Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's Make Patch Notes - Items

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Let's Make Patch Notes - Items 144 posts - page 14 of 15
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 5, 2014 2:31am | Report
UnknownPandr wrote:

Wow sub, your Golden Bow rework is literally just ravenous hydra from League of Legends. xD

Of course!

I tried to think of ways this item could still be useful, but 50% damage in a small radius just isn't useful without on-hit effects, and as Mercury has shown us, that can get insanely out of hand.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » February 5, 2014 9:03am | Report
The item seems like it would be solid in smite, but make it a bit stronger. In League of Legends hydra is mainly used for an extra nuke in your combos, so that's why I say buff your golden buff a bit since smite has no actives.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » February 6, 2014 4:32am | Report
I think we're done with Golden Bow and it seems like there's no argument against increasing the CCR on Hide of Leviathan to 40%. I think we can move on to magical protection items.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 6, 2014 4:48am | Report
Good. This one is simple, but I'll sum it up.

Currently, there are only five pure magical protection items.

Pestilence, Stone of Gaia/ Gem of Gaia, idol of concentration, and Bulwark of Hope.

Pestilence is a good item, but it is also specialized, and pales in comparison to Hide of the Urchin.

Stone of Gaia/ Gem of Gaia have the problem of having useless passives to 75% of gods outside the laning phase. They are good, but not the best.

idol of concentration is extremely viable with a powerful effect and good stats.

Bulwark of Hope has an extremely bad passive with alright stats.

Out of these five items, there are only two non-specialized items. We need more pure general magical protection items, and perhaps we need to adjust some of the existing ones while we are at it.

Problems: Bulwark of Hope has a rather broken passive, and Pestilence is a bit too ineffective.

Telkhines Ring/ Void Stone/ Focused Void Stone are a topic of another discussion.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » February 6, 2014 5:20am | Report
Pestilence

We already talked about buffing the passive on Pestilence to 30% and increase the cost by about 200g so I won't talk about it more.

Bulwark of Hope

It has been mentioned in a thread somewhere to buff Bulwark of Hope's passive to 2 seconds of 50% damage reduction ,and I agree with it.

Gem of Gaia
The passive is worse than that of Stone of Gaia. It should just be like Stone of Gaia but for mana. That's it. 2% of your maximum mana every 5 seconds.

An idea for a magical protection item:

Hex Seal
20/40/60 Magical Protection
50/150/250 Health

Passive - AURA - All enemies within 55 feet have their Cooldowns increased by 25%.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 6, 2014 5:37am | Report
Jordenito wrote:

Hex Seal
20/40/60 Magical Protection
50/150/250 Health

Passive - AURA - All enemies within 55 feet have their Cooldowns increased by 25%.

Two words: Zero. Counterplay.

More words: Broken as #?!&. You will utterly destroy the viability of anyone with a high cooldown, and no one would dare use their ultimates, there would be no way to counter this, you will destroy the strength of tanks, destroy the damage of mages, bruisers and hunters will be the least affected but they will still be horribly hurt.

This kind of effect belongs in a god ultimate, not an item.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 6, 2014 5:43am | Report
Divine Scepter:

+20/35/50 magical protections
+100/200/300 health
+100/200/300 mana

Cost: 900/1850/2600.

Passive: AURA: You gain 7 additional protections for every enemy within 30 feet.

Note that reflect doesn't mean any damage is mitigated. You will not take any less damage with this passive. Also note that 30 feet is fairly short.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » February 6, 2014 7:42am | Report
Quoted:
Subzero008 wrote:
Two words: Zero. Counterplay.

More words: Broken as #?!&. You will utterly destroy the viability of anyone with a high cooldown, and no one would dare use their ultimates, there would be no way to counter this, you will destroy the strength of tanks, destroy the damage of mages, bruisers and hunters will be the least affected but they will still be horribly hurt.

This kind of effect belongs in a god ultimate, not an item.

Oh right, I forgot about ultimates... yeah... forget that I wrote that.

My Guides

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » February 6, 2014 8:48am | Report
What if they made Bulwark of Hopes passive decay. When the passive is activates you gain 40% damage reduction for 1 second, then after that 30% for 1 second and finally 20% for 1 second (might be a bit too high/long, but you get the idea).

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 6, 2014 10:28am | Report
@Nex: That's a pretty good idea. I think 40% for 1 second, then 20% for the next is perfect.

Runebound Cuirass:

+15/30/45 magical protections
+5/10/15% movement speed
+10/15/20 Mp5

Cost: 850/1500/2350

Passive: After being hit by a magical attack, you gain 25 magical protections and 15% movement speed for 5 seconds. Cooldown: 30 seconds.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }