Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's Make Patch Notes - Items

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Let's Make Patch Notes - Items 144 posts - page 12 of 15
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » February 3, 2014 11:07pm | Report
What if Thebes worked similarly to Warmogs? I would like that or it to work similarly to GA. Or it could convert a % of your health into armor and mr.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » February 3, 2014 11:38pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

What if Thebes worked similarly to Warmogs? I would like that or it to work similarly to GA. Or it could convert a % of your health into armor and mr.

Warmog's passive is already chucked onto stone of Gaia. % of health into protection would remove its niche in my opinion. I think it should simply be a dedicated health and/or mana item.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 4, 2014 3:02am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Gauntlet of Thebes should be an all health item, no doubt. Personally, I really think it should just offer a **** ton of health and HP5 as well as some unique passive.

Just some ideas for a unique passive...

-Your maximum health is increased by X%.
-You gain health equal to X% of your maximum mana (Or vice versa, we'll need to add mana to this item for this passive)
-When you die, you respawn with X health and X mana, X Cooldown. (Basically, a Guardian Angel)

I'm a bit wary on percentages - we wouldn't want Ymir running around with over 6k health. But the Guardian Angel thing seems like a good idea.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 4, 2014 3:04am | Report
Okay, if this is turned into an all-health item, just where is the cap? How much health should this item give? It costs 2350, should it give a total of 1000 health? 1200? 900?

Even if it is a stack item, we need to take this into consideration.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » February 4, 2014 3:12am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Okay, if this is turned into an all-health item, just where is the cap? How much health should this item give? It costs 2350, should it give a total of 1000 health? 1200? 900?

Even if it is a stack item, we need to take this into consideration.

For 2350 gold, that's about 900 HP and 15HP5. Add on the passive, and that's about 2500-2600 gold.

If we're talking just health, I think we'd be fine with just 2350 gold for 1000 health and the passive. But the thing is, an item with just health doesn't feel 'good'. At least have something else to make it seem like it offers more for your item slot.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 4, 2014 3:24am | Report
Well, I'm not sure how. Protections scaling off your health is the only "tank" passive I can think of, and making health scale of mana is just another incentive to buy Breastplate of Valor.

Oh, right, Breastplate of Valor. This thing needs a general nerf, and I think reducing the protections gained from 75 to 60 is a good start.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » February 4, 2014 3:31am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Well, I'm not sure how. Protections scaling off your health is the only "tank" passive I can think of, and making health scale of mana is just another incentive to buy Breastplate of Valor.

Oh, right, Breastplate of Valor. This thing needs a general nerf, and I think reducing the protections gained from 75 to 60 is a good start.

To be honest, I think reworking Gauntlet of Thebes with the GA passive will get more carries buying it, and that's fine. It's a fair trade-off for getting the second life, and personally, I would actually prefer it to be this way. It's more situational than the always useful GA, in my opinion.

In my opinion, a game where everything is a niche pick is the best type of MOBA I can think of.

And regarding Breastplate of Valour, the Armour is not where you want to hit it. The best plan, which was also done recently with Spirit Visage, is to hit the CDR. Just nerfing it to 10 or 15% will put this item in the right spot, as it won't offer as many things that are good to basically everyone anymore. Nerfing the armour to 70 would also be a good call for it in my opinion.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » February 4, 2014 3:36am | Report
I agree that giving gauntlet of thebes this passive ill be a very good idea. Ain't like GA is an always pick for everyone, especially with this GoT it has no protections though it might be good to increase the price

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » February 4, 2014 4:18am | Report
Sub I think you can conclude the ideas of Gauntlet of Thebes and I do like the idea of the 'guardian angel'. IMO it should be that every couple of minutes or so, instead of dying, you gain a % of your maximum health.

As for Breastplate of Valor... I do think it should remain a 25% CDR. There's nothing wrong with a defensive alternative to Chronos' Pendant. But it does need a nerf. I'd go more in the direction of Sub; reducing the amount of physical protection (i'd say 55) and maybe the mana to 350 (yes, I know you're just thinking what the hell am I talking about mana isn't worth as **** but It provides too much mana and with Book of Thoth it grants 17.5 MP).

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 4, 2014 4:53am | Report
Specifics: Gauntlet of Thebes

The problem with this item was that it simply was not viable. It gave nothing worth its price, and the passive clashed terribly with its intended role.

We have several ideas, some about the passive, and some about the stats.

Stats: Health level depends on the passive.

- Increase health given to 200/400/600
- Increase health given to 250/500/750
- Increase health given to 300/600/900
- Increase health given to 350/700/1050
- Increase health given to 400/800/1200
- Increase Hp5 to 5/10/15.

Passive:

- Guardian Angel-like effect, where after death, you revive with 30% of health and mana after four seconds. Cooldown: 3-5 minutes. May need a price increase.

- A percentage (1.5) of your maximum health is converted into protections of both kinds. May require a large amount of health in the 1000-ish range.

- You gain an amount of health equal to a % of your maximum mana.

- Enemies cannot lifesteal from you.

- You gain CC reduction equal to 1% of your health (does not stack with resolve or other CCR bla bla bla etc...)

- For every god kill or assist, you gain X health per stack, up to 10 stacks.

- Stone of Gaia effect.

As usual, we're going to vote on what changes to apply later.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }