Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

smurfs

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » smurfs 54 posts - page 5 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 13, 2019 3:30pm | Report
Check out "Forge for SMITE" also. Great app. Also note, seasoned veteran doesn't necessarily mean great player. I like how much you're thinking about your game and improvement in general.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 13, 2019 3:38pm | Report
Forge for smite has a big f***ing annoying ad that don't let you see the last name on the matches.

Besides, it's a very good app

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » May 13, 2019 3:55pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Check out "Forge for SMITE" also. Great app. Also note, seasoned veteran doesn't necessarily mean great player. I like how much you're thinking about your game and improvement in general.

The way you said that about 'seasoned veteran's' immediately made me think of the Dos Equis guy "Stay Thirsty my friends." lol Appreciate the nod there. I don't see myself getting into any other games like this for awhile(except when the Iceborne expansions for Monster Hunter World comes out).

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » May 13, 2019 3:56pm | Report
I'll have to also check that site out since you both gave a shout out to it.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 13, 2019 11:31pm | Report
Wait Kriega, did you just say get a smurf to play ranked with low lvl friends?

I know some people prefer ranked over everything however that is like the biggest problem with smurfs: Boosting

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 14, 2019 1:51am | Report
Devampi wrote:

Wait Kriega, did you just say get a smurf to play ranked with low lvl friends?

I know some people prefer ranked over everything however that is like the biggest problem with smurfs: Boosting

Well I got carried to Plat in Rainbow Six and I didn't mind. Still I wouldn't call it "boosting" since you do have to contribute somewhat, and when I think of "boosting" im thinking of in Call of Duty where 2 people, 1 of them using a respawn beacon, and the other farming the other person for kills.

But for Smite, "boosting" as you put it for ranked I don't mind at all, in fact, i'd rather face a duo queue on the enemy team where one of them was being carried (so not actually being that good themselves).

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » May 14, 2019 3:27am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Well I got carried to Plat in Rainbow Six and I didn't mind. Still I wouldn't call it "boosting" since you do have to contribute somewhat, and when I think of "boosting" im thinking of in Call of Duty where 2 people, 1 of them using a respawn beacon, and the other farming the other person for kills.

But for Smite, "boosting" as you put it for ranked I don't mind at all, in fact, i'd rather face a duo queue on the enemy team where one of them was being carried (so not actually being that good themselves).

But what about the true spirit of competition and the challenge of the game? :P

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » May 14, 2019 5:53am | Report
silentshell wrote:

But what about the true spirit of competition and the challenge of the game? :P

What about it? :P

I see smurfs only being a problem in casual games where their very presence skews the matchmaking algorithm leading to very unbalanced and unfun matches for the losing team. Ranked Conquest is only an issue when it's two SPL/SML players teaming up and stomping the competition, but smurf accounts in ranked would rise quickly and that issue would right itself...until another smurf account was created.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » May 14, 2019 5:59am | Report
Gulfwulf wrote:

What about it? :P

I see smurfs only being a problem in casual games where their very presence skews the matchmaking algorithm leading to very unbalanced and unfun matches for the losing team. Ranked Conquest is only an issue when it's two SPL/SML players teaming up and stomping the competition, but smurf accounts in ranked would rise quickly and that issue would right itself...until another smurf account was created.

yeah, my first match with bakasura in arena on the smurf account, I think 4 of us must have been just from looking at our game totals and it was a steamroll.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 14, 2019 8:57am | Report
Technically boosting in a moba on a moba in solo queue happens in 2 ways. You play yourself en let your diamond (or whatever high rank player) friend make a smurf. Put yourself in a "worthless" role so you don't have to have a huge impact both winning or losing (aka feeding) lane.
Let your high elo friend stomp his lane because of the huge difference and carry the game on his own.

The other one involves pretty much giving away your account to a high lvl player.

The top 1 is not that bad true. Unless we're speaking a bronze player getting boosted by a plat player.
If it's a plat 5 boosting a S1 the difference is way less of a problem. And the boosting will become a lot harder.

Biggest problem you will have yourself is falling down quickly when you solo queue. Making any other unfortunate soles on your teams games ruined

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }