than once, but it is entirely dependent on how many times someone goes through the gates.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » December 7, 2013 2:00pm | Report
only problem i have found with multi proc is you can bait the mino in and out

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 7, 2013 2:36pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

I have found out that it does proc more than once. How do I know?

A Kali on Domination (Where Nu Wa wrecks, I might add) decided to constantly fight me head-on. Every time I dropped Pillars of Heaven and she activated her Ult, Kali would continue to go through the gates and take damage. Needless to say, I wrecked her **** every time.

It can hit more than once, but it is entirely dependent on how many times someone goes through the gates.

The thing we are talking about is the "shake and bake" combo with Fenrir
/smite/skill/universe-ring-toss-168
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » December 7, 2013 2:42pm | Report

The thing we are talking about is the "shake and bake" combo with Fenrir
/smite/skill/universe-ring-toss-168

The point is, they'll waste 2 ults to kill one person. I might not have played this new patch, neither tried Nu Wa, but imagine the ''Shake and Bake'' combo on a Team fight.

It sounds stupid. May be good on a 2v1 situation, but on a team fight, it's stupid.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }