Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

LMPN: Items - Final Vote

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » LMPN: Items - Final Vote 33 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 12, 2014 9:09pm | Report
For gauntlet of thebes Increase HP5 to 25 at max rank, base health 500 maxing upto 800. Make it a useful tank item.

Edit: make passive increase health by 200. Or increase hp5 by 5 and mp5 by 10
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 13, 2014 12:15am | Report
Still worried about not only the further polynomicon nerf, but the fact that it's first basic attack HIT
(especially for melee tanks that run it since it has base damage, and melee is a weird thing)

For thebes, I think it was good in its previous state - it's basically Warmog's Armor, lots of health for NO other gain - it just gave TOO Much health. I think reduced scalings would make it absolutely fine.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 13, 2014 12:37am | Report
For poly i guess the passive can be modified with reduced bonus damage but must apply to every basic attack. I dont like the idea of passives applying after every few seconds. It makes one guess always whether bonus damage would crit or not. Soulreaver is different bcz it is related with all abilities including ulti.
Fun and Heart
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 13, 2014 1:03am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Still worried about not only the further polynomicon nerf, but the fact that it's first basic attack HIT
(especially for melee tanks that run it since it has base damage, and melee is a weird thing)

For thebes, I think it was good in its previous state - it's basically Warmog's Armor, lots of health for NO other gain - it just gave TOO Much health. I think reduced scalings would make it absolutely fine.

For Poly, well, for melee, the new Target "Box" System makes it nearly impossible to miss with a basic (Target has a giant red box over him when within range), and for ranged basics, well, whenever I play Athena jungle, I rarely miss with Reach.

Uh, for Thebes, do you mean the very first, "worst item int he game" state, or the other "reach health cap by level 15" state?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 13, 2014 1:08am | Report
Here's a thought: Poly becomes 50% of MP + 3 x level, but can apply once every 2 seconds instead of 4. Rewards those with good timing, but still reduces the ridiculous burst you could get from gods like Agni or Ao Kuang.

Edit: Oh, and I'll put Poly as "Base Damage + %, timing and on-hit mechanic inconclusive."

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 13, 2014 1:08am | Report
I meant the 2nd state was fine - just a buttload of health. But it was TOO much health. Just tone it down.

And I don't care about hitboxes, in a full skillshot game it's already hard enough to land an auto attack, it shouldn't be that hard to use poly when they already nerfed the damage AND the gap between uses AND now your proposal. If it only has one attack of use, take out the internal cooldown altogether. Sure it makes it nukey but it's fixing the problem of never being able to use it ever.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 13, 2014 1:19am | Report
I guess that'll work.

As for health multipliers, eh, I'm worried about it being either useless or overpowered, and it's rather difficult to balance these things. For example, Plated Greaves. If 5% Damage Reduction was too little, and 10% was too much, where do you draw the line? 10% bonus health? 12%? 8%?

I'll add in the health multiplier as an option.

Personally, I'll go for option 2. (I predict this will be another indecisive one.)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 13, 2014 4:16am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:
Personally, I'll go for option 2. (I predict this will be another indecisive one.)

HAHA! I vote for 2 as well!

My only worry is seeing it being combined with Ethereal Staff and warlock's sash for Mages. Imagine Zhong Kui. So we can just make it in the same branch of Ethereal Staff so that these two won't be built in the same build.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 13, 2014 4:57am | Report
I dont think reaching heath cap with items like thebes and ethereal staff is gonna be a trouble bcz without protections health doesn't count much yes it shall be a lot of fun to play with. It will help in having mixed builds a bruiser can build with thebes even a mage or a tank. I think god who will benefit most with thebes+staff is bacchus but he has poor wave clearance so it balances out.
Fun and Heart
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 14, 2014 6:01am | Report
Updated Summary
Fun and Heart
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }