Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

LMPN: Items - Final Vote

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » LMPN: Items - Final Vote 33 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » March 18, 2014 3:03pm | Report
Just going to throw my votes/opinions:

GAUNTLET OF THEBES
My Vote: Option 2 OR Option 4 OR Option 6
Logic: Option 2 - this would make the gauntlets more viable for both tanks and bruiser-type warriors, which is a big plus. As long as the % was balanced carefully, I think this would make a nice buff.
Option 4 - It'd be nice to have another item with the same effects as the Stone of Gaia. Simple as that really.
Option 6 - Easier to balance, still not too potent but decent.
Why I didn't choose option 1: Didn't fully understand this. By respawn do you mean die? Does this stack? It seems like it would be too potent to me.
Why I didn't choose option 3: I feel this wouldn't add much to the gauntlet, it's too niche for its intended audience.
Why I didn't choose option 5-7-8: All to iffy IMO. 5 may not go far enough, 7 can easily go too far and 8 can too. Not sure about these ones.

Golden Bow:
I personally think it would be nice to go down the Telkhines ring route with the bow. Each hit gets additional damage added. I think removing its crit bonus, buffing the physical power to about 40 and buffing the movement speed to about 10% with the additional damage-on-hit effect [of around 30-40 damage] would make it more viable for AA builds without being too good. Just an idea off the top of my head. I'd hesitantly add either a physical/magical protection OR a small amount of attack speed to bring it in line with the Telkhines.

As for this suggestion: As for Stone of Gaia, eh, it does its job of making your laning phase really good. Maybe just buff it outright, maybe 3-4% of your max health over 5 seconds?

It would be too potent. It's already pretty good - baring in mind it's designed for tanks with fairly high life point totals. 2% of 2,000 hp is 40 hp, 3% 60hp and 4% 80hp. That'd be between an 150-200% increase in the effectiveness of its passive. Tanks have high defense - regenerating that much life would make an already tough target VERY difficult to topple. Just my opinion. I also think it would be way too strong in conjunction with a buff to the gauntlets! But hey-ho.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 18, 2014 3:20pm | Report
Remember, zane, it's health per 5 seconds, not health per second. You're talking between 8 to 16 health per second, which is kinda meh when even with protections you're being hit for a few to several hundred. it'd take a solid 10-20 seconds to restore enough health to last one more hit.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » March 18, 2014 3:36pm | Report
This is very true. It's by no means good when you're getting focused down, but it's already pretty potent for extended confrontations [I.E. Laning phase.] Baring in mind that health goes alot further on tanks than any other class, it's difficult for me to justify an increase in potency. Especially with the +25 HP5, which really adds up over the long haul.

2% / 5 seconds > 24% Minute. 1/4 of your health is alot to heal passively in just a minute without taking into account HP5. It's situational of course - it's of no use in team fights where you take loads of damage, but very good in 1v1 / 2v2 scenarios where you're taking less. It's definitely an item that's very good early but gets weaker into the late game. But I'd argue that's more due to a lack of health items to build for tanks than because the stone itself is too weak. Hopefully a buff to the gauntlets would help alleviate that.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }