Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Current Standard Hunter Builds - Feedback Requested

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Current Standard Hunter Builds - Feedback Requested 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 27, 2018 11:14am | Report
Hi everyone,

I'm updating my Conquest guide, and the one role I provide full build examples for is the ADC (physical only).

To this end, I've been seeing a lot of different builds and preferences, especially in the Pro circuit. I'm looking for feedback and insight to what you feel are good representations of solid standard builds...or confirmation of my general builds below. Keep in mind, I'm looking for solid builds that work in general scenarios, that are good paths for general players, not necessarily competitive level.

In the guide, I offer 3 main builds (crit, Qin's, Trans-base), and then I have a section for experimental/non-meta builds. These are what I plan to suggest, unless there are major issues.
Feedback appreciated!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 27, 2018 12:26pm | Report
There is a crit build which I run exclusively on AA hunters that are NOT Artemis or Jing Wei:
Devourer's Gauntlet, Warrior Tabi/ Ninja Tabi (depends on if they have an AA-Steroid), Rage, Executioner, Deathbringer, Poisoned Star.

Titan's Bane is still strong against very high protections, but the SPL experimental build you have seen are catered to getting damage in as quickly as possible. The Poisoned Star is there for boxing the enemy hunter (this build reminds me of Arkkyls build but he builds Rage instead of Poisoned Star). Personally I would just go with crit or shred build.

There is one other build that pros use that I like (more for mid lane but it was used for ADC) for Ullr and Neith only (maybe Chiron too): Transcendence, Ninja Tabi, Soul Eater, The Crusher, The Executioner, Jotunn's Wrath.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 27, 2018 12:27pm | Report
https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/ullr-conquest-mid-adc-jungle-5-11-20313

I basically listed the builds I mentioned here on the ADC build section.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » June 27, 2018 12:46pm | Report
Yes it confuses me too. Titans bane + exe is only something id use in one, very specific situation. Otherwise, that build will definitely get outboxed by a hunter building something else.

Also, as you mentioned pros in the spl have a very different mind set from those playing ranked/casuals. Do people in platinum+ build this combo as well?

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 27, 2018 1:13pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:
There is a crit build which I run exclusively on AA hunters that are NOT Artemis or Jing Wei:
Devourer's Gauntlet, Warrior Tabi/ Ninja Tabi (depends on if they have an AA-Steroid), Rage, Executioner, Deathbringer, Poisoned Star.

I've always liked Rage, and like this build a lot. I know a lot of people don't like the item in its current state, though.
Kriega1 wrote:
Titan's Bane is still strong against very high protections, but the SPL experimental build you have seen are catered to getting damage in as quickly as possible. The Poisoned Star is there for boxing the enemy hunter (this build reminds me of Arkkyls build but he builds Rage instead of Poisoned Star). Personally I would just go with crit or shred build.

I think I agree. Exe + nerfed TB is underwhelming in a general sense. My pref is also to go with basic crit/qin's builds rather than add this one.
Kriega1 wrote:
There is one other build that pros use that I like (more for mid lane but it was used for ADC) for Ullr and Neith only (maybe Chiron too): Transcendence, Ninja Tabi, Soul Eater, The Crusher, The Executioner, Jotunn's Wrath.

Dude, that build seems all over the place, LOL. Honestly looking at it, first impression is that it's too all over the place and is a build style of someone who can't make up their minds. The power in that build is absolutely high, and it's got a good blend of power, with the added bonus of a late 30% CDR. Hmmm. Okay, maybe I can go with that as a replacement for my experimental physical mage build.

~280 power, up to 36% protection reduction, 25 flat pen, 65% AS, 40% CDR, and Soul Eater's basic + ability lifsteal. Seriously funky.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » June 27, 2018 1:30pm | Report
What's wrong with rage? Why don't people like it?

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 27, 2018 1:32pm | Report
They didn't like the power nerf. Also, for a time, it also started with lower crit and needed the stacks to get up to 40%. More recently, they changed that back, and now it starts with 30%, which is better on the front end.

You just don't see it built all that often. People are currently preferring the MS from Wind Demon, and/or the boxing function from Poisoned Star.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » June 27, 2018 1:46pm | Report
40% crit chance fully stacked is nice though.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 27, 2018 1:46pm | Report
I'm going to slightly adjust my basic crit build compared to BaRRa's. Before replacing Hunter's Blessing, Deathbringer in the 6th slot seems like a good choice. Hunter's + Ninja + Poisoned + Exe provide 75% AS, which I feel is plenty at the time. WD (or another situational item) replacing the Blessing makes sense to me, rather than delaying DB...DB is only 200 gold more anyway.
boogiebass wrote:

40% crit chance fully stacked is nice though.

Like I said, I've always liked the item. Feel it fits in very well for gods with high AS steroids.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » June 27, 2018 1:57pm | Report
Is the 20% crit chance from poison star worth it as an early item in barras build?

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }