Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

smurfs

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » smurfs 54 posts - page 3 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 12, 2019 11:20pm | Report
Myst I would be carefull with that. Kinda sounds like it could give you a ban or something.

Also gulf you're not the only one, unless I also consider LoL cause I have a 2nd account to play on the NA servers (cause region block)

Also Bran I know that, however don't really have the time to look at my other comment since i have to catch up on the whole weekend.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 13, 2019 12:48am | Report
silentshell wrote:

The other matches were all + elo and were

What do you mean, all + elo? How do you know your elo when it isn't shown?
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » May 13, 2019 2:00am | Report
He's probably talking about his SmiteGuru score, Kriega.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 13, 2019 2:14am | Report
Well as we all know Smiteguru is inaccurate
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » May 13, 2019 4:47am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

What do you mean, all + elo? How do you know your elo when it isn't shown?

well, I go off of smite guru and it lists green for + elo with a number usually 10-20 something and then they will be in red with a negative number for - elo. Bran showed it to me and while I know that it isn't a perfect way to gauge progress or how well you do I feel after using it for awhile to check matches that it does give a decent barometer of how I am doing. Generally when I go and look the - elo matches were more difficult than the + elo. Not all the time, but most of the time.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 13, 2019 5:21am | Report
Devampi wrote:

Myst I would be carefull with that. Kinda sounds like it could give you a ban or something.

Meh I doubt. I am playing 1 or 2 matches per week on xRatatoskrz so I'm keeping it alive. Then when I reach 150 gems I send a voice pack to xmysterionz.

If I was just sending the things, yeah, I would agree, but I'm also playing.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 13, 2019 10:14am | Report
We've always said take SmiteGuru ratings with a grain of salt, but as I check SG match details more and more, I'm finding I'm liking their Elo+ (general rating for a specific mode) and SR ratings (for the individual god) less and less. I've always used it as a high level, single score marker to give me an idea, and then gone into match details, individual player profiles, etc., to give me a much more specific idea of a player's respective level.

Their new system since S6 started seems even less accurate than it used to be. I strongly suggest looking at how people build, and going into their specific profiles, in order to get a better idea. Don't rely on their Elo scores.

The things I do always say to look for when evaluating a specific player is to look at their KDA rating, their actual kills, deaths, and assists, the modes and the types of gods they play most, etc. For example, if they play tanky gods more than squishies, you might expect their kills to be lower than their deaths, but their assists to be high. If they can maintain a decent KDA even with lower # of kills, they may be a good support/tanky player. If they mostly play squishy gods, and you see their kills being less than their deaths, then you've probably got a case of a player who doesn't have awareness, is just lower skill in general, etc.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 13, 2019 11:51am | Report
So I played some Conq last night with Salad on my normal account. Based on my experience, as a TL;DR, I'm going to say that using an alt in my specific case is warranted as long as I'm working on Jungle.

On my main, I have Carry and Mid currently as my role prefs. (As a reminder, comfort level, it's Carry and Support, but I still want to work on a role I'm not comfortable with) For whatever reason, my first 2 games with Salad slotted me in as Jungle. Ha. Ha ha. Joke's on me.

2 Terrible Ratatoskr Jungle Games

This is better (Carry and Support)

Anyway...based on those jungle Rat games...again, I maintain that using my alt account isn't so bad just to continue getting more comfortable with the roles I'm awful at...but I think I just mostly need to buckle down and, even solo queue, play more Conq.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 13, 2019 12:08pm | Report
Fenrir match - 18//4/4
Ratatoskr match - 9/1/2
Hera match - 7/0/2
Cupid match - 1/3/4 - I'm not used to these rotations plus the lane was always 1vs2 'cause this chaac "supp" did nothing except steal 3 kills. Xbal Rage quit this match.

How can someone think this is fun? Clearly all the matches were pretty easy wins.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 13, 2019 12:14pm | Report
This is why once I recognize I'm going to have a major advantage, I back off that god pick / role. You choosing Rat when he's one of your mains is not a great pick for an alt account. Even though I'm more comfortable with Rat, I'm not with Jungle, and even then I did very well in those games...hence why I chose Awilix (and proceeded to do ****py).

And in your Cupid match...this is exactly the type of situation you want to be in. Learn to get better at bad matchups and teammates with issues. But don't pick Cupid. Even if he's lower tier, you're too comfortable with him. Choose a god you don't play much but want to get better with.

That is how a smurf should be used, IMO.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }