Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 6 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » August 2, 2014 6:00am | Report
I'll join, but I honestly have no input on Ares as you guys steered into a direction I do not prefer (although any Ares is a better Ares). So I'll join in the next idea.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » August 2, 2014 8:28am | Report
Well then, what is the direction you do prefer?

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » August 2, 2014 9:08am | Report
Wait new topic, What about vamana?
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » August 2, 2014 9:17am | Report
Read the rules.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » August 3, 2014 6:57am | Report
Jordenito wrote:

Read the rules.

Oops....
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kalafalafakah » August 3, 2014 8:59am | Report
Soooo I haven't seen any discussion on Hades really yet, and so I'm going to be that late guy and go ahead and put my two cents in on Ares... If you are looking for a rework essentially why not move him over to a warrior role and just do some slight adjustments to his kit. It would be waaaay easier and since there is an even number of guardians and warriors it wouldn't make too much of a difference. Shackles is a bit too strong so just lower that damage. I find searing flesh works alright as is just some minor readjustments to make it fit that physical role. His Bolster defenses seems forgettable but I find it to be oh so helpful when taking a tower or rushing in for a kill. His passive is alright-ish for a bruiser. It allows him to focus more on the tanky-warrior kinda idea if you like that. Then finally there is his ult. His iconic ult that always gets beads F'd. Personally I don't think it would fit a warrior but I do like how it often makes people use up their beads and it works quite well for securing kills since it's damage is not for this kind of aoe. Also who does magical damage with a sword anyway? I mean really.

Kalafalafakah

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » August 3, 2014 12:26pm | Report

Soooo I haven't seen any discussion on Hades really yet, and so I'm going to be that late guy and go ahead and put my two cents in on Ares... If you are looking for a rework essentially why not move him over to a warrior role and just do some slight adjustments to his kit. It would be waaaay easier and since there is an even number of guardians and warriors it wouldn't make too much of a difference. Shackles is a bit too strong so just lower that damage. I find searing flesh works alright as is just some minor readjustments to make it fit that physical role. His Bolster defenses seems forgettable but I find it to be oh so helpful when taking a tower or rushing in for a kill. His passive is alright-ish for a bruiser. It allows him to focus more on the tanky-warrior kinda idea if you like that. Then finally there is his ult. His iconic ult that always gets beads F'd. Personally I don't think it would fit a warrior but I do like how it often makes people use up their beads and it works quite well for securing kills since it's damage is not for this kind of aoe.

Changing him into a Warrior will basically mean nothing. You'd just rename his category and change his damage type. He would still have zero wave clear. He would still be absurdly ability reliant. His ultimate would still be a "beads or die!", stale and ineffective ultimate when playing against players with more than 10 games played in total. He would still have no actual peel to defend his allies.

All Ares does is damage. He can deal damage and soak up damage. That's it. As a Guardian, he just doesn't ft the role. As a Warrior? There would be other Warriors outclassing him.

Current Ares is just broken. His entire idea and his kit don't make sense, either for a Guardian, for a Mage, or for a Warrior if he were to be physical.
Also who does magical damage with a sword anyway? I mean really.

Athena's weapon isn't so different than a sword. Geb slams people with dirt shaped-hands, Sobek smacks people with an Axe, Ymir slaps people with an ice-cube, and Bacchus rubs TURKY ON PEOPLE! And you find it funny that a sword deals magical damage???

My Guides

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » August 3, 2014 1:18pm | Report
Let start the hades discussion.
Hades needs to be more supportive of his team then now, Cause i haven't seen any dumb adc that is dumb enough to risk himself and expose himself to cc and damage from the tank and adc when he's out of health just to get a heal, So that isn't a lifesaver.
And his passive actually is kinda sound like a mage's passive, But if he will gain the right moveset it can work.
I think he should still have a heal, But a unique one that is easier to lane then his original one.
I think he should also have a taunt, But suited a little bit more to help allies.
He should also have slow and waveclear (Not completlley strong to kill all minions, Kinda like Ymir's Glacial Strike) in one of his new abilities.
Still havent decided about his ult yet.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 3, 2014 1:22pm | Report
DucksRock wrote:

Let start the hades discussion.
Hades needs to be more supportive of his team then now, Cause i haven't seen any dumb adc that is dumb enough to risk himself and expose himself to cc and damage from the tank and adc when he's out of health just to get a heal, So that isn't a lifesaver.
And his passive actually is kinda sound like a mage's passive, But if he will gain the right moveset it can work.
I think he should still have a heal, But a unique one that is easier to lane then his original one.
I think he should also have a taunt, But suited a little bit more to help allies.
He should also have slow and waveclear (Not completlley strong to kill all minions, Kinda like Ymir's Glacial Strike) in one of his new abilities.
Still havent decided about his ult yet.

uhm 1st jorden moves the god on discussion. second hades played as tank that's new for me I always see him as mage)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » August 3, 2014 1:28pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

uhm 1st jorden moves the god on discussion. second hades played as tank that's new for me I always see him as mage)

Didnt he saw it will start on saturday or something?
Anyhow, Hades's original role is a guardian, And since smite has made a mistake and he's a mage now.
I think that a unique guardian with ranged basic attacks and a passive like Blight should be a fun one to play.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }