Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 23 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 23, 2014 1:56pm | Report
Cupid Summary: See above problems.

Suggestions:

Heart Bomb: Perhaps it goes through minions, but stick only to gods.

Share The Love: Maybe give a Xp5 bonus?

Fields Of Love: Grants CC immunity now.

Rework Idea:

Rework

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 23, 2014 2:14pm | Report
Guan Yu Time!

Firstly, watch this mandatory video.

Second, droop in sadness as I'm not allowed to start this one without JD. :(

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 23, 2014 2:33pm | Report
Right, since I'm boss, I say we move on to Sun Wukong.

The poor guy is honestly really weak right now. Ever since they reduced the damage of The Magic Cudgel by freaking 50, and changed his knockup to a slow, as well as weaken his 72 Transformations's immunities, he's languished in the NU brackets, WHICH WAS NOT MADE BETTER WHEN FOR SOME ****ED UP REASON HE WAS INCLUDED IN THE GENERAL WARRIOR NERFS!!!!!!!

I say he needs a change. Literally every single one of his abilities and passive, aside from 72 Transformations, is underwhelming in their role.

His passive, Undefeated Body, aside from having a really weird name, doesn't fit with his role or itemization. He's an ability bruiser...who gets crit chance...

The Magic Cudgel is now just a subpar damage ability in literally every way, from cooldown, scalings, base damage, and contributions.

Master's Will is okay...but the slow is much less useful than the knockup of old.

72 Transformations remains has his only really good skill, and it is still pretty useful. I don't think it needs a change, maybe except for giving knockup immunity to Bird form.

Somersault Cloud is just weird, and honestly a completely underwhelming ult. As a damage skill, it's predictable, and again, subpar. As a escape skill, it's great, but still really odd and badly implemented. Not to mention the nearly worthless decoy, which still counts as a minion, which means as soon as you dive tower and hit a god, the tower will proc to you.

Now, I'll recap what Wukong is CURRENTLY good at.

- Being unkillable with his ridiculous mobility, escape ultimate, and passive.

What Wukong WAS good at:

- Disruption with Master's Will + 72 Transformations.
- Ranged damage with The Magic Cudgel.

What Wukong is bad at:

- Low Damage: As explained above.
- Decaying CC, with only his Tiger Form scaling, and even then, teamfights usually prefer the Bull Form.
- Poor Waveclear: He needs to burn almost three skills to clear a wave, and he can NEVER clear a wave with just one 1.
- Low Sustain: Despite his ultimate, his mana costs suck, and if using his ult for sustain, you're basically sacrificing having an ultimate slot at all.

The poor guy needs some help, to bring him back into glory.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » August 23, 2014 2:43pm | Report
Solution: Make his ult have fireworks like old Sun Wukong :(
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » August 23, 2014 2:55pm | Report
As a Wukong player (rank X with diamond skin and over 1000 kills), I think I can be of some use.

First of all, bring the damage back up on The Magic Cudgel, but not to where it was before (it was very OP at first).
260 damage +50% of physical power sounds good to me.

His second ability is fine imho. Maybe bring the knockup back.

The third ability is good. It's still an amazing escape, disruption, and damage ability. If you're worried about getting hit by a knockup while using it, just use the bull form.

The last ability needs to have towers/phoenixes/minions always attack the decoy instead of Wukong, even if Wukong hits an enemy god. Maybe more damage on the actual attack itself too.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 23, 2014 3:02pm | Report
OK, once again, holding my spot here while I go grab the needed materials to make my changes.

EDIT:
Spoiler: Click to view

Not sure overall on the dmaage numbers, but there you go!

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 23, 2014 3:36pm | Report
well his 1 damage could be a bit higher but.

his 2 should just get the knockup back (I didn't even notice it was gone lolz)

his 3 it's fine but no knockup on eagle form sounds a bit odd in some way and in some way not.

his ult is fine but yes the decoy needs more fixes like the towers.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 23, 2014 4:00pm | Report
I suggest three changes that should definitely be implemented, and a rework which hopefully be implemented, but I doubt it.

1. Undefeated Body no longer grants crit chance, and instead, grants up to 20 + 2 x level power AND protections as his health goes down. Having a weird power spike at <35% health is just weird, and makes little sense.

2. The Magic Cudgel has a 10/9/8/7/6 second cooldown. He's an ability bruiser, and he should get some decent ability damage, by a longer cooldown if necessary. Maybe increase the damage at the very tip by 35%, making it 324 (+67.5%) of your power.

3. Master's Will now has its old 0.75 second knockup.

Now for the rework.

72 Transformations

Somersault Cloud

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 23, 2014 4:00pm | Report
Don't give his 2 knockback, Hi-Rez won't do that anyway. Only one ability can have CC for warriors, they clearly stated that during warrior nerfs.

Increase damage on ult and his 1 and make towers always shoot the decoy.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 23, 2014 4:20pm | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Don't give his 2 knockback, Hi-Rez won't do that anyway. Only one ability can have CC for warriors, they clearly stated that during warrior nerfs.

Increase damage on ult and his 1 and make towers always shoot the decoy.

Tyr, Chaac, Vamana, Hercules, Odin if you count his ult as CC, OSIRIS.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }