Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 12 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 11, 2014 2:06am | Report
I would lower the damage reduction on judgement tedders. Or throw out the whole stun

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 11, 2014 8:55am | Report

I say he needs to have his swing chain altered. Slow it down and maybe actually change the chain. Keep his ult the same and his passive because neither is much of a problem (well his passive can be but I believe it is only a problem when combined with the slows and spammability of his one). Increase the cd on Sickle Strike(like a lot of people have said) OR maybe they could actually give him a crook like he is SUPPOSED to have!!! and completely come up with a new ability (I realize this is not helpful but the fact he has a sickle kind of agitates me... oh and I also have no idea what to change it to). Then remove the speed buff associated with Spirit Flail, make the cd 12 seconds, and make it do a 30% slow on it's own. His Judgement Tether seems largely alright to me... maybe a slight reduction in it's strength... like 15/15/20/25/30 and 1.2% more per second? that way he gets 35% at max against magical and 51% against phys.

I don't think Spirit Flail should get an unrestricted slow. At least now Osiris has to hit with his 1 first. Otherwise, you'll have an unavoidable 30% slow. At range.

The cooldown increase on Sickle Strike could work, but that makes him less bruiser-y and more assassin-y.

As for Judgement Tether, I'm fine with any kind of nerf it gets.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 11, 2014 8:56am | Report
Sasquatch180 wrote:

I'd suggest reducing the range of Judgement Tether while it is active, as it seems to be a bit bigger than the indicator leads you to believe.

Well, that still doesn't solve the problem of him being indestructible. I also don't think it's a matter of range, but the DR.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 11, 2014 8:56am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Woops, totally didn't forget that :3
And I agree on Spirit Flail, either remove the slow or speed (or like Kalafalablablabla said, remove the buff and nerf the slow a bit, which I agree on the most).

First of all I'd suggest removing the fact that it still works when you're invisible. It's just stupid and it makes stealth useless.
I'd say do 2 things: Nerf the reduction to something like 5/10/15/20/25 or reduce the stun to 1 second. I like the first one better.

Why not both? I'm fine with that, because **** Osiris.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 11, 2014 8:57am | Report
Devampi wrote:

I would lower the damage reduction on judgement tedders. Or throw out the whole stun

Hmm...maybe make the damage reduction its own reward, then, instead of making him a giant AoE stun bot. That could work.

Like, this: Osiris flings out mummy wraps

Judgement Tether: Osiris flings out mummy wraps, tethering himself to all nearby enemies. Targets hit deal reduced damage to Osiris over the next 5 seconds. The tether can be broken by targets moving far enough away from Osiris. When Osiris hits a tethered target with an ability, the bindings are refreshed for another 1 second.

Damage reduction: 15/20/25/30/35% (+5% per second, maximum 40% damage reduction)
Cooldown: 18 seconds.

There. Now, this rewards him for staying in combat without adding on tons of CC.

Alternatively:

Judgement Tether: Osiris flings out mummy wraps, tethering himself to all nearby enemies. Targets hit deal reduced damage to Osiris over the next 4 seconds. The tether can be broken by targets moving far enough away from Osiris. Targets still in range when the duration expires are rooted.

Damage reduction: 15/20/25/30/35% (+5% per second, maximum 40% damage reduction)
Root Duration: 1.5 seconds.

At least this way, you can fight back, which does reduce his dueling and disruption potential.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 11, 2014 9:10am | Report
My own suggestions:

Remove his swing chain BS. Keep the AoE, maybe.

Spirit Flail no longer has a speed buff, slows sickled enemies to 25/30/35/40/45% for 3 seconds. It's still an upgrade to the 20% slow from Sickle Strike, but not in the insane 60% slow category.

Judgement Tether has a capped damage reduction of 40%, and the damage reduction only applies to attacks toward Osiris. The stun is reduced to 1 second OR roots for 1.5 seconds, removing the stun OR the DR duration is increased when he strikes an affected enemy with an ability, removing the stun.

With these changes, he'll be more reliant on skillshots, have less dueling and teamfight potential, and is rewarded more for staying in combat instead of pure burst damage. It's also a nerf.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » August 11, 2014 9:19am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Well, that still doesn't solve the problem of him being indestructible. I also don't think it's a matter of range, but the DR.

Oh I know, but I couldn't think of anything else that no one else has suggested yet, and for the most part you all seem to have the big issues covered.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 11, 2014 9:23am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Spirit Flail no longer has a speed buff, slows sickled enemies to 25/30/35/40/45% for 3 seconds. It's still an upgrade to the 20% slow from Sickle Strike, but not in the insane 60% slow category.

and
Subzero008 wrote:

Judgement Tether: Osiris flings out mummy wraps, tethering himself to all nearby enemies. Targets hit deal reduced damage to Osiris over the next 5 seconds. The tether can be broken by targets moving far enough away from Osiris. When Osiris hits a tethered target with an ability, the bindings are refreshed for another 1 second.

seem like good and balanced changes, along with a 3 second increase with cooldown on Sickle Strike.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kalafalafakah » August 11, 2014 10:37am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

I mean it affects people when invisible like Loki's Vanish, you seew the blue line thingy :P.

Ahh okay. That makes a lot more sense to me. I read it as you were playing osiris and not that osiris was the opposition

Kalafalafakah

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 12, 2014 4:11am | Report
Almost forgot.
Apollo summary

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }