Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 11 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 10, 2014 6:29am | Report
People don't see to play Osaris much when not in league, only in league to people ban him.
Sometimes I don't feel like waiting 6 minutes to play league so I usually play regular conquest until the league timer is lower.

I rarely see people play osaris is any regular conquest game and when I see him I have mixed feelings.

When he has his passive up and he is jungling, comes to gank me, I can tell his *** is tanky *** hell, however for some reason I don't notice it as much when I am the one using osaris rather its more noticeable to me when I'm facing someone using him and I am wondering why he is absorbing so much damage. I haven't faced enough osaris to really complain yet.

The few I have played against were either on my team or did average or got out played.

When I played Osaris it was actually quite annoying having to only use abilities when you want to hit minions with basic attacks other wise you lose you passive, thats why I'm not going to say he is super broken rather sickle strike needs a longer cooldown I think.

5's spam seems kind of short, maybe it should be increased by 2 seconds.

Basically, I haven't faced him enough to deem him as a problem yet, I know other people say he wrecks, but I personally haven't got that over whelmed by him yet. Hes always banned in league and in conquest normals, people usually never play him.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 10, 2014 4:13pm | Report
I would remove the insane slow he can give you. make his 1 and 2 not stackable

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 10, 2014 4:27pm | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

I don't think Fragmented is all that broken.
It's actually pretty hard to time it just right that you have Fragmented activated and all your abilities are on cooldown. Using Sickle Strike in the jungle will probably (I'll try this) drain your mana too much. It'll slow down your clear a lot (untill you get some attack speed).

Sickle Strike does need a nerf imo. Increase the cooldown to about 8 (?). The slow on this one is fine imo, so is the damage.

Spirit Flail is broken. Damage is fine, but remove the damn slow. I mean, a 40% slow (seriously, everyone can hit that on top of Sickle Strike so the slow is kinda guaranteed) is ****ing stupid (well, sort of a 60% slow). He also gets 20% speed buff, so without sprint you're ****ed. Even with an escape your ****ed. My suggeston: Remove the damn slow. Just do it. It's just op.

Lord of the Afterlife is fine.
Hmm...I agree that his slows should be nerfed/reworked, but I don't quite agree with your methods. I'd just remove the slow on his Sickle Strike and keep it as is, and have Spirit Flail either root for 1 second or slow for 2 seconds (keep the slow strength tho). IMO, his Sickle Strike fits the idea of a sustained damage bruiser fairly well, it's just the buttloads of CC that make it unbalanced. Ah, and I'd also remove the speed buff on Spirit Flail.

No comments on Judgement Tether?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 10, 2014 4:27pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

People don't see to play Osaris much when not in league, only in league to people ban him.
Sometimes I don't feel like waiting 6 minutes to play league so I usually play regular conquest until the league timer is lower.

I rarely see people play osaris is any regular conquest game and when I see him I have mixed feelings.

When he has his passive up and he is jungling, comes to gank me, I can tell his *** is tanky *** hell, however for some reason I don't notice it as much when I am the one using osaris rather its more noticeable to me when I'm facing someone using him and I am wondering why he is absorbing so much damage. I haven't faced enough osaris to really complain yet.

The few I have played against were either on my team or did average or got out played.

When I played Osaris it was actually quite annoying having to only use abilities when you want to hit minions with basic attacks other wise you lose you passive, thats why I'm not going to say he is super broken rather sickle strike needs a longer cooldown I think.

5's spam seems kind of short, maybe it should be increased by 2 seconds.

Basically, I haven't faced him enough to deem him as a problem yet, I know other people say he wrecks, but I personally haven't got that over whelmed by him yet. Hes always banned in league and in conquest normals, people usually never play him.

Yeah, I don't see him much in casuals, either. But when I see a really good Osiris, I want to punch HiRez in the face. -_-

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 10, 2014 5:24pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

I would remove the insane slow he can give you. make his 1 and 2 not stackable

Um...well, IMO, there's not much difference between a 60% slow and a 40% slow, either way, you might as well be rooted.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kalafalafakah » August 10, 2014 8:37pm | Report
I say he needs to have his swing chain altered. Slow it down and maybe actually change the chain. Keep his ult the same and his passive because neither is much of a problem (well his passive can be but I believe it is only a problem when combined with the slows and spammability of his one). Increase the cd on Sickle Strike(like a lot of people have said) OR maybe they could actually give him a crook like he is SUPPOSED to have!!! and completely come up with a new ability (I realize this is not helpful but the fact he has a sickle kind of agitates me... oh and I also have no idea what to change it to). Then remove the speed buff associated with Spirit Flail, make the cd 12 seconds, and make it do a 30% slow on it's own. His Judgement Tether seems largely alright to me... maybe a slight reduction in it's strength... like 15/15/20/25/30 and 1.2% more per second? that way he gets 35% at max against magical and 51% against phys.

Kalafalafakah

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 10, 2014 9:49pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Hmm...I agree that his slows should be nerfed/reworked, but I don't quite agree with your methods. I'd just remove the slow on his Sickle Strike and keep it as is, and have Spirit Flail either root for 1 second or slow for 2 seconds (keep the slow strength tho). IMO, his Sickle Strike fits the idea of a sustained damage bruiser fairly well, it's just the buttloads of CC that make it unbalanced. Ah, and I'd also remove the speed buff on Spirit Flail.

No comments on Judgement Tether?

Woops, totally didn't forget that :3
And I agree on Spirit Flail, either remove the slow or speed (or like Kalafalablablabla said, remove the buff and nerf the slow a bit, which I agree on the most).

First of all I'd suggest removing the fact that it still works when you're invisible. It's just stupid and it makes stealth useless.
I'd say do 2 things: Nerf the reduction to something like 5/10/15/20/25 or reduce the stun to 1 second. I like the first one better.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kalafalafakah » August 10, 2014 10:29pm | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

First of all I'd suggest removing the fact that it still works when you're invisible. It's just stupid and it makes stealth useless.
I'd say do 2 things: Nerf the reduction to something like 5/10/15/20/25 or reduce the stun to 1 second. I like the first one better.

This may make me look ignorant but what exactly are you referring to when you say invisible? He has no stealth ability and the only god in the game who can make someone else stealthed is Nu Wa (and that almost can't even be called stealth). He turns corporeal with his passive but it's no stealth. So yeah... just kinda wondering what you're talking about.

Kalafalafakah

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » August 10, 2014 10:48pm | Report
I'd suggest reducing the range of Judgement Tether while it is active, as it seems to be a bit bigger than the indicator leads you to believe.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 11, 2014 1:31am | Report

This may make me look ignorant but what exactly are you referring to when you say invisible? He has no stealth ability and the only god in the game who can make someone else stealthed is Nu Wa (and that almost can't even be called stealth). He turns corporeal with his passive but it's no stealth. So yeah... just kinda wondering what you're talking about.

I mean it affects people when invisible like Loki's Vanish, you seew the blue line thingy :P.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }