Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's Make Patch Notes - Items

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Let's Make Patch Notes - Items 144 posts - page 15 of 15
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 21, 2014 9:54pm | Report
Magical Protection Items Summary:

Goal: Make or improve so that more viable magical protection items exist.

Bulwark of Hope: Damage reduction becomes either 25% for 2 seconds, or 40% for one second, and 20% for another second.

Pestilence: It's improved with the recent patch. Considering how Brawler's Beat Stick now reduces by 40%, I think 20% is balanced.

Gem of Gaia: 2% of max mana per 5 seconds. I disagree with this, since after using it a bit, I think the effect works perfectly fine. I pretty much never run out of mana.

Item Ideas:

Divine Scepter

Runebound Cuirass

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 21, 2014 10:00pm | Report
We are incredibly close to the end here. The only significant issue remaining is Polynomicon. There is another issue of a few less-than-viable items, such as Pythagorem's Piece, but that's not really that pressing of an issue.

Why it Needs a Change: 85% of MP doesn't change how it still deals insane damage on mages like Ao Kuang or He Bo or the like.

Here's my proposal:

Base Damage + 75% of magical power. Base Damage is Level x 5. In other words, anyone with more than 400 magical power will have a nerf, aka gods like Freya, Chronos, Ao Kuang, anyone who gets an insane amount of magical power. But the bruisers get a buff.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » February 21, 2014 10:06pm | Report
I agree with this one. It's absurd that you get hit by an auto attack by Ao Kuang that deals the same damage as his ult does.

The changes you've proposed are acceptable. They are good. I would also like to add what I've said before - make it so that it's your first auto attack. If you miss it, the Poly effect is over. That way, if you play Chronos, you won't just press '2' and hold the left mouse trigger and aim at the general direction of your enemy, knowing that one auto attack out of those dozen you've fired will deal 500 damage.

P.S, I think we've already talked about Pythagorem's Piece, we agreed that its cost should be reduced by about 200.

And if I may open a closed subject

Edit:
magical item idea

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 5, 2014 6:16am | Report
What the...the comments system is broken, because I had no idea there way a reply.

I guess we're in agreement then. The new ankh feels pretty neat, especially for the whole "magical bruiser" thing.

We're 100% done, I think. Some of these have been complicated due to the recent item changes, but I think we can move on to the final assessment. DUN DUN DUNNNN

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }