Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

smurfs

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » smurfs 54 posts - page 6 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » May 14, 2019 9:02am | Report
What about master/gm boosting a bronze player? Something dmbrandon might do if he gets pissed off enough (for whatever reason).

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 14, 2019 10:25am | Report
I will refer you back to the first alinea. The bigger the gap the easier it is to boost a certain amount of divisions.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 14, 2019 12:15pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

Technically boosting in a moba on a moba in solo queue happens in 2 ways. You play yourself en let your diamond (or whatever high rank player) friend make a smurf. Put yourself in a "worthless" role so you don't have to have a huge impact both winning or losing (aka feeding) lane.
Let your high elo friend stomp his lane because of the huge difference and carry the game on his own.

The other one involves pretty much giving away your account to a high lvl player.

The top 1 is not that bad true. Unless we're speaking a bronze player getting boosted by a plat player.
If it's a plat 5 boosting a S1 the difference is way less of a problem. And the boosting will become a lot harder.

Biggest problem you will have yourself is falling down quickly when you solo queue. Making any other unfortunate soles on your teams games ruined

At some point at higher elo, the "bronze" teammate won't be getting carried easily, and Ranked currently has MMR restrictions as well, so the teammate would always have to queue with the one "carrying" them.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 14, 2019 9:47pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

At some point at higher elo, the "bronze" teammate won't be getting carried easily.

Devampi wrote:
Unless we're speaking a bronze player getting boosted by a plat player.
If it's a plat 5 boosting a S1 the difference is way less of a problem. And the boosting will become a lot harder.

Care to explain what you exactly mean by MMR restriction. Mostly what difference like in LoL a bronze player can queue with iron, bronze and silver however not higher and lower.
And iirc somewhere after diamond you can't duo queue anymore in LoL.
Is it something similar? Or are we really talking a number (hidden or revealed) that makes it so you can get boosted to plat 5 however not queue up with another plat 5 player that hasn't been boosting you?

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }