Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 4 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 25, 2014 2:40pm | Report
I really wanted to change shackles into ne Zha kind of sash or like Amumu's bandage toss. This will help his ult a lot. Then we increase his ult Cooldown.......... You will think I'm crazy but I haven't talk about his other buffs. If he hit his "shackle" to a god his ult will be reduced in a flat second Cooldown. That means if he built Cooldown reduction, he can have even a quicker time to have his ult back if he can hit his shackles so his ult will be weaker early game when hitting enemy god is hard but stronger late game. Then make his flat magical damage still ticks even if he doesn't keep hitting them but can only be ticked once per cast. Keep the percentage health if he still firing them. This can give him some pushing abilities

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » July 25, 2014 3:24pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

I really wanted to change shackles into ne Zha kind of sash or like Amumu's bandage toss. This will help his ult a lot. Then we increase his ult Cooldown.......... You will think I'm crazy but I haven't talk about his other buffs. If he hit his "shackle" to a god his ult will be reduced in a flat second Cooldown. That means if he built Cooldown reduction, he can have even a quicker time to have his ult back if he can hit his shackles so his ult will be weaker early game when hitting enemy god is hard but stronger late game. Then make his flat magical damage still ticks even if he doesn't keep hitting them but can only be ticked once per cast. Keep the percentage health if he still firing them. This can give him some pushing abilities

What about changing his Shackles to act more like Thresh's Death Sentence (clicking the ability again drags you towards them, but not clicking the ability drags them towards you a little bit.)

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 26, 2014 12:01am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:
2A. Ares's Shackles deal X damage and root and cripple the enemy hit for 1 second before slowing them by 17/19/21/23/25% for the next 2 seconds. Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds.

I like this idea the best.

I'm still gonna keep on working on my stance Ares idea, and so I think this one fits the Offense Formation.

first part of ares rework

Tell me what you think of this.
2: Valorous / Shackles
Valorous: Ares courageously jumps to his ground target location and strikes down his sword on of the ground, dealing damage to all enemies in the area and fearing all enemies in a cone in front of him in the direction of the center of the cone for 1s.

Damage: 70/120/170/210/260 (+50% of your magical power)
Leap Speed: Lunge
Cooldown: 18s

Warlord Bonus: +0.1s fear duration per allied god.

Shackles: Ares fires a single shackle, passing through all minions and damaging them. If the shackle hits an enemy god, they are rooted and crippled for 1s while taking damage before being slowed for 2 additional seconds and taking 50% of the damage every 1s.

Initial Damage & Minion Damage: 35/60/85/100/125 (+25% of your magical power)
Damage (Total): 70/120/170/220/270 (+50% of your magical power)
Slow: 20%
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10s

Warlord Bonus: +2% slow per enemy god.

I'm not really sure about Valorous. It may feel a little bit forced to combine a jump with his main CC/peel.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » July 26, 2014 5:31am | Report
Ok, I want him to be reworked in some way and I don't care if he keeps all of his skills as long as they are balanced, but his ultimate NEEDS to be removed!

Its so stupid, its literarily instant death if you don't buy beads. Every time is see an Ares on the enemy team I always go "Huuuuuuuuuaaagh!" because I know that I HAVE to buy beads (forcing me to waste and active and gold) no matter what role I am playing AND I have to save it for when Ares ults, if I use beads for anything else and I risk getting pulled which as I said 90% of the time instant death. Its even more annoying in assault since you already HAVE to buy Salvation, bye bye actives!

I like Jord's ideas.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 27, 2014 12:28pm | Report
Ares Summary

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 27, 2014 3:11pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Um, no. The reason why Ares is weak is because he has no peel. His ultimate is actually one of the best support ults in the game (only weakness is the delay), his main weakness is that IT IS EVERYTHING HE HAS.

Basically, his ultimate is overpowered if it does hit, and your suggestion makes it able to hit more often.

The shackles idea is cool tho/

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 27, 2014 3:12pm | Report
Jordenito wrote:

I like this idea the best.

I'm still gonna keep on working on my stance Ares idea, and so I think this one fits the Offense Formation.

first part of ares rework

Tell me what you think of this.
2: Valorous / Shackles
Valorous: Ares courageously jumps to his ground target location and strikes down his sword on of the ground, dealing damage to all enemies in the area and fearing all enemies in a cone in front of him in the direction of the center of the cone for 1s.

Damage: 70/120/170/210/260 (+50% of your magical power)
Leap Speed: Lunge
Cooldown: 18s

Shackles: Ares fires a single shackle, passing through all minions and damaging them. If the shackle hits an enemy god, they are rooted and crippled for 1s while taking damage before being slowed for 2 additional seconds and taking 50% of the damage every 1s.

I'm not really sure about Valorous. It may feel a little bit forced to combine a jump with his main CC/peel.

A leap might be too much. I'm fine with a team wide buff being there, but smacking on a leap is too much like an assassin when one considers his damage.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 27, 2014 3:46pm | Report
Jordenito wrote:

Okay okay, I think I got it. Instead of a sword, and a shield, Ares will carry a spear and a shield.

Passive: Warlord
For every allied god within 35 ft of Ares while in Defense Formation, or for every enemy god with 35 ft of Ares while in Offence Formation, the effectiveness of Ares' abilities are enhanced. (Ares also counts)

1: Bolster Defenses / Battle Cry
Bolster Defenses: Ares slams his spear upon his shield, creating a 35 ft aura that grants 20/25/30/35/40 protections to him and all nearby allies.

Warlord Bonus: +3 protections per allied god

Battle Cry: Ares lifts his spear in the air, let's an astoundingly loud battle cry, creating a 35 ft aura that grants 2/4/6/8/10% additional magical and physical power to him and all nearby allies.

Warlord Bonus: 1% additional magical and physical power per enemy god

If Ares switches formation, the aura is cancelled.

Duration: 6s
Cooldown: 13s

2: Intimidate / Skewer
Intimidate: Ares charges his spear with the fear of all fallen foes he has killed. Ares then strikes his spear upon the ground, transferring the fear to all enemies in a cone in front of him.

Fear duration: 1s
Cone Size: 60 degrees (I believe Confound and Frost Breath are 90 degrees and Searing Flesh is 45
Cooldown: 15s

Skewer: Ares extend his spear, passing through all minions and damaging them. If the spear hits an enemy god, they are rooted and crippled for 1s while taking damage before being slowed for 2 additional seconds and taking 50% additional damage every 1s. Ares incurs no backpedal penalty for the duration.

3: Oppression / Hellfire
Oppression: Ares dashes very shortly forward with his shield in front of him, damaging slightly knocking back the first enemy he hits.

Dash Length: Artemis' Traps
Knockback: 15 ft
Damage: 50/80/120/160/200 (+35% of your magical power)
Cooldown: 13s

Warlord Bonus: +3 ft knock back for per allied god.

Hellfire: Flames pour forth from Ares' shield, dealing damage every second for 4 seconds while debuffing the enemies' damage. Ares is immune to knockbacks for the duration.

Damage: 15/25/35/45/55 (+10% of your magical power)
Damage Reduction: 4/8/12/16/20%
Damage Reduction Duration: 1s (refreshed per tick)
Cooldown: 12s

Warlord Bonus: 2% per enemy god

Ultimate: Change Formation
Ares changes formation.

Defense Formation: 2/4/6/8/10% of all damage allied god within 35 ft of Ares take from enemy gods (pre-mitigated) is transferred to Ares and then mitigated. If Ares drops below 15% health, the effect is paused.

Warlord Bonus: 1% per allied god.

Offense Formation: Ares reduces the protection of all enemy gods within 35 ft of him by 4/8/12/16/20.

Warlord Bonus: 3 per enemy god.

I'll explain my ideas tomorrow. Tell me your opinion.

I like it, but it feels like too much of a radical change. It's nice on a new god, but for now, I think we should focus on keeping Shackles, at the very least. The Warlord bonuses can still apply (replacing his ult and his Bolster Defenses), and you've already got a flame replacement.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 27, 2014 3:47pm | Report

Ok, I want him to be reworked in some way and I don't care if he keeps all of his skills as long as they are balanced, but his ultimate NEEDS to be removed!

Its so stupid, its literarily instant death if you don't buy beads. Every time is see an Ares on the enemy team I always go "Huuuuuuuuuaaagh!" because I know that I HAVE to buy beads (forcing me to waste and active and gold) no matter what role I am playing AND I have to save it for when Ares ults, if I use beads for anything else and I risk getting pulled which as I said 90% of the time instant death. Its even more annoying in assault since you already HAVE to buy Salvation, bye bye actives!

I like Jord's ideas.

I agree with removing his ult.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 27, 2014 4:01pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:
I like it, but it feels like too much of a radical change. It's nice on a new god, but for now, I think we should focus on keeping Shackles, at the very least. The Warlord bonuses can still apply (replacing his ult and his Bolster Defenses), and you've already got a flame replacement.

Well I just renamed Shackles into Skewer because I wanted him to have a spear instead of a sword, but they still function the same way, considering I took your idea of changing Shackles. The flames are also there but now actually do something.

He still has most of his core in Offense Formation, as his Shackles into flames combo is now more supportive and team oriented, much like the rest of his kit.

If we are to replace his ult, if we are to give him actual peel, then I don't see how any less radical a change would be.

My Guides

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }