Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

LMPN: Items - Final Vote

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » LMPN: Items - Final Vote 33 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 7, 2014 12:29am | Report
We're finished with the Let's Make Patch Notes - Items, and this is the final step of that. We're here to refine the suggestions we made.

Here's a list of the things that need to be refined:

Gem of Isolation/Gem of Binding/Frostbound Hammer/Frostbound Amulet (Finished, Inconclusive)

Breastplate of Valor (Finished, Inconclusive)

Gauntlet of Thebes

Golden Bow

Note: I will add more later, once we are done with these issues.

List of Finished Items

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 7, 2014 12:31am | Report
For Gem, I vote for options 1 and 2.

For Breastplate of Valor, I vote for both, 65 protections and 20% CDR.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » March 7, 2014 4:20am | Report
For Valor I'd say 55 protection and keep the 25 cdr.

For the slows I don't get no.1: What if it's Guan's ***ualt, where it hits more than once? I think it may not be possible for that.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 7, 2014 5:00am | Report
For multihits, the slow gets reduced. Its basically the opposite of option 4, instead of a slow that gets stronger with multiple hits, it gets weaker.

I did that so a Tornadoes won't lock down an entire team.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 8, 2014 4:51am | Report
For Gem: 2 & 4
Breastplate: 55 protection. I just feel that with the recent buff the Chronos' Pendant, slightly reducing the protections is fine.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 8, 2014 11:19am | Report
Damn, we really need more people voting on this, because our answers have been everywhere.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 8, 2014 11:35am | Report
I don't vote for a nerf to the CDR on breastplate. Reducing it to 20%, with boots, gives you 35% CDR. Where are you going to logically get 5% from? Just leave it at 25%. It's protections is fine for me. Breastplate was never necessarily OP, Chronos pendant was just UP. Now they're fine.

Polynomicon, I'd like to see that base and scaling. I juts don't want it broken early game and worthless late game, and vice versa. And first attack, not first hit, is going to ruin the item.

The change to Telkhine's and Mystic Mark are pretty much null. You're talking 10 damage per hit or per second late game. That's really nothing. I mean it does need to scale, but that's meh.

For the slows, I vote option 3.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 8, 2014 3:09pm | Report
I'd rather see CDR as a whole to be nerfed. It's a bit too efficient of a stat for me. Why should a mage get Breastplate of Valor and pretty much the same defenses as Hide of the Nemean Lion?

It wrecks item balance. No one ever bothers with Midgardian Mail or Hide of the Nemean Lion or Mail of Renewal because CDR has become one of the strongest gold-per-unit stats in the game, and it does so much. It increases damage, it increases survivability, it reduces your downtime between bursts, on top of the stats you already get from the item.

Maybe you're right. Maybe it's the other items that need a buff.

But I'd rather see less survivability on mages over more. That's why I want to nerf Breastplate of Valor, and why I am fine with Chronos' Pendant. Because mages like Agni and Scylla and Ao Kuang do not need 75 protections on top of dealing stupidly high damage and strong CC.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 8, 2014 6:14pm | Report
Agree on breastplate, either reduce CDR to 15% or reduce protection to 50 or do both and reduce cost by 50 or 100 gold

Edit: i would like to mention reinforced boots too. They are too expensive to buy. They were my favorite with tanks but now hav hardly seen people buildin it.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 12, 2014 4:29pm | Report
Okay...moving on. I'm just going to put Gem of Isolation and Frostbound Hammer as "Inconclusive: No Majority Reached."

Gauntlet of Thebes Time!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }