Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 9 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 5, 2014 5:28pm | Report
Yooooooo, you know what would be beast!

If hades is allowed to use his 1 while using his Ultimate.
For example, you use your 1 to get in, then you use Hades Ult on Neith, Neith back flips, Hades ult allows Hades to use his 1 again but without the damage on the 1, only damage from the ult. If you use the 1 while ulting it would cancel his ult until he pops out the ground then continue the rest of his ult duration.

Or would that be OP.

Or make his ult cripple.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 6, 2014 10:42am | Report
It's a fun idea but both would be with the damage out put of the ult OP

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » August 6, 2014 2:07pm | Report
Before his nerf, Hades potentially played a pretty great role as a mage, and was actually a bit more unique in it because he could take more hits than your average mage could. He's not the best choice as either a mage or a guardian, but Hades could definitely succeed fairly well as a mage with a tanky item or two.

Honestly, I'd like to see his kit geared more toward a mage, but he would have to have some things worked around a bit.

First off, if he's to go mage, his ult needs to go. It's already insanely counterable for a Guardian ult, even more so than Ares' ult, and it suffers the same problems as Ares' ult. It's very easy to counter in its current state, but if they try to make it less counterable, it will be seen as overpowered. And as a mage build, like mentioned, he's a sitting duck while using it. As a guardian, it's not too much of an issue, but again, it's still very counterable, so even as a guardian, that ult can go.

I honestly like the rest of his kit, but then, I usually played Hades with more of a damage dealer build with one or two defense items than a strict tank build, and I haven't played him since his nerf a few patches ago. Either way it goes, whether he's remade to a mage or he stays a guardian, he needs to be looked at, especially his ult, in the same way that Ares should be.

Sub's idea for a new passive as a life drain aura is pretty interesting and could be a good replacement for the current Blight we have now. It seems to have enough damage to where you don't want to spend more time than needed around him, but not too much to make it over powered.

Also his idea for the ult is another interesting one. It seems like a fair trade off to be allowed to move around with the ult, and it would be able to counter the use of beads if Hades follows them, so that might also be a good substitution.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 6, 2014 8:21pm | Report
SoapSuds wrote:

Before his nerf, Hades potentially played a pretty great role as a mage, and was actually a bit more unique in it because he could take more hits than your average mage could. He's not the best choice as either a mage or a guardian, but Hades could definitely succeed fairly well as a mage with a tanky item or two.

Honestly, I'd like to see his kit geared more toward a mage, but he would have to have some things worked around a bit.

First off, if he's to go mage, his ult needs to go. It's already insanely counterable for a Guardian ult, even more so than Ares' ult, and it suffers the same problems as Ares' ult. It's very easy to counter in its current state, but if they try to make it less counterable, it will be seen as overpowered. And as a mage build, like mentioned, he's a sitting duck while using it. As a guardian, it's not too much of an issue, but again, it's still very counterable, so even as a guardian, that ult can go.

I honestly like the rest of his kit, but then, I usually played Hades with more of a damage dealer build with one or two defense items than a strict tank build, and I haven't played him since his nerf a few patches ago. Either way it goes, whether he's remade to a mage or he stays a guardian, he needs to be looked at, especially his ult, in the same way that Ares should be.

Sub's idea for a new passive as a life drain aura is pretty interesting and could be a good replacement for the current Blight we have now. It seems to have enough damage to where you don't want to spend more time than needed around him, but not too much to make it over powered.

Also his idea for the ult is another interesting one. It seems like a fair trade off to be allowed to move around with the ult, and it would be able to counter the use of beads if Hades follows them, so that might also be a good substitution.

I'm glad you like my kit.

And I also agree that his ult needs a change.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » August 7, 2014 7:06am | Report
In my opinion, Hades' kit should have something unique like his brothers. Someone that has to do with souls or the underworld. If we're going to change his ultimate, then keep it the same range as it is now, because Hades' Zeus' and Poseidon's ultimates all have the same range in AoE.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 7, 2014 8:02am | Report
Aphnex wrote:

In my opinion, Hades' kit should have something unique like his brothers. Someone that has to do with souls or the underworld.

Thresh anyone?

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » August 7, 2014 8:03am | Report
Hades is one of my favorite Greek gods, despite what most movie will make you believe Hades isn't really evil. He is for the most part passive and keeping the balance.

Unlike Ares I personally dislike Hades appearance (both his old and "new" one). I admit that it dose look cool, but unlike his brothers he has no human features. Don't know if that was because Hi-rez also fell in to the trap of King of the Underworld = Evil or unintentional.

I have an idea for a remodel:
His legs (AKA the fact that he doesn't have any) would remain mostly the same.
His face would be that of a man, with glowing eyes (red, purple depending on his cloths cooler scheme) and long black hair.
His right hand and most of the right side of his body also be that of a man and act as his staff hand. His left hand and side looks "Corrupted" in some way. Like maybe the flesh of his hand has been removed, leavening only a skeleton hand or alternatively his hand has been corrupted in to a big hand or claw thing (see Nightmare form Soul Caliber).

The idea is that he is becoming corrupted from spending most of his time in the underworld, but he still has parts of his humanity (or maybe godmanity? Since he is a god :P) left.

Subzero008 wrote:

Spoiler: Click to view

I really like this kit. Fits Hades perfectly, doesn't completely change his current kit and he sounds fun to play as.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 7, 2014 8:19am | Report
First off, Hades from the waist down needs to have humanoid legs and be walking or floating with legs. His upper half can stay the same.

Here is my Kit for Hades.

Passive - Devoured Souls -
* Every time Hades kills a enemy he Devours their souls gaining magical power and magical defense. +1 Magical power and +1 Magical defense per stack. Max Stacks = 80. Stacks are lost on death.

1st Ability - Soul Release - Hades releases souls from hell that deal magical damage to enemies within a strait line. Enemies hit are slowed for 30% at all ranks.
75/135/210/240 (90% of magical power)
Cost 80/90/100/110/115 + 5 Stacks of Devoured Souls
Cooldown 8's

2nd Ability - Gate from the underworld - Hades opens a gate from the underworld allowing Hades to move through the gate. Enemies hit while Hades exits the gate are stunned for 1s and take magical damage.
50/110/130/190/215 (85% of Magical Power) Stun duration 1's.
Cost 60/70/80/90/100 + Consumes 5 stacks of Devoured Souls.
Cooldown 12's

3rd Ability - Gather Souls - Hades gathers 10 souls (10 Stacks) gaining his passive. Enemies that see Hades gather souls in a certain radius are feared and have their magical protection reduced by 20 at all ranks.
Fear duration 1's at all ranks.
Cost 90/100/120/130/140
Cooldown 20's

ULT - Wrath of the Underworld - Hades loses half of his stacks (passive) and Hades first two abilities do not suffer from cooldown reduction when used. Hades cannot activate Gather Souls at this time nor increase mana by any means.
Duration 5's.
Cost (50% of Mana)
Cooldown 100's.

**** with Hades now!
Basically he consumes his passive if he wants to use abilities.

In theory, this should make Hades weak early game when he has no stacks. Hades will also be consuming his stacks so that its not OP where he can build his stacks up and keep his 80 extra Magical Power and Magical Defense. His abilities also cost a ton of mana making him mana hungry as hell. On top of this you cannot use meditation to get mana back during his ult to cheat and his cooldowns are somewhat long.

In theory he should be gaining stacks at a slow place and when using his ult should get rid of all his stacks and mana if he wants to use it. He would basically have no mana/stacks left after ulting and using his abilities so he would be pretty dead if he doesn't use it right. No moves to use and no means to escape because he would have no mana left.

I reduced his Ult to 5's.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 7, 2014 1:34pm | Report
Passive seems interesting, but 80 stacks, and +80 MP and MR sound a bit overpowered to me. Even Zhong Kui doesn't go that far. But having that as a resource sounds cool, but a problem will be getting it in teamfights.

Soul Release sounds good.

#2 This sounds like a Death from Below that stuns. Not sure what I think about this, but I don't like the idea of a giant AoE stun that deals massive damage.

You don't gain ANYTHING from leveling his three at all. But it does sound like a good idea...just, needs a tweak.

His ultimate is overpowered. A zero-second cooldown abilities is incredibly overpowered - if you think He Bo's burst is balanced, putting everything on instant cast means spam 1 = instant death and spam 2 = permanent stun + instant death.

It's a cool idea, but it's overpowered. I do like the idea of souls as resources, but he'd be the most overpowered mage out there with that ult. But the ult is my biggest problems with it, the rest of his kit seems fine.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 7, 2014 2:39pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Passive seems interesting, but 80 stacks, and +80 MP and MR sound a bit overpowered to me. Even Zhong Kui doesn't go that far. But having that as a resource sounds cool, but a problem will be getting it in teamfights.

Soul Release sounds good.

#2 This sounds like a Death from Below that stuns. Not sure what I think about this, but I don't like the idea of a giant AoE stun that deals massive damage.

You don't gain ANYTHING from leveling his three at all. But it does sound like a good idea...just, needs a tweak.

His ultimate is overpowered. A zero-second cooldown abilities is incredibly overpowered - if you think He Bo's burst is balanced, putting everything on instant cast means spam 1 = instant death and spam 2 = permanent stun + instant death.

It's a cool idea, but it's overpowered. I do like the idea of souls as resources, but he'd be the most overpowered mage out there with that ult. But the ult is my biggest problems with it, the rest of his kit seems fine.
I was trying to not make it op by taking 50% of his mana away and not letting him gain mana so he can spam it. Now that I think about it, it is op, probably better off with a cooler idea anyways.

Also yea it is pretty much death from below, but I was imagining him opening a portal below him, he would go into the portal then come out of another portal under the enemy. Maybe the radius could be the size of hebo's water sprout so it would take more skill basically you would have to land it on them directly, it would be more of a single god attack but if two gods are super close together it can hit two.

OH and ya..... I forgot about the leveling for his 3 skill LOLOLOL.

One thing I really wish they would do though is freaking please make Hades have legs.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }