Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New "meta" builds for physical Solo laners?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » New "meta" builds for physical Solo laners? 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vini_sds » April 10, 2019 9:00am | Report
So, I guess you guys already know that I look up for Deathwalker (PK's Solo laner in the SPL) when it comes to builds and strategies for Solo. Very well, this week he started streaming again after he moved to the US, and someone asked him about builds for physical Solo laners, and this was his resposnse: Twitch Clip

I couldn't get his whole train of thought in the clip due to time limitations, but you get the main idea. You can also watch the VOD if you really want to.

For those who can't watch for any reason, DW stated that THE build for physical Solo laners in this meta is:

Warrior's Blessing
Gladiator's Shield/ Berserker's Shield (Depends if ability or aa based)
Warrior Tabi
Blackthorn Hammer
Void Shield
Runic Shield/ Oni Hunter's Garb/ Genji's Guard/ Shogun's Kusari/ Bulwark of Hope (Any of these works)
Hide of the Urchin/ Mantle of Discord
Situationals

Now, if we take a look at the Solo builds that are being used in the SPL, we'll see that, excluding counter items, the build structure is very similar or even the same that DW listed on his stream.

With this in mind, I want to open the discussion with you, my favorite theory crafters when it comes to Smite builds :p. Will we start to see more "cookie cutter" builds for physical Solo laners, like we do with Mages and Hunters?

Vini_sds
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » April 10, 2019 9:07am | Report
I want to know about Asi and Ichaival. When this items should be built? Transcendence, tabi, Asi is worth? Ichaival is better early (until 4th item) or later?

EDIT: I'm not talking about Solo I was asking on ADCs :p

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Supportable » April 10, 2019 9:58am | Report
Until we see a reduction in stats for the super strong meta items right now ( Gladiator's Shield and Blackthorn Hammer) or an increase in stats of alternatives, cookie cutter builds are going to be common. I'd rarely if ever get Ichaival or Asi on anyone, but Chaac could use Ichaival with his 3 and it would synergize

Supportable
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » April 10, 2019 10:21am | Report
I think Chaac would do better with Witchblade than Ich.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vini_sds » April 10, 2019 10:23am | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

I want to know about Asi and Ichaival. When this items should be built? Transcendence, tabi, Asi is worth? Ichaival is better early (until 4th item) or later?

Wait, Asi and Ichaival on physical Solo laners? I don't see it being used at all, honestly.

Well, maybe Ichaival by some AA Warriors or to counter those. It's a possibility.

Vini_sds
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 10, 2019 10:26am | Report
I'd say Deathwalker was being very general (had to be, unless he wanted to go incredibly in-depth with individual gods and specific matchups and team comps). Overall, that definitely is a solid cookie-cutter go-to for most physical solos. He didn't give exact direction for the Boots replacement, seems like he basically said "whatever else you need" in that last slot.

Obviously, if magical solo / more magical threat, you'd likely build magical D before Void Shield. He also didn't mention Pestilence, and that is still a functional item you can consider against a healing magical solo, and especially if the enemy comp contains multiple self/group healers.

If you look at his build direction, you'll note he's not following that exact pattern. Many times, he's skipped Blackthorn Hammer and rushed Void Shield. Sometimes he's gotten Hide of the Urchin significantly before his cookie-cutter build. He's added in Spirit Robe, Magi's Cloak, and Hastened Katana depending on god.

So I'd say it's a good direction, but like anything, you're better off if you can mold a build to the needs of the specific match / matchup / god.

Stuke has been offering cookie-cutter solo builds for forever. It's never one-size-fits-all, but you can generally have success with this itemization.

For very specific gods, more CDR is obviously a thing. For example, Guan, I think, doesn't fit into this build direction. He can make it work, but he'll struggle a lot more. While Blackthorn is definitely a core item, he also wants much more early CDR, so I'd think Breastplate of Valor would be prioritized over Void Shield, for example (also because he has protection shred in his 3). He also might not want Gladiator's Shield, because he has his own healing, and he won't be getting the Glad passive often enough to be that worthwhile.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » April 10, 2019 10:56am | Report
Vini_sds wrote:

Wait, Asi and Ichaival on physical Solo laners? I don't see it being used at all, honestly.

Well, maybe Ichaival by some AA Warriors or to counter those. It's a possibility.

Of course not, I'm talking on ADCs :p. Who da hell builds Asi on a solo laner? Erlang?

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vini_sds » April 10, 2019 1:10pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Obviously, if magical solo / more magical threat, you'd likely build magical D before Void Shield. He also didn't mention Pestilence, and that is still a functional item you can consider against a healing magical solo, and especially if the enemy comp contains multiple self/group healers.

Well, yes, I know that he meant that the example build is for a scenario with 3 physicals and 2 magicals, and I also said that this build din't took counter items into consideration.

Branmuffin17 wrote:

For very specific gods, more CDR is obviously a thing. For example, Guan, I think, doesn't fit into this build direction. He can make it work, but he'll struggle a lot more. While Blackthorn is definitely a core item, he also wants much more early CDR, so I'd think Breastplate of Valor would be prioritized over Void Shield, for example (also because he has protection shred in his 3). He also might not want Gladiator's Shield, because he has his own healing, and he won't be getting the Glad passive often enough to be that worthwhile.

Yes, he mentioned Guan when explaining about these items. He said that he needs more CDR somewhere else.

xmysterionz wrote:
Of course not, I'm talking on ADCs :p. Who da hell builds Asi on a solo laner? Erlang?

Goddammit, Myst. I'm talking about Solo and you start talking about ADC builds??

Vini_sds
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » April 10, 2019 2:38pm | Report
Sorry :p, Nobody cares about Solo :v

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vini_sds » April 10, 2019 2:41pm | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

Sorry :p, Nobody cares about Solo :v

Well, nobody cares about Cupid either, but here we are :v

Vini_sds
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }