Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Protection Efficiencies

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Protection Efficiencies 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 15, 2015 10:14pm | Report
Okay, just played my first time as Ravana. He's pretty fun but man he has no escape...that Chang'e move is just dying for a teleport. Once I get caught, I can't get out.

Think I have the gist of him now that I can start working on the general ideas.

Tried that general build...did Warrior Tabi first, then Frostbound Hammer, The Executioner, Runeforged Hammer, Bulwark of Hope (I know, you said Heartward Amulet is better but I had an Ares on my team and he'd gotten it first, and I just don't like duplicating efforts), and Asi.

I'm going to crunch some numbers too. See what Mystical Mail in place of Runeforged Hammer will look like, try Ninja Tabi instead of Warrior, and Bloodforge in place of Asi...stuff like that.

Definitely is a challenge to play in Arena, in his general single-target role, I'd choose Loki everytime, but still...could be fun. Thanks for the tips everyone.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » October 16, 2015 5:32am | Report
You do whatever, it's your build. Glad that I helped

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 16, 2015 9:50am | Report
FYI Stuke, you pretty much had it right. I did variants of combos of Warrior/Ninja, Runeforged/Mystical, Heartward/Bulwark/Pestilence, Asi/Bloodforge...Warrior wins, Magical protection is situational, and Asi wins...

Quick question for anyone to verify...I always thought that Heartward Amulet and Sovereignty provided their basic protections to you, and the aura protections to everyone else BUT you. However, when I was messing with the Smite Builder, I noticed that Heartward gave me the same +20 physical protection as I would give teammates...is this correct? If so, that gives Heartward even more strength as a general choice.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 16, 2015 10:12am | Report
I don't know if someone mentioned it but maybe the word of thoth can help you with this a bit too

EDIT: in game you can see if aura's apply by freeying your mouse and hover over the buffs.

I do believe you get them as you also gain the HP5 (which I have noticed in assault a lot)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 16, 2015 10:18am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

FYI Stuke, you pretty much had it right. I did variants of combos of Warrior/Ninja, Runeforged/Mystical, Heartward/Bulwark/Pestilence, Asi/Bloodforge...Warrior wins, Magical protection is situational, and Asi wins...

Quick question for anyone to verify...I always thought that Heartward Amulet and Sovereignty provided their basic protections to you, and the aura protections to everyone else BUT you. However, when I was messing with the Smite Builder, I noticed that Heartward gave me the same +20 physical protection as I would give teammates...is this correct? If so, that gives Heartward even more strength as a general choice.

Sov and Heart also gives the user the protections ! XD
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 16, 2015 10:34am | Report
Dude, I swear...Hi-Rez needs to improve those descriptions...not clear enough.

I've been severely underestimating Sov/Heart because of this. Ugh.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 16, 2015 12:01pm | Report
Well technically you are also an ally of yourself.

Rod of Asclepius also has the same statement.

Also LoL aura item aegis of the legion uses the same description (aka only mentions allies) but also applies to yourself (this is just looking at icons in your buff/debuff spot)

Same for Dota's aura item descriptions

sorry but this is a mistake in your own knowledge IMO

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » October 16, 2015 12:14pm | Report
Every item that has a positive Aura (Such as Sovereignty and Heartward Amulet, but not Witchblade for obvious reason) will provide the aura passive to the owner.

If that wasn't the case, then it *could* be useful to have the same aura on 2 players, just to ensure everyone benefits from it.

Also, this is why Sovereignty is displayed in the Magical protection filter and Heartward Amulet in the Physical protection filter.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 16, 2015 12:38pm | Report
@ Devampi: absolutely a mistake of my own...just wish it had said "of yourself and allies." But yeah, it's like double oversight, because I knew things like Rod of Asclepius also applied to myself...why would I not think that other items would be the same? Stupidity, that's why.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 19, 2015 1:51am | Report
A post with different spreadsheets of all things Smite.

Hope it helps ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }