Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nu Wa Discussion Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Nu Wa Discussion Thread 65 posts - page 2 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 5, 2013 9:12am | Report
Day 1 reaction; still scared. The general feeling everyone seems to have is that she's underpowered. The last god that was 'underpowered' on release was Mercury...

Incoming Bacchus stun on her 1, knock up on her 2 and damage buff on everything?

Oh, and she's still extremely hot.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 5, 2013 9:29am | Report
She has pretty much no damage. I was actually wondering if she was support since her kit was so defensive. Honestly, this god felt kinda rushed and I would have liked another week of downtime for a better god.

She has exactly one damage skill, and it's kinda weak unless you use it at close range, but the delay is so long and the radius is so short you pretty much are never going to hit anyone who's paying attention.

Everything else is weak. Go check out the reveal video, all the Nu Wa does in the example clips is use her stun, her ultimate for zoning, and that's literally it. The clay soldiers and fog never become significant. Hell, if you look carefully you see that she never 100-0's someone, always picking off weaker enemies and securing kills.

And unlike Mercury, I can't see a good future for her unless she's buffed. She has the kit of a support tank with the squishiness of a mage. Mercury could still kill people without help before his buff.

And yes, she's like Aphrodite , but with more dignity.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 5, 2013 9:43am | Report
She does feel weak... but she has so much utility, and she's still great late game once she has most of her build done. No one really knows how to build her yet, or even what role she should play since she does so many different things. Merc was a worse case scenario where they buffed an already good character to the sky because people didn't know how to play him. I'm just scared of that happening again.

I could see a buff on her 2 since it's so weak/borderline useless, but I want to see what her ideal role/build is first. The minions should probably at least scale damage wise like normal minions. Seeing 'immune' on their attacks from mid game on is kind of silly.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 5, 2013 9:47am | Report
The biggest problem seems to be the lack of synergy between her abilities. The passive is there to induce artificial synergy via her passives, but that doesn't change the fact that her moves don't flow into one another. Mercury did have synergy, but most didn't see it.

Ao Kuang is an example of having a non synergized kit, but each ability has its uses and can stand on its own. Nu Was does not.

Her only hard CC is a 1 second stun that deals little damage outside of point blank range, so forget jungle ganks.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 5, 2013 10:00am | Report
I can see that. The two auto attack buffs definitely seem wasted when you build her standard mage. I wouldn't mind seeing a different passive on her 4 or a buff to her 2... I'd just feel much better about buffing her if there was a counter to stealth in the game. Her 1 still scares the hell out of me once it starts getting coordinated by good teams.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » December 5, 2013 10:01am | Report
Those clay soldiers look interesting for jungle, I'll try them out. >w<

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 5, 2013 10:20am | Report
I can't wait to play this ***** in the jungle :P

telkhines ring op much?
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Adamemnon » December 5, 2013 10:39am | Report
I can honestly say I think she is the worst god on release in a long time, massively under-powered and massively over-hyped by people who probably haven't used her yet.

She really is bad, everyone playing at the minute is agreeing in lobbies, she's already dropping off on the insta-picks you get at god launches.

Just came out of a match using her in solo lane, I was genuinely embarrassed by how little I could do vs. their Guan Yu, his 3 did 50% to me with breastplate even and in return I could tickle him at best (he just stood there and laughed at her pitiful AA damage).

The only OP thing about her is how hot she is, first to rival Isis ;P

Adamemnon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » December 5, 2013 10:56am | Report
Too bad the fog can be seen no matter what you do .Other than this , the speed buff is sensational, that + Hastened Fatalis + troll Rod of Asclepius I feel like Chronos .Carries and assasins don't stand a chance when I'm in the fog .Not to mention it's a great way to lead a team mate into the fight or get him out from it .The fog won't always keep up with me when chasing/running , but I guess I cannot be seen anyway .

The soldiers are awesome . Really , I first thought they will be useless and when playing Nu Wa the 2 on my keyboard will be full of spider webs .It's not .It's a great skill for clearing camps, stop minions from entering the portal and an amazing block against carries/Freya/chronos and even assassins/warriors at times .

Her 3 is good but not great .The delay makes it a bit hard to hit and I miss it sometimes .But once I got it will result in a kill with Polynomicon's help .
The passive triggered by her 3 however is a great waveclear .

Her ultimate is also good to great , but getting a sure kill will neer some cc for it early game when the slow is not enough to keep the poor guy in long enough .Love the cooldown anyway .

It's not what I've expected at first .I expected a support god and I got another Chronos , a more unique god .

Overall , nice job Hi-rez , but I still hate you for nerfing Chang'e .

SHORT VERSION :
-awesome&fun abilities
-very fun to play

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 5, 2013 11:14am | Report

That is one big fat wombocombo (hopefully it will be nerfed so you can only get hit like once or twice) :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }