Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's Make Patch Notes - Items

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Let's Make Patch Notes - Items 144 posts - page 9 of 15
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 31, 2014 10:35pm | Report
When did this derail into an argument of the viability of Protected Recall?

Is this an indirect way of telling me to move on?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » January 31, 2014 10:41pm | Report
I think so.

I think that Hi-Rez are creative enough to create more items out of the blue. We don't really need to make the work for them in this matter, though a good, innovative idea may be useful. But I really think we should move on. Maybe to a new thread, I think you said you wanted to do Guardians next.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 31, 2014 10:56pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

When did this derail into an argument of the viability of Protected Recall?

Is this an indirect way of telling me to move on?

I was more discussing the reasoning for some certain items to even be in the game at all.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » January 31, 2014 11:10pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Emmm, even if smite have many crit items, I will nevet ever build 100% crit. Physical power, attack speed, pentration and maybe lifesteal is much more worth than 100% crit chance. 50-70% is enough

But look at the proposed items. Items with crit and attack speed. Or crit and pen. Crit and power. With those you could have it all with maxed crit. That would be super dumb.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 31, 2014 11:27pm | Report
Chiulin wrote:

But look at the proposed items. Items with crit and attack speed. Or crit and pen. Crit and power. With those you could have it all with maxed crit. That would be super dumb.

Well, they don't give you as good of stats as you would in buying straight pen items, straight power items, etc.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 31, 2014 11:34pm | Report
Here's the specifics; a quick recap.

We made two branches of crit items; for hunters and warriors.

Hunter Crit Items

Bruiser Crit Items

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 31, 2014 11:36pm | Report
Jordenito wrote:

I think so.

I think that Hi-Rez are creative enough to create more items out of the blue. We don't really need to make the work for them in this matter, though a good, innovative idea may be useful. But I really think we should move on. Maybe to a new thread, I think you said you wanted to do Guardians next.

No offense, but the items recently released have been less than inspiring. Malice being a near-straight up upgrade to Rage, the monster that is Qin's Sais, the mess of Shard and Shielded Teleport, etc etc.

But I agree with your sentiment.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 31, 2014 11:46pm | Report
Okay, next topic: Golden Bow.

The problem with this item is the passive is pretty underwhelming, the stats make no sense, and its generally overpriced.

We can go several paths.
  1. Raise or lower the price until it fits the item.

2. Adjust stats like crit chance to make it a good crit item, or movement speed to make the bonus actually mean something, etc.

3. Remove stats like movement speed or crit chance to make it a more focused item.

4. Add stats like lifesteal or attack speed to radically alter this item.

5. Adjust the passive, perhaps to apply lifesteal or other on-hit effects.

6. I think that's it.

I'm a fan of making it more like Ravenous Hydra, making it have lifesteal and making the passive apply lifesteal. But you guys might want something else.

Let's do it this way. We format it like an item idea, and give reasons for the change. Remember, we aren't HiRez.

My Reworked Golden Bow:

+10/20/30 physical power
+5/10/15% lifesteal
+8/14/20 Hp5

Cost: 830/1850/2600

Passive: Your basic attacks deal 50% damage in a 15-foot circle around the target. Lifesteal applies to this additional damage, but not other on-hit effects.

Why? There is one reason you would buy Golden Bow: To clear minion waves and/or jungle camps faster and easier. Therefore, lifesteal and Hp5 would synergize well with that purpose of having an easier time in-lane. I removed the crit chance and movement speed because they offered so little, it was practically negligible.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 31, 2014 11:51pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

I think the crit chance of golden bow should be removed COMPLETELY. There are 2 ways of buffing it :

Keep the physical power, remove crit chance, increase movement speed to 10%, add attack speed of 20-30%

OR

Remove physical power and crit chance, increase movement speed to 15%, add attack speed of 50-70%

Putting this here.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » February 1, 2014 12:04am | Report
Quoted:
Subzero008 wrote:

My Reworked Golden Bow:

+10/20/30 physical power
+5/10/15% lifesteal
+8/14/20 Hp5

Cost: 830/1850/2600

Passive: Your basic attacks deal 50% damage in a 15-foot circle around the target. Lifesteal applies to this additional damage, but not other on-hit effects.

Why? There is one reason you would buy Golden Bow: To clear minion waves and/or jungle camps faster and easier. Therefore, lifesteal and Hp5 would synergize well with that purpose of having an easier time in-lane. I removed the crit chance and movement speed because they offered so little, it was practically negligible.

Really like your idea. Maybe we can do another branch of this item to fit against gods instead of framing creeps:

Enchanted Bow
10/20/30 Physical Power
5/10/15% Attack Speed
5/10/15 Physical Penetration

Passive: Your basic attacks deal 50% damage in a 15-foot circle around the target. On-hit effects apply, but lifesteal doesn't.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }