Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Patch 6.6, "Neo Olympia" - Bran's Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Patch 6.6, "Neo Olympia" - Bran's Thoughts 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 15, 2019 2:46pm | Report
Link to the official patch notes is here: https://www.smitegame.com/news/neo-olympia-update-notes

Skipping skins in general...but...pretty darn cool jetpack for Vulcan, bike for Awilix, and tanky transformer thing for Cerberus. That flamethrower effect is rad. Also, LOL Sashimi Bacchus.

map changes

Item Changes:
  • Shifter's Shield (shift): Changed percentage threshold for its effects...> 75% health, gain 35 physical power. < 75% health, gain 35 physical and magical protection. Tank meta is firmly en route. Not sure I like this change. Shifter's has been a sort of boring item for a while though.

• Light Blade (shift): Decreased AS from 15% to 10%, now provides 5 physical power. Not sure what this is really meant to do. Whatever.

• Morningstar (shift): Increased cost from 550 to 600 gold. Added 5 MP5. One less potion when rushing Transcendence, but a bit of added MP5 (a very little bit). 60 mana per minute...seems a bit light.

• Charged Morningstar (buff): Increased MP5 from 4 to 7. LOL

• Transcendence (buff): Increased MP5 from 6 to 10. Okay.

• Heartseeker (buff): Increased MP5 from 7 to 10. Okay again.

• Hydra's Star (buff): Now provides 7 MP5. What's with the MP5?

• Hydra's Lament (shift): Now provides 10 MP5 (instead of 2.5 MP5 per 10% missing mana. Sort of hurts it at low mana, but that's okay.

God Changes:
  • Achilles (nerfs): Decreased basic attack range from 16 to 12. Decreased Radiant Glory power buff % from 10/12.5/15/17.5/20% to 10/11/12/13/14%. Decreased Combat Dodge power scaling from 50 to 45%. Solid nerfs. Drops him a bit in Solo, which is good.

• Amaterasu (buff): Increased damage per strike from Dazzling Offensive from 75/125/175/225/275 to 95/140/185/230/275. Slightly stronger early game ult. Helps, but not sure it's enough...?

• Aphrodite (buffs): Increased Kiss MS and bonus damage from 4/8/12/16/20% to 8/11/14/17/20%. Back Off now always applies a 25% slow (doesn't need a Soul Mate attached to apply the slow). Love Birds CD decreased from 16/15/14/13/12 to a flat 12 seconds. Very good buffs overall, especially huge for early game use. Raises her a tier, but don't think it makes her balanced. Still too easy to shut her healing down, though her early game before anti-heal should be significantly better.

• Baron Samedi (buff): Increased base mana from 250 to 300. Helpful with all his nerfs.

• Bellona (nerf): Scourge healing decreased from 30/35/40/45/50 to 25/30/35/40/45. Wow, at least some kind of shift away from healing meta. Very light though.

• Cabrakan (buffs): Increased base mana per level from 34 to 38. Tremors decreased mana cost from 15/20/25/30/35 to 10/15/20/25/30. Helpful for mana consumption.

• Chang'e (buffs): Increased base mana from 290 to 310. Increased base mana per level from 43 to 48. Moonflower Dance damage increased from 65/990/115/140/165 to 85/110/135/160/185. Good buff on the Dance. I like it.

• Hel (buffs): Increased base health from 380 to 410. Decay / Restoration decreased mana cost from 70/75/80/85/90 to 55/60/65/70/75. Continuing trend of easier mana management.

• Horus: Mostly bug fixes.

• King Arthur (nerf): Steadfast reduced bonus energy generation from 25% per stack to 20% (80% at max stacks instead of 100%). Excalibur's Fury / Sundering Strike now gives a visual indicator when at different energy levels as a warning. This is good.

• Merlin (nerfs): Radiate decreased damage scaling from 35% to 30% per tick. Frostbolt decreased base damage from 60/100/140/180/220 to 60/95/130/165/200. Dragonfire protection reduction no longer applies to minions. Solid nerfs, but feel maybe he needs a bit more?

• Poseidon (buff): Tidal Surge decreased mana cost from 60/70/80/90/100 to 60/65/70/75/80. Whirlpool decreased mana cost from 60/70/80/90/100 to 60/65/70/75/80. So many decreased mana costs seems like it's going to push people further and further away from Book of Thoth.

• Set (buff): Kingslayer increased healing from 30/45/60/75/90 to 45/60/75/90/105. Mostly bug fixes otherwise.

• Xbalanque (nerf): Darkest of Nights no longer has the ability to stun if enemies are moving at the end of the effect. Ouch.
Things seem to be going in the right direction with regard to mana use overall. Means less backing or relying on items with mana...but buffs to 2 healing god abilities is hopefully not a trend toward healing meta in the future.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 15, 2019 3:33pm | Report
Does Xbal stun is so important or is just like the mesmerize effect on Fields Of Love? I mean I've never seen someone getting stunned by it and I think it's like, okay. At least I ulted with him to get the other benefits.

And again my theory that hi-rez goes slow nerfing their gods continues. Now we have to wait like more 4 weeks for other nerfs.

Primal Fury provides a reduction and damage boost against the jungle or just the reduce now?

Anyway, good patch, not great, just good.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 15, 2019 3:35pm | Report
I usually don't care with the skins release, but this patch my congrats HR, all of them were good.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 15, 2019 4:02pm | Report
The Xbal stun wasn't really important unless it it had setup like an Athena taunt for it.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 15, 2019 11:31pm | Report
Xbal stun was worthless anyway pretty mich no one relied on it. Vision reduction and range are huge.

Don't think the mana management changes are going to shift people away from toth. Still gives a lot of power.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 16, 2019 5:17am | Report
I don't think they want to make people avoid Book of Thoth, I think they want to let people who don't buy it still having mana. If you play as Poseidon without BoT you will see that 1 min in lane and you are out of mana.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 16, 2019 8:55am | Report
First of start running you squirrel. My dark harvest full AD tresh is going to blow you up before you can press Q.

Are you talking early game or all game? If it's the second you're doing something wrong.

Or maybe it's to remove newb players from buying meditation

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 16, 2019 10:17am | Report
Devampi wrote:

First of start running you squirrel. My dark harvest full AD tresh is going to blow you up before you can press Q.

The entire game. If you don't manage your mana carefully with Poseidon, it is extremely easy see yourself out of mana. His skills costs a lot of mana and you cast it all the time.

Don't think they want to avoid meditation, they still recommending it on a lot of builds and even in the tutorial

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vini_sds » May 16, 2019 10:26am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

[*] Aphrodite (buffs): Increased Kiss MS and bonus damage from 4/8/12/16/20% to 8/11/14/17/20%. Back Off! now always applies a 25% slow (doesn't need a Soul Mate attached to apply the slow). Love Birds CD decreased from 16/15/14/13/12 to a flat 12 seconds. Very good buffs overall, especially huge for early game use. Raises her a tier, but don't think it makes her balanced. Still too easy to shut her healing down, though her early game before anti-heal should be significantly better.

This is the sole reason I'm SUPER excited for this update. These changes will improve Aphro's viability as Solo, Mid and maybe even as a Support (Something that was mentioned in the Patch Notes Show btw). I can see Kiss and Stone of Biding being used for a super early lane aggression in duo.

It still doesn't solve her core issues, but it's definitely a step on the right direction.

Vini_sds
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 16, 2019 1:24pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

Xbal stun was worthless anyway pretty mich no one relied on it. Vision reduction and range are huge.

The blind is the most important but lets not act like the stun is completely useless when taunts, intoxicate and a few possible other abilities would make the stun proc.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }