Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Community Spotlight (February 2018) - Questions

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Community Spotlight (February 2018) - Questions 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » February 11, 2018 7:02am | Report

Hey guys,

The votes are in, the community has spoken and the winner has been chosen. This month's interview will feature yours truly, Wayne3100!

This thread is the place to ask your questions, which can be related to the site, SMITE or my personal life, it doesn't matter! I'll make sure to update the OP as often as possible with all the questions asked so far. Like last time, some of the more random questions might not make it into the actual interview, but I will get back to this thread later to answer those :)

You have about a week from now (until the end of the 18th of February) to submit your questions before we move on to the interview phase, for which I'll ask someone else to assist me (seeing as interviewing myself would be a little weird). Fire away!

Questions asked so far

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IceColdPappsi » February 11, 2018 10:35am | Report
Couple of questions, all about SMITE Gods.

1. What are your diamonds, and how did you come about liking them?
2. What gods instantly clicked for you? (Might correlate with first question)
3. What gods do you hate, either as an opponent of playing as them?
4. Which god do you think you can connect to on a personal level?

IceColdPappsi
<Master Wizard>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bernardozomer » February 11, 2018 11:50am | Report
Why the "3100"?
Where did you get that avatar?
How did you ended up joining the site?
Is there a feature you want to add to the site but you can't (for any reason)?
#9e2aff #a12bfd #af29e8 #bd29d0 #c828be #d728a8 #d728b0 #e02899 #ee2891 #f02887 #d72875 #d72860
#8a42ff #9c30f6 #ab21ec #b329e4 #b829d9 #ca29c7 #d429bd #de299f #ee2887 #e62873 #e03163 #e53d44
#7b54ff #8d39f6 #a311f4 #a22afb #ae29ed #b63dc7 #a247c7 #ca3d9f #ee3175 #e6325f #e94348 #f14f2c
#676cff #793fff #910aff #871ef5 #7f2ee4 #7542da #665bc7 #8e519f #c04777 #f0464b #f2552d #fc6410
#5384ff #6545ed #7b00e0 #6b1ada #5738d0 #4356d0 #2d74cc #5c65b3 #985b77 #dc5037 #e94c1b #de4606
#3598fe #4750da #5d00a8 #4423b2 #2b46bc #1762c4 #008fcc #377b9f #636b7b #9a574e #d73a12 #c12300

Bernardozomer
<Meat Shield>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » February 11, 2018 12:18pm | Report
  • You're mainly a LoL player...what is the thing that you most like about LoL that SMITE doesn't have but could be implemented / changed, and vice versa?

• What are your top 3 favorite SMITE gods and why? (Sorry, this is maybe very standard but I'm still interested to hear)

• You're community manager for SMITEFire...are you still in that role for MOBAFire as well? Are there any functions in MOBAFire we missing here, but you're pushing to have added?

• Outside of this job, do you have any other jobs, and if so, what do you do?

• What are your main hobbies? Do you play any sports? What is the worst injury you've had?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » February 11, 2018 6:16pm | Report
What god or gods would you like to see added to Smite?
Any abilities/ passives/ items from other MOBAs that you'd like to see added to Smite?

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 13, 2018 12:23am | Report
Smite question:
Do you miss Domination?

Smitefire question:
When are we getting a chat window on Smitefire? :p

Personal question:
What is your favorite style of food (pasta, bbq, asian etc.) and what is your all time favorite dish? Also are you a chef in the kitchen?
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » February 14, 2018 1:16pm | Report
Hey everyone, time's running out to ask our Community Manager, Wayne3100, anything you want to know about him. Please submit your questions!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » February 14, 2018 5:23pm | Report
1) Are you busy as Community Manager of Smitefire? Did you expect the workload or was it unexpected?

2) What would you change about the site immediately, if you had the chance?

3) Would you feed Cerberus :)

4) Not a question, just saying hi

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » February 16, 2018 10:39pm | Report
Mostly just the questions I asked last time.
  • What's it like where you live? (What's the culture, climate, etc.?)
  • What's your favorite color? (Like when I asked Bran, I want specifics. Here's a link to Color Compilation. Gimme a hexadecimal code if you have a specific shade you really like. If you can't decide on a specific shade, copy/paste that section's small chart (the code is provided for this purpose).)
  • What time of day do you usually play Smite?
  • What's your core character value? (Examples would be things like making sure everyone gets what they deserve, treating all people with courtesy, staying true to who you are, etc.)
  • What do you think your most distinguishing physical feature is? (Do you have an easily visible scar or tattoo, a weird haircut? Are you abnormally short or tall?)
  • Do you have any mannerisms? (Examples would be waving your hands around when you speak, saying a specific word very often, or grinding your teeth when you're nervous.)
  • Is there any Smite item that you really miss?
  • I've noticed administrator avatars tend to be black and white. Is that significant somehow, or just coincidence?
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » April 12, 2018 6:21am | Report
Just noticed I never replied to the unanswered questions, oops. Will be locking this thread within the next couple of days so our focus can shift completely to this month's interview instead.

Quoted:
What are your diamonds, and how did you come about liking them?
I.. don't have any :x

As I mentioned in the interview, SMITE has never really been my main MOBA over the years, and although I would say it is right now because I'm no longer interested in League, I still don't play SMITE often. As a result, my account is only level 48 and my highest mastery god - Bellona, of course - is only at mastery rank 5 or 6. I play with a friend who is the type of person to find one god he likes and then spam that until the end of time; despite having played significantly less than me, his main god ( Thanatos) is already at mastery rank 8. I am not like that, however: as soon as I hit mastery rank 1 on a god, they're basically dead to me and I move on :P

Quoted:
Which god do you think you can connect to on a personal level?
I don't know the lore of all gods well enough to really answer this, but seeing as most of the ones I've read describe them being involved in war/battles while I'm generally the type to avoid confrontation, I can't imagine there are many gods I can really connect to.

Quoted:
Any abilities/ passives/ items from other MOBAs that you'd like to see added to Smite?
I've always considered Nocturne's ultimate from League of Legends (see below) to be an extremely cool ability, but I'm not sure it would work in SMITE given the difference in camera angle. Still sharing just because of how badass it looks.

Quoted:
Do you miss Domination?
*uses Google*

"Domination used to be a regular mode that was removed from SMITE on January 8, 2014"

...I didn't play SMITE back then. Soooo... Nope :D

Quoted:
Where did you get that avatar?
My avatar on SF (left) is made by a MOBAFire moderator who goes by the name of Jovy (previously MissMaw), making avatars and signatures is one of the things she's known for on MF.

The avatar I use on Discord (see right) - with S being short for "Sereth", like the W is short for "Wayne" - is one I made myself in GIMP, it's quite fun to mess around with from time to time :)

Quoted:
When are we getting a chat window on Smitefire?
Given the fact that we already have a Discord server and this would require extra moderation, I'm afraid it is unlikely for this to ever be added; I'd be much more interested in exploring how to increase the activity on our Discord server.

Quoted:
Are you busy as Community Manager of Smitefire? Did you expect the workload or was it unexpected?
This obviously varies depending on what is going on in the world of SMITE or on the site itself, but generally speaking the workload is very manageable. It is also flexible in the sense that there isn't a set amount of hours I have to put in each week/month, the end results are all that matters.

As I mentioned in the interview, this has been the case for several years now, even when I was still more active on other network sites; since then, my priorities have simply shifted, but the amount of work I put in has not ;)

The only real exception to all of this that I can think of are the yearly guide contests, they're fun to do but also quite stressful from a personal point of view.

Quoted:
Would you feed Cerberus :)
Nah, I'll leave feeding to professionals like you =)

Quoted:
Not a question, just saying hi
Hi!

Quoted:
What's your favorite color? (Like when I asked Bran, I want specifics. Here's a link to Color Compilation. Gimme a hexadecimal code if you have a specific shade you really like. If you can't decide on a specific shade, copy/paste that section's small chart (the code is provided for this purpose).)
I'm quite boring when it comes to favorite colors, so I would have to go for dark blue, somewhere around the #0000ff area. For some reason that color looks a lot darker here than it does among all the other shades of blue in your guide though.

Second and third would be black (#000000) and a rather bright green (#00FF7F).

Quoted:
What's your core character value? (Examples would be things like making sure everyone gets what they deserve, treating all people with courtesy, staying true to who you are, etc.)
I find it hard to say this about myself without making it sound like I'm bragging, but there are two things I would point out which I think count as character values...?

The first would be that I tend to be very precise in everything I work on, which I consider both a blessing as well as a curse. On the one hand, it means I am generally proud of everything I create. On the other, it also means that if I feel like there's something I can't do perfectly, then I might as well not do it at all; that is also part of the reason why I've started working on a whole bunch of guides on MOBAFire without ever releasing any of them, they just weren't good enough.

The second thing I would say is that I'm generally very open-minded and respectful of others, or rather I very quickly correct myself when I'm not. What I mean by that is quite simple: from a very young age, a lot of us are taught not to judge a book by its cover, not to have negative/racist thoughts, etc. While I still sometimes catch myself being quick to judge someone in my head (based on appearance or general first impression, for example), I don't let these kind of thoughts affect the way I treat anyone. I am generally under the impression that acknowledging these thoughts and then rejecting them immediately teaches me more about how to behave as a person than pretending I never have them in the first place, which is what most people would claim instead.

...Hopefully that was roughly the answer you were looking for :P

Quoted:
What do you think your most distinguishing physical feature is? (Do you have an easily visible scar or tattoo, a weird haircut? Are you abnormally short or tall?)
I have a small scar on my right eyebrow from when I fell and hit my head as a kid, but it's barely noticeable at this stage. I'm afraid 1.89m (~6'2") also isn't very abnormal as far as height is concerned (especially by Dutch standards), so I'm not sure what my most distinguishing physical feature would be.

Quoted:
Do you have any mannerisms? (Examples would be waving your hands around when you speak, saying a specific word very often, or grinding your teeth when you're nervous.)
On SF I would say my main mannerism is to use parentheses way too much and to make sentences longer than they should be. I don't know why but I really struggle with keeping things short :x

As far as real life goes, I'm sure I have mannerisms (most people probably do), but I can't think of any that are obvious even to me. Also, while they don't count as mannerisms, a random thing to note about me is that my eyes are very sensitive to light and my ears are very sensitive to sharp noises, as in they physically hurt to listen to. I have no idea why.

Quoted:
Is there any Smite item that you really miss?
Although I'm not saying that the current starting items are worse, I quite liked the way they were last season, so I would have to say I miss starting items such as Bluestone Pendant and Death's Toll the most.

Quoted:
I've noticed administrator avatars tend to be black and white. Is that significant somehow, or just coincidence?
Probably the latter, unless there is some sort of underlying similarity in our personalities which is the cause of our avatars being similar :P

Thanks for the questions/interest, everyone!

I would be lying if I said I never expected to be mentioned in the nomination threads at some point, but I certainly didn't expect it to happen so soon. If you have any feedback regarding the Community Spotlights (both in terms of presentation / end result as well as the process of creating them), make sure to drop me a message :)

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }