Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nu Wa Discussion Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Nu Wa Discussion Thread 65 posts - page 1 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 4, 2013 11:48pm | Report
Exactly what the title says. Discuss the latest goddess here, folks.

I'll also record my predictions for posterity:

Passive: Meh. +10 Hp5 is sad.

1: Fog will be getting a nerf soon probably, since 95% of Nu Wa's speed is still pretty fast, not to mention the ability to speed up her entire team b 30% for 10 seconds (Hello Sivir)...I say it'd be OP.

2: Clay Soldier will be virtually useless except for tanking towers. I predict a buff.

3: Flame Strike: It stuns, deals massive damage, AND gives an AoE polynomicon. I don't care if it has to be from point-blank range, I think this is second-worst of her abilities in terms of balance. Predict nerf.

4: Easily the most balanced thing about her. In fact, I think it'll be getting a small change to the metal crystal's effect, since doubled basic attack damage doesn't mean much, especially since it doesn't work with Polynomicon.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 5, 2013 12:28am | Report
Her model looks amazing... like damn. Who's Aphro again? That's my first reaction :)

Gameplay wise, I'll wait and see how it plays out, but I'm scared. She might be like Zhong Kui in that she's not great in casuals, but get to a high level where people know how to abuse stuff like a team wide stealth and she's too strong to not ban. I really don't see how her 1 can both stealth her whole team, and have there be no stealth counter in the game. One of those is gonna change pretty soon.

Her scaling is kind of low, but she has so much utility that I have to think she's going to be strong. The cooldowns on her 1 and ult are scary, especially since she'll probably have max CDR at all times. Her 1 is down for .4 seconds every 8 seconds with max CDR...

I guess you can't expect anyone to be balanced on release, I just hope she's viable, not another god that needs picked or banned in every game. There are too many of those right now.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » December 5, 2013 12:31am | Report
Well, Clay soldiers can be used as arachne's spiders early game to take camps. Maybe she will be able to solo FG later in the game or something,I don't know.

The fog could be great in teamfights, but I don't reeeally see it working when laning. We'll see.

I like flame strike and I don't know why it should be nerfed. Looking at Nu Wa movepool, she NEEDS something to do damage with, so her (mostly) only attack might as well be a strong one. Also, getting closer with a mage is kinda hard. If you lane against Ao Kuang or something I say Nu Wa will be kinda useless: Clay soldiers destroyed by tornadoes, Nu Wa herself zoned, enemies will be able to see fog (I guess) so he can throw tornadoes in your general direction.

The ult... I don't even care. Good damage dealer and zoning.

The passive... I don't really care either.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SuperTibzz » December 5, 2013 1:31am | Report
Clay Soldiers seems very weak. Since it only summons 1 or 2 soldiers at first it won't be much good for early wave clear, and then later on they only do 20 damage per hit and don't even slow or anything, so it's about as close as you can get to a do-nothing ability in a teamfight situation.

Fire Strike is strong but it's her only real damage so I don't see her being nearly as scary as already-existing gods like Zeus or He Bo. Really the main attraction would be the team stealth effect, but since you can still see the fog even if not the people in it enemy gods can still AoE it if they want, or just run away from it til it goes away. Using it to hide from wards however, is potentially very strong for ganks. We'll see how good it really is. I think she will come down to how good the Fog ability ends up being, as nothing else about her sounds remotely OP at first look.

Also, she's REALLY HOTT. I approve of this aspect.

SuperTibzz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » December 5, 2013 1:41am | Report
I have to say, using her 3+4+poly will do massive damage.

Fire crystal grant her some kind of golden bow-ish ability for auto attacks, and her metal or whatever one, 2x damage to auto attacks..

Couple that with poly and you have an amazing auto attack.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » December 5, 2013 3:41am | Report
People seem to be overexaggerating the power of her Fog.

First off, only Nu Wa gains movespeed from it, since it's her passive. Nobody else gets that 30% speed buff.

Second, the stealth is only applied to allies while they're inside the fog. The moment you step out, you're visible again. The fog, which is a 20ft radius circle, the same size as a Tangled Web. Many AoE skills can cover most, if not more of that area the fog obscures. If Agni decides to Rain Fire at that fog cloud and three of your teammates are hiding in it, guess what? Agni just hit three people with just one shot.

You're not really hidden when everyone sees a big cloud moving around. It's like you're riding around in a bus, people can't see you from outside but they know someone's in there.

Contrast this to Loki's Vanish. He disappears entirely, with no hint as to his possible location except for sounds. Prediction is the only way to really counter this, or just moving into a position where you'll be safer and he'll feel less inclined to attack you.

The purpose of her fog isn't won't be so much sneaking around (though you might be able to bypass wards if they aren't Tier 3 Eye of Providence wards, so much as it will be to move faster and harass carries who won't be able to see where you are once you're in their face. It's also a mean escape tool thanks to the passive speed increase and applying damage to the enemy should they chase you in it.

Will Fog be good? Yes. Is it a broken team stealth tool? Not by a longshot.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 5, 2013 4:16am | Report
Sunfall wrote:
You're not really hidden when everyone sees a big cloud moving around. It's like you're riding around in a bus, people can't see you from outside but they know someone's in there.

Already imagining a new skin for her, fog retextured to be a bus and she wears a teacher outfit.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 5, 2013 4:29am | Report
Er, Sunfall, it is in fact a speed aura.

Copypasta'd from the Nu Wa Patch 5th December thread:

"Fog
Nu Wa condenses moisture into fog at her location which follows her at 95% of her movement speed for 8s. She and all allies are stealthed while inside the fog. Attacking breaks the stealth effect. Enemies caught inside the fog cloud are slowly choked for 10/20/30/40/50 (+10% of her magical power) magical damage every second. This ability also activates Nu Wa's Water Crystal, granting her an increased move speed aura.
Water Crystal Bonus - 10/15/20/25/30% Move Speed
Cost - 70, Cooldown 14s, Fog Radius 20 ft"

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » December 5, 2013 5:24am | Report
New Chronos arrived .

She's fun to play so far .I would've liked 10% lifesteal instead of 10 hp5 but it's fine this way too .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 5, 2013 7:22am | Report
Report: Her snake form is glitched; crystal durations do not refresh and the character model's lower half is missing.

Also, her basic attacks aren't as strong as you might expect. Neither the metal crystal nor the Golden Bow trigger Polynomicon.

Honestly, the idea of having stuff like Demonic Grip is pointless - just build power.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }