Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nu Wa Discussion Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Nu Wa Discussion Thread 65 posts - page 7 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 7, 2013 3:04pm | Report
This whole debate is kind of pointless; if you get grabbed by Fenrir when your beads are down, you're probably dead regardless of what else is going on, unless you're a tank. Same with Ares and the other ults that people get actives specifically to avoid. All this talk about beads being down and hitting people with ults is standard gameplay stuff. You're supposed to ult focus people when their beads are down, and stacking people like Athena, Wukong and Fenrir, all who make people blow beads, is a legitimate strategy.

The Fen/Nu Wa combo will be taken out because it's cheesy and can be abused to kill the tank, which no other ult combo can do alone. If you want free kills on people, just have Fen ult them and bring them to any character. You shouldn't get free kills on tanks without real focus.

Also, Nu Wa is really freaking good at peeling. Fog breaks all channeled abilities like Brutalize, and she can get someone out of pretty much any engagement between her 1, 3 and 4. I don't like squishy supports, but she might actually have potential there. HoG3 on the bruiser seems to be getting more popular, so maybe some comps 'could' fit a squishy support.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aj17 » December 7, 2013 5:57pm | Report
Well to me it sounds like we are slowly approaching a general consensus.

Nu Wa's ult Change: only procs up to 3(possibly 5 times if you have a very good reason) with the following procs doing half damage every time.

my hopes are the community can see potential in the shake and bake but agree to fix the problem as apposed to hi-rez's usual solution. taking the ban hammer to her face...
(not that causing the damage on her ult to proc 60 times a second is anything but game breaking and stupid, it needs to be fixed of course)

In general I wanna work towards seeing smart tweaks to fix character rather that increasing and decreasing stats or scaling and such (mmmm dat odin tweak X3 <3)
gUise iM goen AD Ymir, Wee gOt diS.... hue hue hue hue hue

Aj17

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriwych » December 7, 2013 9:16pm | Report
I'd love to see how upset an enemy Fenrir would be if my own Nu Wa Ally managed to place her Ult in the exact same location, everytime, the opposing Nu Wa Ulted. I doubt you'd be as eager to sit in the pool and think about how cheesy the "Shake n' Bake" combo is.

Kriwych

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 9, 2013 4:40am | Report
Kriwych wrote:

I'd love to see how upset an enemy Fenrir would be if my own Nu Wa Ally managed to place her Ult in the exact same location, everytime, the opposing Nu Wa Ulted. I doubt you'd be as eager to sit in the pool and think about how cheesy the "Shake n' Bake" combo is.

That doesn't really matter considering how Nu Wa's ult works though. It only damages when you pass trough the wall, not when you stand still in it. (as far as I know). The way it works with Fenrir is that you move your mouse from left to right vigorously, and by such moving your head and your prey in it from left to right respectively passing the wall every time.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » December 9, 2013 5:26am | Report
Alright. My two cents on her:

I like how she ended up. Less mage, more support, but enough mage to let her lane by herself. She can be built both tanky and mage, and really acts as a true support than any other god here.

The one mistake I see people doing with her is going duo, then building her mage. She's not like Hel and others in that you need to build damage to be useful: in this case, she'd be better tanky. Instead, they build her mage and leech my poor Cupid's farm. D:.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }