This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Vote received! Would you like to let the author know their guide helped you and leave them a message?
Chiron is a VERY underrated hunter in SMITE, as you don't see many players running around as this pinnacle of a... man.. horse... thing. Anyways, overall Chiron is one of the most well-rounded hunters in the game in my opinion. Fully capable of laying out damage, and supporting his team while also keeping himself safe.
First, he has heals, and a power increase as a PASSIVE every time he uses an ability. And with that alone I usually end up with anywhere from 1,000 to 2,000 healing every game. Without Meditation Cloak or any other kind of healing item. Additionally, his basic attacks and certain abilities place marks on his enemies, reducing their physical protections and making them vulnerable to his Masterful Shot ability. Making him a good addition to any team with any other physical character(s).
Secondly, he has a FREE purification effect, like Hel or Aphrodite. His 1st ability can be used as a blast ability to apply marks, or to free yourself and allies from CC effects. This is extremely powerful in the hands of someone with good reaction timing. And in the end can turn a team fight completely around.
Thirdly, Giddyup! is useful for engaging, crowd control, and retreating. If you're trying to catch a fenrir who wont stop ****ING leaping? Giddyup. That *** is grass. Trying to get the Cu Chullain off your Kukulkan? Giddyup. You charge through and knock him backwards off of your poor mage, and deal a nice bit of damage. And of course, if you need to retreat through a wall of people charging at you, you can give them a taste of the knockback too, while dealing massive damage. (And if you use the base build, with Soul Eater, you give yourself a pretty nice bit of health back too!)
And FINALLY, we'll end off with his ultimate, Centaurus. (I wont add another paragraph for his Masterful Shot, but an easy 500 damage that you cant miss, PLUS a slow is pretty nice.) With Centaurus active, you get three arrows that have an incredible range. Not to mention, you cant die while your ultimate is active. And even better, if the enemy team does enough damage to kill you, but you kill one of them while the ultimate is active? You get restored to an amount of health equal to the damage you dealt.
So, overall, Chiron is one of the most well-rounded characters in the game, and is more than capable of handing out massive damage, surviving heavy damage fights, and keeping his team safe from harm's way.
I know a lot of people strictly believe in building a character a specific way (I wont pretend I dont feel that way about Chiron, though that's just based on personal playstyle), I think that different playstyles work for different people. And while Ability-Based is SUPER fun in my opinion, I do wanna lay out options for those who wanna use basic-attack builds.
Since his abilities are still IMPORTANT to his kit, I still recommend always using transendence, as his mana is not very good. Plus, its a rather nice power buff as well, with a side order of some cooldown reduction. After that, I usually follow up with Jotunn's Wrath for some extra mana, early penetration, and cooldown. Then, with Soul eater, you've met the maximum cooldown reduction by your third item (fourth if you count the starter item). Not to mention huge amounts of power, and even the ability to heal on hit with attacks and abilities. (If you're going for Basic Attack, I would use Devourer's Gauntlet, Asi, or Bloodforge in place of Soul Eater.) This is the MAIN part of the Chiron build.
After that, comes the fun stuff. Heartseeker, Crusher (which should be used in a basic-attack build as well, given it's multi-purpose function), AND the Bluestone Brooch upgrade add extra damage on ability hits. Not to mention extra mana and pen from Heartseeker, attack speed and pen from Crusher, and health as well as HP5/MP5 from the Brooch. Making your Masterful Shot your heavy artillery for any fight.
However... if it's your style and you're going basic attack build with Chiron, I have a little advice for that too.
In my opinion, Chiron makes an excellent tank shredder in general thanks to his protection reduction with his mark. And if you add items like Dominance, and Executioner to the mix, enemy tank protections are not safe from this madman. This build works especially well if you are playing with a warrior on your team as the tank in Joust. Overall, that accumulates to 51% penetration for yourself, plus 15 base penetration from Crusher. Plus any area pen from items like Void Shield your tank might have.
And while I dont use this build nearly as often, I do consider it just about as viable as the ability-based Chiron build I've provided.
QUICK SIDE-NOTE! I dont think there are any particular relics you need to use with this build. The two I provided just happen to be the ones I use.
This Guide is actually the first I've made, so I apologize in advance for any "oopsies" in the design, or flaws that might make it confusing. Or out of orders. But regardless, thanks for taking the time to look at it! XD
You need to log in before commenting.
Collapse All Comments
SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.
Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved
I thought I'd search through guides and comment on some, since I haven't been doing a lot of that lately. Hope you don't mind I chose yours, and I hope my comments help.
In this case, as you title this as a build for Joust / Conquest / Arena, I might suggest making separate builds and skill leveling for Conquest and for teamfight modes. Or I would just suggest changing to my suggested leveling priority above.
1) Jotunn's Wrath 2nd is fine, especially if you're looking to get high CDR early. That said, The Crusher is also a functional item immediately after Transcendence. I wouldn't recommend getting Crusher as last item...earlier is better.
2) I can get the appeal of Soul Eater, and it's nice that it has a variety of stats that are helpful...lifesteal, % pen, and CDR. That said, I don't think the CDR after you already have 30% is as important, and while the lifesteal and pen are nice, he does have a bit of healing in his kit (as you mention), and the power on this item is okay but not great. I think it's fine having a build using SE, but would also want to see at least 1 ability build example without it.
3) In an ability build, I'd also like to see options to increase your pen a bit more. I'd also like to see an anti-heal option. Listing situational items is important, and so I'd like to see Brawler's Beat Stick in there as an option, and if you don't think Titan's Bane is core to an ability build, at least have it listed as an option as well.
4) While you can upgrade Bluestone Pendant to Bluestone Brooch, you could also just sell the starter late-game and replace with a normal T3 item. This can free up a slot to help fit in TB, BBS, or (if you don't get SE) you could get your lifesteal from Bloodforge, for example.
Without these options, I feel your build has room for improvement.
1) Firstly, note that Ornate Arrow is an item meant specifically for crit builds, and you have no crit in this build. Suggest changing this to the more common starter Death's Toll. Alternatively, you could consider still starting with Gilded Arrow and upgrading to Diamond Arrow, but that upgrade feels inconsistent, which is a reason why it's barely used. But overall, I'd probably suggest going Death's Toll into either upgrade option, depending on the other items you choose.
2) I do feel that going Trans is still fine for a basic attack focus...he is a hybrid hunter, meaning that he'll always get good use out of his abilities, even if you focus on basics.
That said, I don't recommend going double-stacking w/ Devourer's Gauntlet. In this case, if you're looking for lifesteal in a basic attack build, your best bet here is Asi. Since Chiron doesn't have an attack speed steroid, he'll want all the AS he can get. You don't have enough in your build example.
3) Exe is a good option for a basic attacker, but isn't the only one. You have the other main pen option listed also ( Dominance), and while they can be used together, I wouldn't recommend, at least in your current build setup. If you want more base AS, Exe is good and synergizes a bit with Masterful Shot, while Dom will help a bit more w/ any ability and structure damage you deal, due to being % pen.
4) In a basic-attack-centric build, I think you're missing a key/core item... Qin's Sais. I guess in a hybrid build setup you might not get it, but it's a main source of DPS boost and I think it's overlooked here. Depending on setup, if you don't fit it into your first 6 items, you can also consider replacing The Crusher late-game with Qin's.
5) Again you're missing alternative / situational items. In a non-crit build, again Qin's should at least be an option. 2 others that could be functional would be Odysseus' Bow (teamfight damage) and Toxic Blade (anti-heal). I wouldn't suggest both in the build at the same time, however, as neither provides any power and you'll still want power in most of your items.
At this point, I just can't recommend this build example.
So... As I mentioned this is my first time navigating through the design of uploading a guide, and I had a bit of confusion the first two times. (I had to make this Guide three times, and ended up scrapping the first two because of a strange alert I kept getting about only 6 items in a given build. Same issue with the relics).
In both of the first attempts I had numerous alternate item sections (including ones that added Dominance, Oddyseus' Bow, Brawler's Beatstick, etc.) but it kept giving me an alert when I tried to post the guide. That's definitely an error on my end, simply out of confusion. If I can figure out how to properly add the alternate builds I will.
On the subject of the Basic Attack build, I do agree on most of what you've got there. As I mentioned, I personally never use Basic Attack builds with Chiron, since I simply dont enjoy it. But, I figured I ought to give the idea a tip of the hat since I planned on calling this a guide. So Im more than willing to accept that the build could use some work. Hence the attempt at adding alternate builds, which I'll try and figure out when I get time.
Next, on the note of the Crusher/Jotunn's Wrath placement in the order of the build. Again, I agree. As a matter of fact, I used to do it that way. But I think equally the 20% CDR at the end of the build felt a bit pointless while playing Chiron, so I just switched the order based on personal preference. But, that's just me.
FINALLY, on the note of the ability order. I can see your point. I've gotten fairly good at tagging people with his 1, so I stopped considering it as a source of damage since I usually tag minions with it and use his 2 to finish them off quickly. Which I view as useful, since I can usually tag an enemy God or two with the 1, and hit them with that follow up 2 since its a guaranteed hit on marked targets. But again, that's just personal preference. So I understand that the wider variety of players might make more use of the 1, and maybe even the 3 (which, I really just use as crowd control and a get-away tool).
So, as I said earlier in this, once I get a little free time I'll look into the mechanics of the website a little more and try to figure out how to get those alternate items in for both builds, and maybe even alternate skill sets for them both taking into account everything you've said here.
On a sort of final note, I do appreciate the feedback, which I plan on taking into account. Plus, with a little information going ahead I might be able to make a few more guides here and there for some of the other gods I frequent like Cabrakan, or Set (once I figure out the mechanics of it all, of course).
I don't really play Chiron, but I did last night as my last game in S8, and I had a good time. Just as an FYI, I went a bit hybrid with my build. I chose Chiron out of the blue, but while I meant to go into a DT build, I ended up grabbing Bluestone. I went Bluestone Pendant -> Transcendence -> Jotunn's Wrath -> The Crusher -> Heartseeker -> Titan's Bane. I ended up replacing Bluestone...wanted lifesteal and was going back and forth on choosing Bloodforge or Asi, but in the end chose Asi because at that point I wanted more basic attack DPS for when my abilities were down. I then replaced The Crusher with Qin's Sais. Not nearly as much AS as I'd want for a Qin's build, but being a hybrid build, it worked well enough I guess. As you can probably tell, it was a pretty long match.
In any case, thanks for your comment back, and for explaining things. For the difficulties in creating a build, if you'd like, we could hop on SF Discord sometime and I could help you more directly in explaining the build creator if you'd like. Maybe you could share your screen and we could go through it that way and I can explain features. Let me know.
I get your feeling on basic attack build. I did like the feel of a hybrid build, but his abilities hit hard and it does feel nice optimizing that damage source.
On Crusher/Jotunn's order, I was just offering as an option. I'd say, place it in the order you prefer, and in the notes if you want, you can just say to switch the order as preferred.