Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Protection Efficiencies

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Protection Efficiencies 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 15, 2015 1:08pm | Report
Hi everyone, question. Anyone know of a thread or other site that discusses and shows protection efficiencies? One with a graph or something would be really helpful.

Looking for info and relationships between protections, penetration effect, and effective health increase from protections...

...Mainly because I want to see if building one protection item will increase effective health to a proportionately larger % (and being more effective for a boxing match) than getting say 40 more power on top of a mostly power/penetration based build.

This is for my upcoming Ravana Arena guide. Prism, you suggested Stuke99's build. His standard build is Ichaival, Warrior Tabi, Frostbound Hammer, The Executioner, Qin's Sais, and Rage. The only item that offers any kind of survivability is the hammer, which gives 400 health. Of course, he has defensive suggestions ( Hide of the Urchin, Bulwark of Hope, Midgardian Mail, and Runeforged Hammer, but those aren't part of the standard...so, wondering if replacing, say, Rage, with some kind of protection would do more for survival (say able to take 30% higher damage, just throwing a number out there) compared to doing, say, 15% more damage overall.

Thoughts?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 15, 2015 2:33pm | Report
I actually don't use the Rage or Ichaival from Stuke's build. I would recommend getting Bulwark of Hope and Mail of Renewal or Mystical Mail.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 15, 2015 2:54pm | Report
I don't have an effective health calculator although this site is pretty good for looking at stats and dps that items give. Maybe if you could figure out krettcalc? You could always do the calculations manually.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 15, 2015 3:06pm | Report
@Prism: that's what I was thinking, not specifically about those items but getting a bit of magical and physical protection. Would really help boxing potential...will play around with ideas, thanks.

@Zilby: Yeah, I've suggested that site in my guides...I just didn't want to have to crunch hard numbers!!! Guess I might have to do that to get an idea. *sigh*
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » October 15, 2015 3:25pm | Report
My Ravana build you are talking about mainly focuses on his high offense to give him his defense. There might not be any really bulky items, besides Frostbound, but you have abilities to regen any lost health and a juke that damages your opponent if you hit them with it.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 15, 2015 3:53pm | Report
Hi Stuke! I hadn't seen any of your guides, but Prism talked about you, so I checked your guides out. It's great to have good info from another source!

Yeah, your build's probably great for solo lane/1v1 or things like that, but in a constant Arena teamfight situation, I think he'll have to build a bit more protections/health to survive, unless he's played as more of an assassin (which isn't optimal, because he won't do as much damage as most true assassins).

Your thoughts on both magical and physical protections and/or health items, while keeping the core damage items?

I'm thinking, even with his slowing ability and root, Frostbound Hammer might be important to ensure keeping the enemy close, as it incorporates both power and health. The alternative, Hastened Fatalis, just isn't as good...don't really need the extra movement speed as warriors aren't the best chasers when there are assassins around, and the attack speed, though nice for AA, experiences diminishing returns when built with The Executioner, Qin's Sais, Asi, Ichaival, and similar items.

So, in a full Arena build, my core items will be Warrior Tabi or Ninja Tabi (Ninja if I'm only getting 1 or 2 other attack speed items), Qin's Sais, and Frostbound Hammer. I figure from there I need some penetration ( Titan's Bane or The Executioner, and some protection. I can either get a magical and a physical protection item, with various passives considered, or go for a single item (e.g. Hide of the Urchin) and open up an extra slot for another damage item.

Would love to get your feedback, since you know Ravana and I don't.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » October 15, 2015 5:21pm | Report
I tend not to play Ravana in arena but I have to say my "Gift of Shiva" (Double Hammer) build for him would probably be your best option.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 15, 2015 5:26pm | Report
Stuke Bae as **** ! XD

<3
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 15, 2015 7:26pm | Report
Stuke: If the main tank gets Heartward Amulet, what would you suggest as an alternative? Pestilence if there's a healer? Bulwark of Hope for the pure protection and health? I just don't really like Bulwark, as the passive is weak, but the rest of it isn't bad.

And no Qin's Sais, which sort of makes me sad, but maybe it's better that way?

Maybe better to build Asi earlier because of its cost? Or no...?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » October 15, 2015 7:44pm | Report
I would still get heartward as it syncs well with runeforged.
Still use executioner over qin's as it is cheaper and shreds your opponent physical protection so even if you don't get the kill someone else can.
If you want to get Asi early go ahead, but I would rather you make it a 4th item choice as you'll need your WT, hammer, and exe. as the main three.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }